One tough lefty down, one to go...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

One tough lefty down, one to go...

Fear not...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: One tough lefty down, one to go...

Big momentum builder today.

Beating Price would be huge.

Take it to 'em, and don't give 'em a chance to feel confident.

Sox4ever

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Batting practice is over. Good job guys. Time to hammer Price. He deserves a bad game. We don't want him too confident if he has a second start. Time to take him down!

FTR I made a similar post saying it was time for Wakefield to take King Felix down. Everyone mocked it, but it happened. Just sayin'.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

Batting practice is over. Good job guys. Time to hammer Price. He deserves a bad game. We don't want him too confident if he has a second start. Time to take him down!

FTR I made a similar post saying it was time for Wakefield to take King Felix down. Everyone mocked it, but it happened. Just sayin'.

If we win this next game, there probably won't be a next Price start until April!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

If we win this next game, there probably won't be a next Price start until April!

And there ya go...lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Put anyone in there that can hit Price and take him out! Do it! No feelings being hurt, no questioning of the lineup, do whatever you have to to take this guy out!!!!!!!! Move the line-up all over the place. Take a guy out of the stands, I don't care, just hit THIS GUY.  Do you hear me Red Sox?????

And let's make sure that he throws alot of pitches if he does get you out. That to me is a job well done as well. We need to hit him, and also GET HIM OUT OF THERE.

Again, just sayin'.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Kim, I think Farrell heard you because Ross, with 2 dingers in 5 at bats, will start against Price, reportedly.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Kim, I think Farrell heard you because Ross, with 2 dingers in 5 at bats, will start against Price, reportedly.  

Was I that loud? LOL

Edit: I'll add he's great at gunning down runners. And the Rays love to run. I think they'd have to think about that IF they get on base. Nothing wrong with giving them something more to think about.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

It's no time for egos. Especially, on this team. EVERYONE has contributed in some way. Let's win the game at hand anyway we can. No one should be unhappy with that. Put our best foot forward...

(FTR If I were a manager, that would be the way I approached every game. Get on board, it's a long ride and we play as a team, and we win as a team. The rewards are worth it.) Oh, and suck it up! :)

Go get 'em. And by 'em I mean Price. lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I'd just like one early run to set them back on their heels a bit, and to give Lackey some motivation to protect it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

But what uniform will he be wearing?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to notin's comment:

But what uniform will he be wearing?

He was paid just over $10M this year, which is about the limit the Rays will ever pay anybody no matter how good they are.

Price has 2 arb years left, and the injury this year depressed his stats enough to effect his raise to some extent, but never the less, he will get a nice raise. His trade value is still very high. 2 full years of control for an ace. The rays may trade him this winter or at the next trade deadline, and perhaps even next winter, if they are looking to make a strong push for a 2014 ring. It's hard to imagine any scenario where he does not get traded at all. The return in trade would very much outweigh the comp pick they'd get after 2015, and an extension is near an impossibility, unless David accepts a grossly team-friendly deal.

I'd love to get Price, but getting the Rays to trade him to us would be very very difficult. As much as Price is a big part of the Rays winning ways, I think they could still be a tough team without him, especially if they get an instant impact young player like Myers as part of the return deal.

The Rays will still have a formidable rotation even with the loss of Shields this year and perhaps Price next year:

24 Matt Moore 17-4  3.29  1.297

25 Alex Cobb  11-3  2.76  1.151

24 Chris Archer 9-7 3.22  1.127

27 Hellickson  12-10  5.17  1.351

23 Jake Odorizzi 0-1  3.94  1.213 (30 IP)

#45 prospect on MLB.com (was #68 on BA)/3.15 ERA in 232 IP with AAA

24 Alex Colome  1-1  2.25  1.431 (16 IP)

They also have some other young pitchers: Alex Torres 25, E Romero 22, and others on the farm.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

This year in five games the Red Sox are hitting  a collective .167/.476 against Price. Make no mistake: unless he has an uncharacteristic off game, runs for us will be at a premium. He has given up just nine runs in those five games and his K/BB is 10. He will be tough. Today we will go as far as John Lackey takes us. Unless Lackey pitches a gem we have little chance.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

For a second I thought the Sox were in trouble, unti; pumpsie predicted a loss.  :)

Maybe the Sox dodged a bullet there...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

For a second I thought the Sox were in trouble, unti; pumpsie predicted a loss.  :)

Just like yesterday when ADG posted early that the Sox lineup didn't have it and Lester didn't have it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Where did I predict a loss? All I said was that Price is going to be very tough and that in order to have a chance Lackey has to match him (or better). I think this game is one we could win if we are close late in the game and Price's pitch count is high.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Sox will have to have a strategy to get to Price, like yesterday they started sitting on Moore's fast balls after 3 innings, laying off his off speed stuff.

If Lackey can't hold them to 2 runs in about 7 innings, Rays could take this game.  But that is not the end of the game either, with Bucholz pitching game 3, and Lester game 5, sets Sox up quite nicely on the downside.

Still hoping for Sox to win today, and go for the sweep.  They are that good, and capable of winning today.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Price has better control than Moore, so the Sox have to be a bit more aggressive at the plate than they were with Moore. They're unlikely going to be able to wear down Price because Price will attack the zone early in the count.

The best bet is that Price might not be as sharp because of the pitch count of his last outing, and the Sox being aggressive will pay off. If the Sox can get some hits early in counts, Price might then start to nibble, which then will allow the Sox to drive up his pitch county.

I forget what the numbers were, but I heard earlier this week that when Price had a start with the number of pitches he had earlier in the week, that in his next start he wasn't quite as sharp.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

Price has better control than Moore, so the Sox have to be a bit more aggressive at the plate than they were with Moore. They're unlikely going to be able to wear down Price because Price will attack the zone early in the count.

The best bet is that Price might not be as sharp because of the pitch count of his last outing, and the Sox being aggressive will pay off. If the Sox can get some hits early in counts, Price might then start to nibble, which then will allow the Sox to drive up his pitch county.

I forget what the numbers were, but I heard earlier this week that when Price had a start with the number of pitches he had earlier in the week, that in his next start he wasn't quite as sharp.

He has pitched a lot of high stress innings lately. He has to be feeling a little worn out. I agree with you: our best bet is that he is off his game a bit, combined with great SP by Lackey, who is rested. I would give us even odds today.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

He has pitched a lot of high stress innings lately. He has to be feeling a little worn out. I agree with you: our best bet is that he is off his game a bit, combined with great SP by Lackey, who is rested. I would give us even odds today.

He's had something like 118, 102 and 90 pitches his last 3 starts on normal rest.

I'm not buying the fatigue argument.

We can not "sit on pitches" either. Price will kill us with his control. I think we need to go after the first pitch more foten than we have been... like Pedey yesterday.

Beat this guy, and our confidence will be a mile high.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Ooops I did it again...hee hee

I'm two for two on supposedly outrageous calls. Nice take down of Price. It was time. And great game!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Just like yesterday when ADG posted early that the Sox lineup didn't have it and Lester didn't have it.

I read that gamethread, and I don't usually read them. ADG showed up just in time when things looked bad, and then was no where to be found when the game changed. As usual. I really miss his five threads a day, but I guess there isn't many negative things to talk about.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to tampa2013's comment:

I'm two for two on supposedly outrageous calls. Nice take down of Price. It was time. And great game!

Kim, do you work for the G;obe?

What is "the G;obe"?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to tampa2013's comment:

Kim, do you work for the G;obe?

Yes. I'm in the "Sports Predictions" department. I think I just got a raise. lol

Sections
Shortcuts