Oo-ee-hara!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Re: Oo-ee-hara!

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

Just wondering if anyone knows what the record is for consecutive scoreless inning by a relief pitcher. Oo-ee-hara hasn't allowed a run in 31.1 inning. That is if there is such a record kept besides the MLB record held by Orel Hershiser of the Dodgers. 

Hetch

According to MLB TV Bobby Jenks of the white sox went 42 innings without allowing a run.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I'm to the point where I get shocked when he throws a ball. I love how quickly he works and how efficient he is. I get concerned sometimes that he's  pitching too  many innings, but then I remind myself he averages probably 15 pitches an outing.

Over the long haul, of course,  there's no comparison. But for the present, he's vintage Mo.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gibsonsg. Show gibsonsg's posts

37 straight batters, and still counting...

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

I don't get why they had him pitch tonight but that last out - the strikeout - perfectly illustrated why  Uehara and this team have had an amazing season. Magic in the air.

Burrito, 

Probably because the dreaded Yankees have come back on us before and Uehara seems like a lock on victory once he's in. I hate to think he's being over used but I do see your point, but lets enjoy the ride while it lasts. Although we've had some great closers with the Sox before I can't remember anyone as good since my days of watching Dick (the Monster) Radatz.

Hetch 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

Just wondering if anyone knows what the record is for consecutive scoreless inning by a relief pitcher. Oo-ee-hara hasn't allowed a run in 31.1 inning. That is if there is such a record kept besides the MLB record held by Orel Hershiser of the Dodgers. 

Hetch

According to MLB TV Bobby Jenks of the white sox went 42 innings without allowing a run.

I found that online but is that the record for MLB relievers only. Or does MLB keep such records for relievers only. 

Hetch

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrickford. Show patrickford's posts

The beauty of what Koji Uehara is doing is his ball and strike counts. Game after game it's ridiculous things like one ball and eight, nine, ten, and even eleven stikes. He's so efficient his number of apperances would not seem to be an issue. How much stress do eight pitch innings put on an arm? 
    The beauty of the fist game against the Yankees the other night was Tazawa came out in Koji mode and threw an eleven strike one ball inning. 
    It's a baseball adge to throw strikes or as they now say "pound the zone."  More pitchers ought to try it. It puts tremendous pressure on the hitters when they know every single pitch is going to be a strike. They almost have to swing at the first pitch, because either way it's a strike, and the second pitch is going to be a strike too. And so is the third, and the fourth. There is no "working the count" because there is no count to work. It's strike after strike. 

After watching Lester today I'm wondering if he's got the idea now. Doubrant might want to try it. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

I had a dream.  That one day the Red Sox would find a closer who almost always threw strikes.

I had a dream.  That one day he would close game after game with nary a baserunner.  

I had a dream.  That Japanese players would be slapping high fives with Dominican players, Venezuelan players, Aruban players, and white, long-bearded players, all donning Red Sox uniforms.

I had a dream...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrickford. Show patrickford's posts

I had a dream Lester is going to grow a huge idiotic looking beard and roll through the post season. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

I had a dream.  That one day the Red Sox would find a closer who almost always threw strikes.

I had a dream.  That one day he would close game after game with nary a baserunner.  

I had a dream.  That Japanese players would be slapping high fives with Dominican players, Venezuelan players, Aruban players, and white, long-bearded players, all donning Red Sox uniforms.

I had a dream...

+10000

Sections
Shortcuts