One reason Why RS are where they are

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

One reason Why RS are where they are

In recognition of his setting the record for most hits by a designated hitter last week, the Red Sox players presented David Ortiz with a six-liter bottle of 2008 Orin Swift "Mercury Head" Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon. All of the players signed the bottle, which has a Mercury Head dime imbedded in it. Gomes, who is a wine connoisseur, had the bottle delivered from Napa Valley to Oakland Coliseum.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: One reason Why RS are where they are

Funny, if you mean the bottle.  Absolutely right, if you mean Ortiz, who has only been spectacular.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

if i had to pick 1 reason for the RS record it owuld be Jacoby Ellsbury

MASTER OF PUPPETS I'M PULLING YOUR STRINGS!!
    TWISTING YOUR MIND AND SMASHING YOUR DREAMS!!
    BLINDED BY ME YOU CAN'T SEE A THING!!
    JUST CALL MY NAME 'CUZ I'LL HEAR YOU SCREAM!!
    MASTER!! MASTER!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Funny, if you mean the bottle.  Absolutely right, if you mean Ortiz, who has only been spectacular.

Mean the fact that the team actually gets along and knows and had a reason to give him something . Team cohesion is not always necessary but is a good thing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

MASTER!! MASTER!!

Mef you have some serious man love for Ells...Its quite the bro-mance Wink

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to mef429's comment:

MASTER!! MASTER!!

Mef you have some serious man love for Ells...Its quite the bro-mance Wink

it's one of the few things i lack objectivity on :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

Mean the fact that the team actually gets along and knows and had a reason to give him something . Team cohesion is not always necessary but is a good thing.

Dead on.  And, shame on me, I missed that implication.  I never believed in chemistry before this season, but now believe.  Farrell helps to.

Funny thing about last year's addition by subtraction.  The Sox in fact got a lot worse after AGon and company left.  The offseason acquisitions of Napoli, Gomes, Carp, Drew, Victorino, Hanrahan, Bailey, Uehara, Dempster, etc helped but weren't by any means transformational. 

The bigger deal is the improvement of guys who were already on the Sox:    Lackey, Salty (behind the plate), Ellsbury, Nava, Iglesias, Ortiz, Pedroia (not a big improvement so much as healthy and playing every day), Buchholz, Lester, Doubront, Miller, Tazawa, etc.  As you suggest, it was the new environment that made those improvements easier to achieve. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

I never believed in chemistry before this season, but now believe.  Farrell helps to.

I still don't believe in "chemistry". I believe in math and maybe a little over-performance here and there. Personally, I think we got a Moneyball team here that is hitting on most cylinders.

-Daf.

10. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts