One step at a time...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

One step at a time...

After starting the year 2-10, the Sox now find themselves atop the AL East with a 2 game lead and the best record in the AL after sweeping the troubled Yank's in Gotham...After last night big win the Sox find themselves 10 games over .500 (36-26)..going 34-16 .680 ball since thier ominous begining to a promising season...the next rung on the ladder is getting to the 20 games over mark which puts them on a 92 win pace...Which if they continue to play .680 ball will be a foregone conclusion and simply a matter of time...Given thier current pace with 100 games to go if the Sox play .680 from here on they'll finish the year with 114 wins and run away with the division...

As comprised, the biggest issue I see is the health of the team, if they can avoid any major season ending type injuries I like our chances to get deep into October...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Re: One step at a time...

In Response to One step at a time...:
    [QUOTE]After starting the year 2-10, the Sox now find themselves atop the AL East with a 2 game lead and the best record in the AL after sweeping the troubled Yank's in Gotham...After last night big win the Sox find themselves 10 games over .500 (36-26)..going 34-16 .680 ball since thier ominous begining to a promising season...the next rung on the ladder is getting to the 20 games over mark which puts them on a 92 win pace...Which if they continue to play .680 ball will be a foregone conclusion and simply a matter of time...Given thier current pace with 100 games to go if the Sox play .680 from here on they'll finish the year with 114 wins and run away with the division... As comprised, the biggest issue I see is the health of the team, if they can avoid any major season ending type injuries...
    Posted by Beantowne[/QUOTE]

Hey Beantowne, the Sox have all right pieces they just need to keep their focus.  We also need some good outings from the pen, not all games will be decided by the offense.  Pap, Bard and Jenks really need to shine for us down the stretch for us to have a real chance at the WS.  Pap's future in Boston may depend on it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Morning Beans...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

G'morning jetes!
    you must be sitting on a soft pillow after this last series eh pard????

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: One step at a time...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: One step at a time... : I don't disagree that the back end has to pitch big in big games...Albers, Wheeler & Aceves are also key guys to help take some of load off the above and allow Francona to pull his starters in close games when they don't have thier best stuff... Jenk's is the big unknown given his health and he hasn't exactly been a go to guy when he was on the roster (alibiet pitching with injuries)...As the deadline approaches, I think they'll try to add another arm (lefty?), but given the Yank's current plight, they may have to really overpay to outbid them on the top guys...It'll be interesting to see if the Yanks are agressive in trying to retool or do they, like 2008 just play out the string and save thier chips to reload in the offseason?

Good read, I made a bet with a buddy this season that the Sox and Dodgers "no less" I know it's crazy, would meet in this years WS.  The Phillies have a great pitching staff but I just see something going wrong for them in the playoffs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: One step at a time... : Good morning Jete, tough loss last night, it must have been a late one for you guys on the east coast and a very early morning...
    Posted by Beantowne[/QUOTE]hey, what can i say, you play bad ..you get beat...i felt like i was watching watching a West Coast game..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

so far this season the SOX own the yank-ems; everybody else on the schedule, the SOX rent.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: One step at a time... : hey, what can i say, you play bad ..you get beat...i felt like i was watching watching a West Coast game..
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE] I agree with you. Now lets see what the Sox do in Toronto, you got the Indians at home

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from REBEL. Show REBEL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: One step at a time... : I don't disagree that the back end has to pitch big in big games...Albers, Wheeler & Aceves are also key guys to help take some of load off the above and allow Francona to pull his starters in close games when they don't have thier best stuff... Jenk's is the big unknown given his health and he hasn't exactly been a go to guy when he was on the roster (alibiet pitching with injuries)...As the deadline approaches, I think they'll try to add another arm (lefty?), but given the Yank's current plight, they may have to really overpay to outbid them on the top guys...It'll be interesting to see if the Yanks are agressive in trying to retool or do they, like 2008 just play out the string and save thier chips to reload in the offseason?
    I WOULD FEEL A LOT BETTER IF WE HAD WOOD IN OUR BULLPEN, AND NOT A POTENTIAL FOR THE YANKS!  HE COULD BE A BIG HELP!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

Given thier current pace with 100 games to go if the Sox play .680 from here on they'll finish the year with 114 wins and run away with the division...

I agree with the idea of the post, but this is an incorrect statement.  If they continue to play at .680 ball the final 100 games, they will have only 104 wins.  (68+36).  Sorry, I am the mathematical version of the grammar police. Wink Though, I think mathematics are more important than grammar.  Never saw a building come down or a financial deal go bad due to a grammatical error. Smile

Edit:  Though I suppose a contract could be contested if there were grammatical errors in it that made it confusing or ambiguous.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

And really, just winning 3 of 5 the rest of the way, .600 ball, gets the Sox to 96 wins.  That should win the division.  Personally, I am just enjoying the run, not just this year, but over the last several years.  There hasn't been a better time to be a Sox fan in my lifetime. 

Sections
Shortcuts