One Wonders...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

One Wonders...

One Wonders …. 

if these thoughts of forced re-construction are really thought out;                

if the upset over no changes really should be cause for that upset;

if, like in 2007, the negative ones will be able to face themselves if/when our guys pull off a comeback.

Allow me to share a moment.  This won’t be my finest effort, for I am falling asleep as I type.  {I have edited it a little 2 days later ... I apologize it was typed so messily.}

1)      if these thoughts of forced re-construction are really thought out. 

I recall the anger of paying some of Lugo’s contract to get rid of him – and several others as well.  But there is a strand of thought here that says “unload the fat cat’s and their contracts.” 

Pray tell how?  If Henry and Co. should dump the players, there is very little they could do in re-building because they would still be paying huge amounts of cash in the remainder of those very contracts.  How would they get rid of all the problem children in the gang and not still owe exorbitant  amounts on huge contracts? 

Doesn’t make sense to me to dig a whole deeper and deeper … and somehow think the ledgers will be clear to make new responsible decisions that you all would be happy with.  Don’t try to be dishonest about this.  There is no genie in a lamp that will honor your/our wishes to dump the core of $170+/- million a year and start fresh. 

Even if we only got rid of your favorite problem children and their contracts, which would not truly relieve the financial burden we are all so well aware of.
    Your ire and sensible thinking doesn’t qualify as valid currency for the next step you propose, never mind taking care of you’re the old problems you so commonly address. 

2)      If the upset over no significant changes really should be cause for that upset so often framed on this site. 

First, already you are not enamored with large deals, expensive pieces, long distant shots in the dark.Not only have we been snake bitten by these contracts, but many other teams have been too.  Without listing our issues, take a quick look at one the Yanquis have famously failed at …  Burnett is now a solid Cy Young award leader at the Burgh , 14-1 and dominant.  I could list several others … but for decency sake and length of post will not.  I could list others not in the Rivalry, but why?  Each one would just be a starting point for more argumentation.                 

Then, who would be coming our way?  Dempsey didn’t want to come east, Atlanta OR Boston.  Garza is injured and hasn’t pitched in almost 2 weeks. Grenke (sp) never wanted to come to Boston, or so old reports in KC said.  Cliff Lee?  Hmmm.  One win this season … hasn ‘t pitched awfully or whatever, but …

Would you really want Pence or the Flying Hawaiian?  Are either that much of an upgrade?  Ok, there was Hanley Ramirez …but suddenly LA had all the right parts for that deal.

If Josh and Jon get their mojo back, so do we.  Having a rough season is an unforgiveable sin .... whew!

3.            If, like in 2007, the negative ones will be able to face themselves if/when our guys pull off a comeback.               

But there is never/rarely appreciation, that in a game as fickle as baseball, even if you field the “best” team it nowhere guarantees a championship.  Shall I list the countless “sure things” that have lost to division winners or wild cards that just barely make it – and in a series or two, they –the “lesser” team- plays better and suddenly become not the ones who skim by but are recorded as WS C?

No, I’m not happy with losing and in ALL frankness, almost kissed this season good bye when Tex tied the game Lester had been given a 6-1 lead.  

But when is it appropriate to be thankful for how much pleasure the Sox have given?

Yes. Losing stinks and wears at the soul, but in the larger frame of it all, when are we glad to be Sox fans, no matter what?  ONLY when we are in the playoffs?  Only when we are crowned WS champs?  There are some who post here that aren’t even happy with that.  They claim they are, but it is such a fleeting moment, the memory of it must be like the thought of a good meal,  quickly past the gums, slowly through the g.i. tract (track?) and swiftly out the other end…    and as much as losing stinks, that fast farewell to a goodly thing surely does too.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: One Wonders...

Nice post.
    I will say I'm thankful every first week in April that we start it all over again win or lose, WS win or last place.
    Just knowing I can follow the RS another year is worth it. As I got older I fully understand what I have absolutely no control over is not worth getting my shorts in a bunch over.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from taz1956. Show taz1956's posts

In Response to One Wonders...:
    One Wonders ….   if these thoughts of forced re-construction are really thought out;                   if the upset over no changes really should be cause for that upset;                   if, like in 2007, the negative ones will be able to face themselves if/when our guys pull off a comeback.      Allow me to share a moment.   This won’t be my finest effort, for I am falling asleep as I type.     1)       if these thoughts of forced re-construction are really thought out I recall the anger of paying some of Lugo’s contract to get rid of him – and several others as well.   But there is a strand of thought here that says “unload the fat cat’s and their contracts.”   Pray tell how?   If Henry and Co. should dump the players, there is very little they could do in re-building because they would still be paying huge amounts of cash in the remainder of those very contracts.   How would they get rid of all the problem children in the gang and not still owe exorbitant   amounts on huge contracts?   Doesn’t make sense to me to dig a whole deeper and deeper … and somehow think the ledgers will be clear to make new responsible decisions that you all would be happy with.   Don’t try to be dishonest about this.   There is no genie in a lamp that will honor your/our wishes to dump the core of $170+/- million a year and start fresh.   Even if we only got rid of your favorite problem children and their contracts, which would not truly relieve the financial burden we are all so well aware of. Your ire and sensible thinking doesn’t qualify as valid currency for the next step you propose, never mind taking care of you’re the old problems you so commonly address.   2)       If the upset over no significant changes really should be cause for that upset so often framed on this site.   First, already you are not enamored with large deals, expensive pieces, long distant shots in the dark. Not only have we been snake bitten by these contracts, but many other teams have been too.   Without listing our issues, take a quick look at one the Yanquis have famously failed at …   Burnett is now a solid Cy Young award leader at the Burgh , 14-1 and dominant.   I could list several others … but for decency sake and length of post will not.   I could list others not in the Rivalry, but why?   Each one would just be a starting point for more argumentation.                   Then, who would be coming our way?   Dempsey didn’t want to come east, Atlanta OR Boston.   Garza is injured and hasn’t pitched in almost 2 weeks. Grenke (sp) never wanted to come to Boston, or so old reports in KC said.   Cliff Lee?   Hmmm.   One win this season … hasn ‘t pitched awfully or whatever, but …                 Would you really want Pence or the Flying Hawaiian?   Are either that much of an upgrade?   Ok, there was Hanley Ramirez …but suddenly LA had all the right parts for that deal.                 If Josh and Jon get their mojo back, so do we.   Having a rough season is an unforgiveable sin .... whew! 3.             If, like in 2007, the negative ones will be able to face themselves if/when our guys pull off a comeback.                 But there is never/rarely appreciation, that in a game as fickle as baseball, even if you field the “best” team it nowhere guarantees a championship.   Shall I list the countless “sure things” that have lost to division winners or wild cards that just barely make it – and in a series or two, they –the “lesser” team- plays better and suddenly become not the ones who skim by but are recorded as WS C?                 No, I’m not happy with losing and in ALL frankness, almost kissed this season good bye when Tex tied the game Lester had been given a 6-1 lead.                   But when is it appropriate to be thankful for how much pleasure the Sox have given?                 Yes. Losing stinks and wears at the soul, but in the larger frame of it all, when are we glad to be Sox fans, no matter what?   ONLY when we are in the playoffs?   Only when we are crowned WS champs?   There are some who post here that aren’t even happy with that.   They claim they are, but it is such a fleeting moment, the memory of it must be like the thought of a good meal,   quickly past the gums, slowly through the g.i. tract (track?) and swiftly out the other end…     and as much as losing stinks, that fast farewell to a goodly thing surely does to.
    Posted by SinceYaz

Negative breeds negative and positive breeds positive. Maybe the fans of the Red Sox should stop feeling so self entitled. Baseball is a sport and all who play has a desire to win. Not all can achieve this goal but I am sure they all try. We as fans can help by cheering the players on and give encouragement when they struggle. These players are human beings with a heart and feelings like each of us do. When pressured for lack of performance they sometimes will press and make matters worse. We did this to George Scott who was trader to Milwaukee, played great, was reacquired, and then melted under the constant badgering of fans. I would like to see any of you complainers stand in at the plate and face even a 90 MPH fastball. Heck most of you would buckle at a 60 MPH   knuckleball. What we have here are some posters who like to create a stir and rile others to their cause. Most of them would rather see the Sox perform poorly so that they can continue the onslaught. We have a good thing going with the Sox, but rest assured that we are on the verge of becoming the Sox of the 90’s as we loose players frustrated with playing to ungrateful fans and free agents not signing here for the same reason. We root for our team because they are our team. If someone is having problems we encourage them so that their confidence level will increase which will enhance their performance better that name-calling and booing! I come to this forum every day to read about the team I have rooted for since 66 and for the last 20 years could not see a game because I live in the Chicago suburbs. I am ashamed at the constant bickering and player bashing that goes on here and all that do that should also be ashamed. I am not saying that we sugar coat everything, but it would be nice to see constructive criticism so that maybe the players can improve, not shrink back into the dugout and hide from the fans and media. There are ways to effect your desires without destroying the product. Of course there are some that come here in the hopes that they can do just that. If you are not one of them then maybe you need to rethink your strategy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Jim, yaz, GREAT POSTS.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: One Wonders...:
    In Response to One Wonders... : Negative breeds negative and positive breeds positive. Maybe the fans of the Red Sox should stop feeling so self entitled. Baseball is a sport and all who play has a desire to win. Not all can achieve this goal but I am sure they all try. We as fans can help by cheering the players on and give encouragement when they struggle. These players are human beings with a heart and feelings like each of us do. When pressured for lack of performance they sometimes will press and make matters worse. We did this to George Scott who was trader to Milwaukee, played great, was reacquired, and then melted under the constant badgering of fans. I would like to see any of you complainers stand in at the plate and face even a 90 MPH fastball. Heck most of you would buckle at a 60 MPH     knuckleball. What we have here are some posters who like to create a stir and rile others to their cause. Most of them would rather see the Sox perform poorly so that they can continue the onslaught. We have a good thing going with the Sox, but rest assured that we are on the verge of becoming the Sox of the 90’s as we loose players frustrated with playing to ungrateful fans and free agents not signing here for the same reason. We root for our team because they are our team. If someone is having problems we encourage them so that their confidence level will increase which will enhance their performance better that name-calling and booing! I come to this forum every day to read about the team I have rooted for since 66 and for the last 20 years could not see a game because I live in the Chicago suburbs. I am ashamed at the constant bickering and player bashing that goes on here and all that do that should also be ashamed. I am not saying that we sugar coat everything, but it would be nice to see constructive criticism so that maybe the players can improve, not shrink back into the dugout and hide from the fans and media. There are ways to effect your desires without destroying the product. Of course there are some that come here in the hopes that they can do just that. If you are not one of them then maybe you need to rethink your strategy.
    Posted by taz1956

Another great post.

I laugh when some posters/fans(?) whine about how entitled the players are. There reaction to some adversity of the past year, to me, shows that they feel more entitled than all of the players combined.

This isn't to excuse unprofessional behavior or lack of effort. But news flash: Just because a player is underperforming (A-Gon earlier this year, or Lester for example) it doesn't mean they don't care or they're not working hard.

For so-called smart fans, it's amazing how many don't seem to understand the nature of hitting and pitching. You can care 100 percent and work your butt off, but that doesn't mean you're not going to have slumps or struggle at times.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from taz1956. Show taz1956's posts

In Response to Re: One Wonders... : Another great post. I laugh when some posters/fans(?) whine about how entitled the players are. There reaction to some adversity of the past year, to me, shows that they feel more entitled than all of the players combined. This isn't to excuse unprofessional behavior or lack of effort. But news flash: Just because a player is underperforming (A-Gon earlier this year, or Lester for example) it doesn't mean they don't care or they're not working hard. For so-called smart fans, it's amazing how many don't seem to understand the nature of hitting and pitching. You can care 100 percent and work your butt off, but that doesn't mean you're not going to have slumps or struggle at times.
    Posted by royf19

Agree 100%. Great Post

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I am understanding all the whining and complaining about Sox players and management much, much better now that Spacegirl is turning 2.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yukon-Cornelius. Show Yukon-Cornelius's posts

I am understanding all the whining and complaining about Sox players and management much, much better now that Spacegirl is turning 2.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

Well said, Spaceman.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The winning , the losing , the positive fans , the negative fans , the cheering , the booing , the happiness , the despair , the arguments ; ------ It's all part of the ride , part of the fun. That's all it is. It's not life and death. Enjoy it while it's here. It won't be here forever.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

The winning , the losing , the positive fans , the negative fans , the cheering , the booing , the happiness , the despair , the arguments ; ------ It's all part of the ride , part of the fun. That's all it is. It's not life and death. Enjoy it while it's here. It won't be here forever.
    Posted by dgalehouse

Amen.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

In Response to One Wonders...:
    One Wonders ….   if these thoughts of forced re-construction are really thought out;                   if the upset over no changes really should be cause for that upset;                   if, like in 2007, the negative ones will be able to face themselves if/when our guys pull off a comeback.      Allow me to share a moment.   This won’t be my finest effort, for I am falling asleep as I type.     1)       if these thoughts of forced re-construction are really thought out I recall the anger of paying some of Lugo’s contract to get rid of him – and several others as well.   But there is a strand of thought here that says “unload the fat cat’s and their contracts.”   Pray tell how?   If Henry and Co. should dump the players, there is very little they could do in re-building because they would still be paying huge amounts of cash in the remainder of those very contracts.   How would they get rid of all the problem children in the gang and not still owe exorbitant   amounts on huge contracts?   Doesn’t make sense to me to dig a whole deeper and deeper … and somehow think the ledgers will be clear to make new responsible decisions that you all would be happy with.   Don’t try to be dishonest about this.   There is no genie in a lamp that will honor your/our wishes to dump the core of $170+/- million a year and start fresh.   Even if we only got rid of your favorite problem children and their contracts, which would not truly relieve the financial burden we are all so well aware of. Your ire and sensible thinking doesn’t qualify as valid currency for the next step you propose, never mind taking care of you’re the old problems you so commonly address.   2)       If the upset over no significant changes really should be cause for that upset so often framed on this site.   First, already you are not enamored with large deals, expensive pieces, long distant shots in the dark. Not only have we been snake bitten by these contracts, but many other teams have been too.   Without listing our issues, take a quick look at one the Yanquis have famously failed at …   Burnett is now a solid Cy Young award leader at the Burgh , 14-1 and dominant.   I could list several others … but for decency sake and length of post will not.   I could list others not in the Rivalry, but why?   Each one would just be a starting point for more argumentation.                   Then, who would be coming our way?   Dempsey didn’t want to come east, Atlanta OR Boston.   Garza is injured and hasn’t pitched in almost 2 weeks. Grenke (sp) never wanted to come to Boston, or so old reports in KC said.   Cliff Lee?   Hmmm.   One win this season … hasn ‘t pitched awfully or whatever, but …                 Would you really want Pence or the Flying Hawaiian?   Are either that much of an upgrade?   Ok, there was Hanley Ramirez …but suddenly LA had all the right parts for that deal.                 If Josh and Jon get their mojo back, so do we.   Having a rough season is an unforgiveable sin .... whew! 3.             If, like in 2007, the negative ones will be able to face themselves if/when our guys pull off a comeback.                 But there is never/rarely appreciation, that in a game as fickle as baseball, even if you field the “best” team it nowhere guarantees a championship.   Shall I list the countless “sure things” that have lost to division winners or wild cards that just barely make it – and in a series or two, they –the “lesser” team- plays better and suddenly become not the ones who skim by but are recorded as WS C?                 No, I’m not happy with losing and in ALL frankness, almost kissed this season good bye when Tex tied the game Lester had been given a 6-1 lead.                   But when is it appropriate to be thankful for how much pleasure the Sox have given?                 Yes. Losing stinks and wears at the soul, but in the larger frame of it all, when are we glad to be Sox fans, no matter what?   ONLY when we are in the playoffs?   Only when we are crowned WS champs?   There are some who post here that aren’t even happy with that.   They claim they are, but it is such a fleeting moment, the memory of it must be like the thought of a good meal,   quickly past the gums, slowly through the g.i. tract (track?) and swiftly out the other end…     and as much as losing stinks, that fast farewell to a goodly thing surely does to.
    Posted by SinceYaz

My friend, as always love to read your post's. I am thankful every year that i get to enjoy another season of my second best love (The Red Sox, Momma is #1). Some of us have suffered the bad years, the exciting but just missed years and the final triumph of complete victory. We love a player today, but hate him temporarily the next, only to love him again the following day. It is but a game and as we have learned only one team can win each game. I hope I can live another 15 years to enjoy each day of summer watching my second love! And I will take the losses with the wins and be thankful that I am allowed to be a Red Sox fan!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from taz1956. Show taz1956's posts

In Response to One Wonders... : My friend, as always love to read your post's. I am thankful every year that i get to enjoy another season of my second best love (The Red Sox, Momma is #1). Some of us have suffered the bad years, the exciting but just missed years and the final triumph of complete victory. We love a player today, but hate him temporarily the next, only to love him again the following day. It is but a game and as we have learned only one team can win each game. I hope I can live another 15 years to enjoy each day of summer watching my second love! And I will take the losses with the wins and be thankful that I am allowed to be a Red Sox fan!
    Posted by Promise4you2

+1

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Posted by SpacemanEephus

Enjoy your little darlin', Space.  They never ask permission to ... but before ya know it, they be all growed up  and livin' on they own.

Sweet 16, Prom, graduation, college - even service to our great country .... plenty to be proud of, but time was just too stinkin' short while they were at home ... mine are 32 and 28 .... it was just yesterday when...

Ahh, we be blessed and lucky ones ....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

Glad to see a thread where the good posters gathered.  Just missing moon, perhaps.  And I love the Hunt for Red October, one of my all-time favoire movies.  But mostly, I love the support for the locals.  I get caught up in the criticism from time to time, I admit.  But I have always maintained that the players would do better if we showed them undying support than if we get all over them every time they fail us.  Case in point, last night with Beckett.

Now, I haven't been to Fenway Pahk in over a decade (living in NJ now going on 22 years), but I would not have booed an injured player.  Nor will I go onthe board and second guess Beckett's motives for coming out of the game from the safety, warmth/coolness and dryness of my computer station.  I hope he finds his back cooperative when his next turn in the rotation comes up, and also hope he can have as good a first two innings as last night and keep that mojo going.  AND I hope Lester can get it together and go on the kind of run we all know he is capable of.  Why?  Because then the Sox will be a force to reckon with come late September.  And that is what a fan does...root for their team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from taz1956. Show taz1956's posts

Glad to see a thread where the good posters gathered.  Just missing moon, perhaps.  And I love the Hunt for Red October, one of my all-time favoire movies.  But mostly, I love the support for the locals.  I get caught up in the criticism from time to time, I admit.  But I have always maintained that the players would do better if we showed them undying support than if we get all over them every time they fail us.  Case in point, last night with Beckett. Now, I haven't been to Fenway Pahk in over a decade (living in NJ now going on 22 years), but I would not have booed an injured player.  Nor will I go onthe board and second guess Beckett's motives for coming out of the game from the safety, warmth/coolness and dryness of my computer station.  I hope he finds his back cooperative when his next turn in the rotation comes up, and also hope he can have as good a first two innings as last night and keep that mojo going.  AND I hope Lester can get it together and go on the kind of run we all know he is capable of.  Why?  Because then the Sox will be a force to reckon with come late September.  And that is what a fan does...root for their team.
    Posted by parhunter55

Amen to that!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

For obvious reasons, moving Beckett or Lester would have been a financial bust, but Ben sure could have made a deal to acquire a front-line starter by sacrificing some of the farm, or even roster players (would have rather kept Pods and traded Sweeney in the Breslow deal).

I can't know what names were thrown about, all I can do is speculate, based on what other teams were willing to give up to meet their needs. Obviously, there were some highly rated prospects dealt for some players, but that's what you have to do if you want to compete.

The only thing we really have going for us is that no one appears to be running away with it. NY is struggling, and we can keep up the pressure, it may work out.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

Sweeney might have been the original trade piece, with the Sox getting more in return for all we know, but hurting himself and putting himself on the DL right before the deadline makes trading him impossible.

As for the starter, who would you have traded for?  How do you know Ben didn't make an offer for him?  Cliff Lee is too expensive.  Dempster did not want to come to Boston.  Garza is injured.  Grienke is questionable in this market.  Josh Johnson is not pitching well enough to give up a king's ransom, IMO.  And King Felix, who should have been dealt if the Mariners were smart, IMO, was probably talked about and the Mariners dismissed the offer, as they said they would.  I would have liked to see Blanton added for a few double AA, secondary prospects who are redundant (Vitek or Cechinni?) just because he is almost certain to be better than Cook from here on out and he would provide the depth the staff suddenly lacks (with Beckett's back problems recurring).  But adding a top of the rotation starter?  How do you know Ben didn't try his hardest to do that?  Any GM with any familiarity with this team would have tried, I should think.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to One Wonders... : Negative breeds negative and positive breeds positive. Maybe the fans of the Red Sox should stop feeling so self entitled. Baseball is a sport and all who play has a desire to win. Not all can achieve this goal but I am sure they all try. We as fans can help by cheering the players on and give encouragement when they struggle. These players are human beings with a heart and feelings like each of us do. When pressured for lack of performance they sometimes will press and make matters worse. We did this to George Scott who was trader to Milwaukee, played great, was reacquired, and then melted under the constant badgering of fans. I would like to see any of you complainers stand in at the plate and face even a 90 MPH fastball. Heck most of you would buckle at a 60 MPH     knuckleball. What we have here are some posters who like to create a stir and rile others to their cause. Most of them would rather see the Sox perform poorly so that they can continue the onslaught. We have a good thing going with the Sox, but rest assured that we are on the verge of becoming the Sox of the 90’s as we loose players frustrated with playing to ungrateful fans and free agents not signing here for the same reason. We root for our team because they are our team. If someone is having problems we encourage them so that their confidence level will increase which will enhance their performance better that name-calling and booing! I come to this forum every day to read about the team I have rooted for since 66 and for the last 20 years could not see a game because I live in the Chicago suburbs. I am ashamed at the constant bickering and player bashing that goes on here and all that do that should also be ashamed. I am not saying that we sugar coat everything, but it would be nice to see constructive criticism so that maybe the players can improve, not shrink back into the dugout and hide from the fans and media. There are ways to effect your desires without destroying the product. Of course there are some that come here in the hopes that they can do just that. If you are not one of them then maybe you need to rethink your strategy.
    Posted by taz1956

Taz,

You remind me of Dad, mine not Bill's, when you speak of Boomer.  He was Dad's favorite back in the day.  Couldn't understand why the Sox traded him.  I agree with you 100% about the entitlement issue with some fans. Irks me. Isn't that one reason we dislike the Jangees fans so much? Even now, flags in my town mark the "27" crowns ... I support the right of a fan to support his team but as SUPPORT. I completely agree with the emboldened and underlined. 
       For the heck of it, I was firtunate enough to start a few years before you as the addiction of being a Sox fan but your pedigree is well marked.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

This is the pat on the back thread...hey, it's all good.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

this is a fantastic thread. i've never understood why posters on this forum (and fans in general) are so negative about "their team". I mean, there has been players i have disliked (nancy Drew, julio lugo and most recently nick punto) but i never rooted for them to play poorly so i can say "told ya so". its sickening how some "fans" act toward players on their team. but you can bet your last dollar that if that same player was a post season hero they would be talking about them like it was the second coming of christ. (except hank, say what you will but the man is adament)

mind boggling.

keep up the positivity boys!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

The OP is a heavy dose of realism about our financial situation and the lack of quality pitching out there to trade for. The posters who keep thinking that $$$ is no issue and pitching is available probably didn't take the time to read it. SinceYaz has great threads / OPs but unfortunately such threads go to page #3 in several hours - never to be seen again. Meanwhile drivel by CC, ADG, Bill, MrYazz, and others will continue to monopolize the front page.  The forum #1 problem is not bumping but is the fact that ninety percent of threads are infantile and stupid.
    Posted by Calzone65

this is one of the best posts ive read out of you pike. you didn't call one person a troll. good for you buddy

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

jesus, it is one of his best posts...wow.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

The OP is a heavy dose of realism about our financial situation and the lack of quality pitching out there to trade for. The posters who keep thinking that $$$ is no issue and pitching is available probably didn't take the time to read it. SinceYaz has great threads / OPs but unfortunately such threads go to page #3 in several hours - never to be seen again. Meanwhile drivel by CC, ADG, Bill, MrYazz, and others will continue to monopolize the front page.  The forum #1 problem is not bumping but is the fact that ninety percent of threads are infantile and stupid.
    Posted by Calzone65
    Good post pike.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

This is the pat on the back thread...hey, it's all good.
    Posted by dannycater

Danny,

Not patting on the back, but asking significant questions of those who throw the baby out with the Dirty Water ...

If I admitted that my patience was worn thin, how is it saying all is well?

If I ask how we were gonna upgrade our starting rotation when none of the leading candidates are worth the investment, want to come to Boston or are injured, how is that saying all is well?  We may as well ask Dr. Frankenstien to revitalize Bob Gibson or Cy Young or Christy Mathewson....  Unreal is unreal.

Today the morning after two more losses and it's not fun sitting here knowing that each loss hurts our chance all the more.   But I refuse to be a Brutus and help stab my team in the back.  For all his faults, Julius Caesar was the returning conqueror ... for all the faults of this ownership has given us something no one else in almost a century has. 

Sections
Shortcuts