One tough lefty down, one to go...

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: One tough lefty down, one to go...

In response to tampa2013's comment:

Kim, you were a pain in the AZZ  to the Forum fraternity but yet you never got banned. Why was that?

I've already said in Dottie's thread how I felt about bannings. You should really have to say something truly offensive. It shouldn't be about whether someone likes what you're saying or not, or likes you or not. And I've also addressed a "group" here who, I believe, feel that's not true in one of Max's threads.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Kim, you were a pain in the AZZ  to the Forum fraternity but yet you never got banned. Why was that?

Well then, someone is banning on whether they like you or not and not based on the logic or reason of your coments. Not right.

I've already said in Dottie's thread how I felt about bannings. You should really have to say something truly offensive. It shouldn't be about whether someone likes what you're saying or not, or likes you or not. And I've also addressed a "group" here who, I believe, feel that's not true in one of Max's threads.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's true, and that's what I said in Dottie's thread. Don't know how they're able to get all the Sox fans' bannings, they seem to fill the board. Maybe that can change.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The question was, why are you immune from the bannings?

[QUOTE]

Well then, someone is banning on whether they like you or not and not based on the logic or reason of your coments. Not right.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's true, and that's what I said in Dottie's thread. Don't know how they're able to get all the Sox fans' bannings, they seem to fill the board. Maybe that can change.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why are you so interested in my account? I answered your questions. I've said everything I had to say on the forum about this. Are you someone here I remember? If you are, I'm not in any way unsympathetic to your cause. I don't agree with the bannings for someone who may annoy anyone. I think that's what "ignore" is for. It shouldn't be used to ban posters. I said the same thing about Beni who was banned for "taunting" Yankee fans on a Sox board. It was a shame, and it shouldn't be this way.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

It's just strange that so many on the forum hated Kimsaysthis and yet she never got banned. Just a simple question of curiousity.

FTR I was temporarily unable to use my account, but that was corrected. I don't know if that's what you mean, I also don't know how you would know that, but it seems you do since you weren't going to take my responses to your questions until I said that.

Again, I have defended the rights of all Sox fans to be free to say whatever they want -- unless it's truly offensive -- since I came here. I have defended what is always described as the most "hated" poster on the board. Frankly, I've never been one to "go along with the pack" -- or "frat"-- however anyone sees it. My opinion hasn't changed about banned posters, even after this exchange. And if you're wondering, I have never reported any post this poster has made, as even if the posts may annoy some people, they truly weren't reportable. It was simply a situation where they should have just used the "ignore option". I'm not a post "reporter". jsyk

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Anyway...

I'm two for two on supposedly outrageous calls. Nice take down of Price. It was time. And great game!

Too bad another of my amazing predictions got buried. It's still true. FTR

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

Price has better control than Moore, so the Sox have to be a bit more aggressive at the plate than they were with Moore. They're unlikely going to be able to wear down Price because Price will attack the zone early in the count.

The best bet is that Price might not be as sharp because of the pitch count of his last outing, and the Sox being aggressive will pay off. If the Sox can get some hits early in counts, Price might then start to nibble, which then will allow the Sox to drive up his pitch county.

I forget what the numbers were, but I heard earlier this week that when Price had a start with the number of pitches he had earlier in the week, that in his next start he wasn't quite as sharp.

You called it, Roy.  Good job.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Price has better control than Moore, so the Sox have to be a bit more aggressive at the plate than they were with Moore. They're unlikely going to be able to wear down Price because Price will attack the zone early in the count.

The best bet is that Price might not be as sharp because of the pitch count of his last outing, and the Sox being aggressive will pay off. If the Sox can get some hits early in counts, Price might then start to nibble, which then will allow the Sox to drive up his pitch county.

I forget what the numbers were, but I heard earlier this week that when Price had a start with the number of pitches he had earlier in the week, that in his next start he wasn't quite as sharp.

He has pitched a lot of high stress innings lately. He has to be feeling a little worn out. I agree with you: our best bet is that he is off his game a bit, combined with great SP by Lackey, who is rested. I would give us even odds today.

[/QUOTE]

He's had something like 118, 102 and 90 pitches his last 3 starts on normal rest.

I'm not buying the fatigue argument.

We can not "sit on pitches" either. Price will kill us with his control. I think we need to go after the first pitch more foten than we have been... like Pedey yesterday.

Beat this guy, and our confidence will be a mile high.

[/QUOTE]

You too, Moon.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to notin's comment:

[QUOTE]

For a second I thought the Sox were in trouble, unti; pumpsie predicted a loss.  :)

Maybe the Sox dodged a bullet there...

Just like yesterday when ADG posted early that the Sox lineup didn't have it and Lester didn't have it.

[/QUOTE]

I guess ADG didn't have it.  He never did.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I'm not really a braggart. I only made such a fuss because I wanted to make sure posters remember I called another game. A very difficult game. I'm a female posting on a 99.9% male sports board. This, like the Felix/Wakefield game, is probably the only time I will get it right as far as predictions go. I will however, acknowledge women's intuition, which is no small thing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I'm not really a braggart. I only made such a fuss because I wanted to make sure posters remember I called another game. A very difficult game. I'm a female posting on a 99.9% male sports board. This, like the Felix/Wakefield game, is probably the only time I will get it right as far as predictions go. I will however, acknowledge women's intuition, which is no small thing.

You must know that on Ken Burns brilliant series on Baseball Doris Kearns Goodwin, who wrote the Lincoln book on which the also brilliant movie is based, is one of the principal talking heads on the Dodgers, on the Sox (her adopted team after the Dodgers went west), and on baseball in general.  With or without intuition, smart and articulate are always good qualities to have. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

You must know that on Ken Burns brilliant series on Baseball Doris Kearns Goodwin, who wrote the Lincoln book on which the also brilliant movie is based, is one of the principal talking heads on the Dodgers, on the Sox (her adopted team after the Dodgers went west), and on baseball in general.  With or without intuition, smart and articulate are always good qualities to have. 

Without question, the single most endearing post I have read on this or any forum. Thank you. And I did not know that about Doris Kearns Goodwin, and but I do now.Smile

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas's comment:

In response to moonslav59's comment:

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

He has pitched a lot of high stress innings lately. He has to be feeling a little worn out. I agree with you: our best bet is that he is off his game a bit, combined with great SP by Lackey, who is rested. I would give us even odds today.

He's had something like 118, 102 and 90 pitches his last 3 starts on normal rest.

I'm not buying the fatigue argument.

We can not "sit on pitches" either. Price will kill us with his control. I think we need to go after the first pitch more foten than we have been... like Pedey yesterday.

Beat this guy, and our confidence will be a mile high.

You too, Moon.  

Price did not have his usual pinpoint control yesterday. He was quite ordinary. I don't know if it was just an off game for him or if he is just tired, though I suspect the latter. The Red Sox did have a good approach yesterday: they laid off the offspeed stuff and waited for his fastball. Price's problem is that he had to throw it too often (for him) in counts where he was behind, which was much more often than usual. The Sox were sitting on it. Meanwhile, in our games played against the Rays' "two tough lefties" we scored 19 runs. They proved to be not so tough after all.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Price did not have his usual pinpoint control yesterday. He was quite ordinary. I don't know if it was just an off game for him or if he is just tired, though I suspect the latter. The Red Sox did have a good approach yesterday: they laid off the offspeed stuff and waited for his fastball. Price's problem is that he had to throw it too often (for him) in counts where he was behind, which was much more often than usual. The Sox were sitting on it. Meanwhile, in our games played against the Rays' "two tough lefties" we scored 19 runs. They proved to be not so tough after all.

I'm not sure what it was, but something off.  He threw enough strikes, but he wasn't putting guys away.  Maybe there wasn't enough variability in his selection.  I don't chart pitches, but it looked like he threw the same pitch to Drew 4 times in a row, before Drew just sat back and lined it down the LF line.

Lackey didn't really pitch much better, but he threw at least a handful of pitches that completely fooled the hitter for the strikeout.

And maybe not so tough this time, but I'd still really prefer to not see Price again.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

If we see Price again as Joe Maddon would have us believe, it will be at Fenway, which does not favor lefties.  The green monster takes some doing to go over it, but not so much to get to it. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Been away due to computer issues....two down...bring on the cowbells!

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.