ONLY 10 AWAY FROM PASSING DIMAGGIO, COULD PEDY DO IT?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

Re: ONLY 33 AWAY FROM PASSING DIMAGGIO, COULD PEDY DO IT?

It is of course way too early to consider it a real possiblity.  But the schedule has them facing the yanks on games 55,56,57.  That would be interesting.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

If he got a hit in game 55 and they walked him 4 times in game 56 that would achieve a new low (lower than losing after leading the ALCS 3-0, lower even than Alice slapping Bronson.)  I hope they do it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

In Response to Re: ONLY 33 AWAY FROM PASSING DIMAGGIO, COULD PEDY DO IT?:
    [QUOTE]It is of course way too early to consider it a real possiblity.  But the schedule has them facing the yanks on games 55,56,57.  That would be interesting.
    Posted by greenwellforpresident[/QUOTE]
    i would be shocked if Pedey or anyone for that matter approaches 56 games...lets face it, if Pedey does exactly what he has done so far, again... which is an incredilble feat...he would still be 8 games short. That said....playing the Yankees in games 55, 56, and 57 would be unbelievably dramatic....and would be wall to wall TV coverage.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

if anyone can do it, it's pedey, but he's not even half-way there, so

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

ONLY 33 more games? You're kidding, right?
    If someone like Ichiro, Boggs or Carew didn't come close, neither will
    Pedroia.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]ONLY 33 more games? You're kidding, right? If someone like Ichiro, Boggs or Carew didn't come close, neither will Pedroia.
    Posted by tbrod[/QUOTE]ALL RECORDS R MADE TO BE BROKEN. I SAY A RIGHTIE IS MOST LIKELY TO BREAK IT. ITS ATTITUDE. PEDY HAS THAT WHO GIVES A CRAPP ATTITUDE, TITO SAYS HE TALKS ABOUT IT ALL THE TIME, NO SUPERSTITIOUS STUFF AND WONT PUT EXTRA PRESSURE ON HIMSELF. IN LATER INNINGS SINCE MOST RELIEVERS ARE RIGHTIES, NO WAY THEY WANT TO FACE GONZO over pedy so he will get pitched to. how many intentional walks has he had? i bet ZERO! if joey d could do it so could a pedy. just keep going on a roll, momentum takes care of itself. my only fear is the yanks wont want to pitch to him as he gets closer. no other team has reason not to pitch to him, fastball after fastball or knowing the skankees, hit him 3 out of the 5 times they dont walk him. not likely but its very possible pedy breaks it! 1st belief then attitude then chance of results!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]It would be impressive.  But not as impressive as setting the consecutive game hit record AND sharing a bed with Marilyn Monroe ... though it would be illegal, grossly hideous and downright horrific if Pedey were to do that now.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]
    well knowing pedy and some of the genes in his family..... dont be so quick to rule it out. sicker things have happened, lets just leave it at that

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

I feel like 40 is the threshold for breaking Joey D's record. 

Talk to me in 2 weeks. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from -TheBabe-------------------. Show -TheBabe-------------------'s posts

Re: ONLY 23 AWAY FROM DIMAGGIO, COULD PEDY DO IT?

In Response to Re: ONLY 23 AWAY FROM DIMAGGIO, COULD PEDY DO IT?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ONLY 23 AWAY FROM DIMAGGIO, COULD PEDY DO IT? : When he gets done figuring out how many times he's been banned recently, which should take a while.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Not quite azz hat. Internet was down most of the day.

And you clowns are getting a little excited about the hobbit. Nice run but he's not even halfway there. But I guess I shouldn't really expect anytrhing more from a bunch of pink hats who didn't even know what baseball was before 2004.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ONLY 33 AWAY FROM PASSING DIMAGGIO, COULD PEDY DO IT? : thanks for that Max! I appreciate it. so if I read you right, your MOS was English teacher then???? lol..
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

Artillery.  Everyone else was armor and one still is. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ONLY 33 AWAY FROM PASSING DIMAGGIO, COULD PEDY DO IT? : ALL RECORDS R MADE TO BE BROKEN. I SAY A RIGHTIE IS MOST LIKELY TO BREAK IT. ITS ATTITUDE. PEDY HAS THAT WHO GIVES A CRAPP ATTITUDE, TITO SAYS HE TALKS ABOUT IT ALL THE TIME, NO SUPERSTITIOUS STUFF AND WONT PUT EXTRA PRESSURE ON HIMSELF. IN LATER INNINGS SINCE MOST RELIEVERS ARE RIGHTIES, NO WAY THEY WANT TO FACE GONZO over pedy so he will get pitched to. how many intentional walks has he had? i bet ZERO! if joey d could do it so could a pedy. just keep going on a roll, momentum takes care of itself. my only fear is the yanks wont want to pitch to him as he gets closer. no other team has reason not to pitch to him, fastball after fastball or knowing the skankees, hit him 3 out of the 5 times they dont walk him. not likely but its very possible pedy breaks it! 1st belief then attitude then chance of results!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE] and do you have a plan B conspiracy in place if they are not playing the Yanks?...Tongue outWink

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Ridiculous to even be discussing this right now. C'Mon Man.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

Re: ONLY 32 AWAY FROM PASSING DIMAGGIO, COULD PEDY DO IT?

In Response to ONLY 32 AWAY FROM PASSING DIMAGGIO, COULD PEDY DO IT?:
    [QUOTE]with that  attitude and moxie and overdosing on fastballs because of gonzo, i think he has a shot. if anyone could right now in baseball, pedy is the best positioned. 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

No.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: ONLY 10 AWAY FROM PASSING DIMAGGIO, COULD PEDY DO IT?

dom dimaggio is the all-time leader at 34. here's the link of all the leaders by position! ruth had 20 while pitching in 5 of them.. wow!  cant believe ortiz hasnt had a 20 game hit streak yet. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=96471bbfcbf361f7cc5aca6e98427d37&plckUserId=96471bbfcbf361f7cc5aca6e98427d37">
    First: 6/8/2010
    Last: 7/29/2011
    In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion%3a1135982f-8f4e-45ce-9ce1-4591aff4ddbc&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion:1135982f-8f4e-45ce-9ce1-4591aff4ddbcPost:a1d2dc65-0e9c-4584-aa86-c81007efc557">Re: ONLY 33 AWAY FROM PASSING DIMAGGIO, COULD PEDY DO IT?:
    In Response to Re: ONLY 33 AWAY FROM PASSING DIMAGGIO, COULD PEDY DO IT? : thanks for that Max! I appreciate it. so if I read you right, your MOS was English teacher then???? lol..
    Posted by Hammah29r2

Artillery.  Everyone else was armor and one still is. 

cool! how's your hearing? mine's not so wonderful...lol....it's tuff to get old man!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

he'll tie Dom, then bow out on Joe...Tongue out

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In Response to Re: ONLY 10 AWAY FROM PASSING DIMAGGIO, COULD PEDY DO IT?:
    [QUOTE]www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=96471bbfcbf361f7cc5aca6e98427d37&plckUserId=96471bbfcbf361f7cc5aca6e98427d37 " /> www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=96471bbfcbf361f7cc5aca6e98427d37&plckUserId=96471bbfcbf361f7cc5aca6e98427d37 " target="_parent"> maxbialystock Posts: 1765 First: 6/8/2010 Last: 7/29/2011 In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion%3a1135982f-8f4e-45ce-9ce1-4591aff4ddbc&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion:1135982f-8f4e-45ce-9ce1-4591aff4ddbcPost:a1d2dc65-0e9c-4584-aa86-c81007efc557 "> Re: ONLY 33 AWAY FROM PASSING DIMAGGIO, COULD PEDY DO IT? : In Response to Re: ONLY 33 AWAY FROM PASSING DIMAGGIO, COULD PEDY DO IT? : thanks for that Max! I appreciate it. so if I read you right, your MOS was English teacher then???? lol.. Posted by Hammah29r2 Artillery.  Everyone else was armor and one still is.  cool! how's your hearing? mine's not so wonderful...lol....it's tuff to get old man!
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]''

I've worn hearing aids in both ears since 1973, mostly because of a single day of firing a lot (2800 rounds) of 105mm charge 6.  Consequently, I'm loud. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Nice change in the thread title.  You know, I always thought Dom was a better name.  But they wrote a song about Joe. 

I think most people will agree that a .400 hitter is more likely than breaking the 56 game record.  That said, Williams should have been the mvp that year. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

09 August 1949 – On this day 58 years ago, Red Sox outfielder Dom DiMaggio’s franchise-record 34-game hitting streak comes to an end as he goes 0-for-5 at the plate against Yankee hurler Vic Raschi, but Boston still wins the game 6-3 in front of more than 35,000 fans at Fenway Park behind eventual 23-game-winner Ellis Kinder. With one last chance to extend the streak in the bottom of the eighth inning, Dom’s line drive to center field is caught on the shoestrings by his own brother, Joe DiMaggio, who today still holds the major league record for the longest consecutive-game hitting streak at 56.

Known to teammates as “The Little Professor,” the five-foot-nine bespectacled outfielder looked more like he belonged in front of a classroom than on a baseball diamond, yet he was perhaps one of the best to play the outfield for Boston. Seven times, DiMaggio was named to the All-Star game during his 11 seasons in Boston, sandwiched around three years of service with the Coast Guard during the second World War. DiMaggio would also hit in 27 straight games in 1951 and, used primarily as a leadoff hitter, scored 100 or more runs seven times. Though his numbers were not enough to earn consideration for Hall of Fame induction, he was part of the original class of former players inducted into the Red Sox Hall of Fame in 1995.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Re: ONLY 23 AWAY FROM DIMAGGIO, COULD PEDY DO IT?

In Response to Re: ONLY 23 AWAY FROM DIMAGGIO, COULD PEDY DO IT?:
    [QUOTE]Ummm... math check?
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

Not sure, but I think he meant Dom, not Joe.  Dom has the RS record (I think 33 or 34 games or so).  Then again, CC can be all over the map on stuff so I've got no idea really which Dimaggio to which he was referring.