Oops! YANKS LOSE (to Oakland)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Re: Oops! YANKS LOSE (to Oakland)

In Response to Re: Oops! YANKS LOSE (to Oakland):
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oops! YANKS LOSE (to Oakland) : But it's ok for you to try and police the board?
    Posted by -The--Babe----------[/QUOTE]

Of course. I want and prefer Red Sox fans to be homers and fanatical about their team on their board since that is the purpose of a Red Sox forum. A Red Sox forum should be flooded with praise, appreciation, affection, knowledge, and loyalty about the Red Sox. It can and should be homerish, partial, fanatical, and ultra-loyal. That should be expected and normal and we should not be embarassed by it. Think of it as a party in your house consisting of only your friends and relatives. Did the Hatfields invite the McCoys to such parties? No, they policed the party since it was their party.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The--Babe----------. Show -The--Babe----------'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oops! YANKS LOSE (to Oakland) : Of course. I want and prefer Red Sox fans to be homers and fanatical about their team on their board since that is the purpose of a Red Sox forum. A Red Sox forum should be flooded with praise, appreciation, affection, knowledge, and loyalty about the Red Sox. It can and should be homerish, partial, fanatical, and ultra-loyal. That should be expected and normal and we should not be embarassed by it. Think of it as a party in your house consisting of only your friends and relatives. Did the Hatfields invite the McCoys to such parties? No, they policed the party since it was their party.
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

But who died and left you boss? Last I checked this isn't whatpikewants.com

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oops! YANKS LOSE (to Oakland) : A valid point. Except I never saw this perpetual stupdity on a Yankee board, the few times I was there. I'd rather read Softy, at least he's intelligent, and funny, if not stubborn about his misconceptions. 
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

you should look harder.  just went to a yankees website board and thread titles I saw on the first page included:

"MARINERS BEAT THE SOX"

Heres another one bashing King Felix for giving up 6 runs

along with others that I found interesting, some somewhat unrelated. 

"lets head over to the Roid Sox board."
    "chances Sox Lose tonight?"

It's actually funny how similiar are fun bases are.

We both have our intelligent fans, we both have a juvenile's, we both have are mindless idiots who know nothing outside our teams.  we both have opposing teams fans that come in peace to debate and talk baseball, and we both have our trolls.

This post right here looked very familiar to the whose better Bard vs. Robertson thread on here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oops! YANKS LOSE (to Oakland) : A valid point. Except I never saw this perpetual stupdity on a Yankee board, the few times I was there. I'd rather read Softy, at least he's intelligent, and funny, if not stubborn about his misconceptions. 

nhsteven:  first of all - I appreciate your posts/insights (even though you're a Yanks fan - LOL :)).  However, I have an issue with this post.  Firstly, you're on a Sox site.  Secondly, although I never visited one, I'm sure there are dumb posters and comments on Yank sites.  Thirdly, I can't tell you how many times after a Sox lost, a Yankee troll comes on here guns a'blazin.  Lastly, if you'd "rather read Softie" perhaps you two could start your own site (and really, doesn't bespeak well of your "intelligence" and "humor."  At the end of the day (and I'm sure many will point this out) - if, as a Yank fan, you can't handle ribbing on a Sox board, perhaps you should refrain from coming here in the first place.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oops! YANKS LOSE (to Oakland) : But who died and left you boss? Last I checked this isn't whatpikewants.com

It isn't whatpikewants.com but it is a RED SOX FORUM on the BOSTON GLOBE. Apparently you didn't read the sign on the door before you entered. If you are Jewish, would you desire to attend a Roman Catholic mass this morning. You are the one who is out of place and has no right at all to police this forum or to correct Red Sox fans on anything that they have to say about their team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The--Babe----------. Show -The--Babe----------'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oops! YANKS LOSE (to Oakland) : It isn't whatpikewants.com but it is a RED SOX FORUM on the BOSTON GLOBE. Apparently you didn't read the sign on the door before you entered. If you are Jewish, would you desire to attend a Roman Catholic mass this morning. You are the one who is out of place and has no right at all to police this forum or to correct Red Sox fans on anything that they have to say about their team.

Wrong again, pike. As much as I know it pains you, I have just as much "right" to be here as you do. The "sign" on the door doesn't say "red flops fans only".

Get a clue.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

hey all, don't you guys(and gals) think this is a bit much?.. all this over a Yankee loss?...the intent of the OP is obvious, but c'mon...it's just sports...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I'm afraid Babe is right here.  He does have a right to be here.  Although Boston.com does reserve the right to review it's threads and delete posts and ban members, but anyone can sign up and come in.   We all just have to learn to live with it, I'm sure some people love the trolls and the Yankee trolls and the yankee fans that come in here.  To some they are our anti-hero, our antagonist, the Darth Vader to our Luke skywalker the Megatron to our Optimus prime if you will...they make it interesting. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oops! YANKS LOSE (to Oakland) : Kim was up all night arguing too.  It's also interesting that you and Kim are two of the only posters whose comments are hidden on their home pages.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

My mother has Stage 4 breast cancer. There's nothing they can do for her. I was told a year ago that she had a year and a half to two years to live. She doesn't like hospitals and/or medical personnel (i.e. nurses, etc.), so I decided to take care of her myself. I have the luxury of doing that, and my heart goes out to anyone in a similar circumstance who does not.

My hours are her hours. I've adjusted my time schedule to be whatever she needs it to be, and will continue to do that. She's in good shape, she doesn't have any pain (unbelievable), but she does tire very easily.

I don't want a bunch of posts talking about this. I can't really deal with that right now, to be honest, and I don't want to. I'm just posting this in response to the fact that I was "up all night arguing". Makes me sound like an animal, which given the poster, could have been the purpose of the comment. FTR, I would have been up all night regardless.

And my posts being hidden has been addressed on this board on many occasions now (I don't believe you missed all of them). I recently put them on "private" because posters were quoting private messages from posters to me, and encouraging people to read messages sent to me from other posters.  It had nothing to do with my board posts, which, for whatever reason, are not separate. 

Hope that clears it up for you. Maybe you can clear up the fact as to why you won't put me on ignore even though I've told you to do so many times now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The--Babe----------. Show -The--Babe----------'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oops! YANKS LOSE (to Oakland) : My mother has Stage 4 breast cancer. There's nothing they can do for her. I was told a year ago that she had a year and a half to two years to live. She doesn't like hospitals and/or medical personnel (i.e. nurses, etc.), so I decided to take care of her myself. I have the luxury of doing that, and my heart goes out to anyone in a similar circumstance who does not. My hours are her hours. I've adjusted my time schedule to be whatever she needs it to be, and will continue to do that. She's in good shape, she doesn't have any pain (unbelievable), but she does tire very easily. I don't want a bunch of posts talking about this. I can't really deal with that right now, to be honest, and I don't want to. I'm just posting this in response to the fact that I was "up all night arguing". Makes me sound like an animal, which given the poster, could have been the purpose of the comment. FTR, I would have been up all night regardless. And my posts being hidden has been addressed on this board on many occasions now (I don't believe you missed all of them). I recently put them on "private" because posters were quoting private messages from posters to me, and encouraging people to read messages sent to me from other posters.  It had nothing to do with my board posts, which, for whatever reason, are not separate.  Hope that clears it up for you. Maybe you can clear up the fact as to why you won't put me on ignore even though I've told you to do so many times now.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Hey kim, I know you and I don't get along but sorry to hear about your mom. My mom battled Stage 2 a few years back and now is cancer free. It was definitely a tough time for all in my family. I hope for the best for your mom.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oops! YANKS LOSE (to Oakland) : LOL....you would know a thing or two about lying. How's that "I'm not going to post here anymore" working out?

Your definition of a liar is skewed; just like everything else in your pathetic existence.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Why is a New Hampshire poster up all night argueing for. I know that Harness does that but he lives out on the west coast. Softlaw who is supposedly from North Carolina also has all night insomnia also quite often. Kim is right in saying that Red Sox fans need not apologize for acting like Boston fans on a Boston forum. Yankee fans have no justification in policing this forum in a crusade to make Sox fans honest, realistic, or impartial. I would never have the nerve to go to a Yankee forum and whitewash their homers. What Steve can't / won't answer is why he is happier here than on a Yankee forum. We know that Babe comes here troll but why does Steve come here? Does he feel that he is a member of a fraternity?

Yes, it's the fraternity of martial arts convicts living in NH.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The--Babe----------. Show -The--Babe----------'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oops! YANKS LOSE (to Oakland) : Your definition of a liar is skewed; just like evrything else in your pathetic existence.

Not skewed at all. A liar is someone who says one thing and does another. Therefore, you are a liar. And I called you on it as soon as you claimed you wouldn't post here any more. You should have said you wouldn't post here any more....or any less.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

"Hey kim, I know you and I don't get along but sorry to hear about your mom. My mom battled Stage 2 a few years back and now is cancer free. It was definitely a tough time for all in my family. I hope for the best for your mom."

Babe, you are part of the reason she posted this in the first place. 

Now you're trying to call "time out"?

Nope, you're still an *** clown.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oops! YANKS LOSE (to Oakland) : you should look harder.  just went to a yankees website board and thread titles I saw on the first page included: "MARINERS BEAT THE SOX" http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=ml-yankees&tid=476863 Heres another one bashing King Felix for giving up 6 runs http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=ml-yankees&tid=476791 along with others that I found interesting, some somewhat unrelated.  "lets head over to the Roid Sox board." "chances Sox Lose tonight?" It's actually funny how similiar are fun bases are. We both have our intelligent fans, we both have a juvenile's, we both have are mindless idiots who know nothing outside our teams.  we both have opposing teams fans that come in peace to debate and talk baseball, and we both have our trolls. This post right here looked very familiar to the whose better Bard vs. Robertson thread on here. http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=ml-yankees&tid=476732
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected. That goes for you too, gr82beme.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The--Babe----------. Show -The--Babe----------'s posts

[QUOTE]"Hey kim, I know you and I don't get along but sorry to hear about your mom. My mom battled Stage 2 a few years back and now is cancer free. It was definitely a tough time for all in my family. I hope for the best for your mom." Babe, you are part of the reason she posted this in the first place.  Now you're trying to call "time out"? Nope, you're still an *** clown.
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

LOL...her post was about nhstephanie and not me. And I'm not calling a timeout, I don't like kim but that doesn't mean that I wish bad things for her or her family. Her baseball team maybe, but not her family.

You're still an a--hole and always will be.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]I'll add, you just edited your post (desperate perhaps?) to include names of posters here that you say admire your posts. I'm not a fan of posters who edit posts after other posters respond to them without any indication that a post has been edited. It's not the post that I quoted when I responded.  This is the new revamped paragraph. No telling what else will be edited by the time I see this thread again: Also; I've been here WAYY before you, lived in the Boston Area for 20 yrs; subscribed to the Globe, which is how I found this board, and now it's a creature of habit for me . And I am good poster friends with many RS fans here; harness, SYaz, J-Bay, Promise, 5katz, sox571, carnie, boomer, hammah, playball, moon, MikeNagy, yoshimi, RSKimmi, others I can't recall, and I manage to even get along some with softy ... these guys flatter me with what they say is my baseball knowledge ..... wait a minute ... you don't get along with many RS fans either. So, they're all your fans. Good for you. Most of them I'm sure you enjoy as well on the Yankee sideboard. Maybe they can help you find the quotes you were referring to in your post.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

No, I just decided to add a few more names to the list of posters I forgot after the fact, and trying to globalize that is desperate, which you've tried before. However, I can't tweak your posts; they're there for the world to see.

On a completely unrelated and far more important note (and not one that you'll want to hear from me, I'm sure),  I'm saddened about the news regarding your Mother. Here's hoping there's hope (DRs have been wrong before), and wishing that she's as comfortable as possible.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Babe, did it occur to you that she doesn't want to hear anything you have to say?

Your posts are usually just rambles from a troll; they're disingenuious and generally hostile.  Why would she suddenly come to her senses and appreciate something like that?  You're just trying to troll more.  If you were a poster who actually roots for your team without being a *****, then people could deal with it. 

What you wrote to her seems to be more of the same: A lie.  And considering the subject matter, I don't know why you would do that to someone.  That suc*s.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/24/sports/baseball/kei-igawa-the-lost-yankee.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The--Babe----------. Show -The--Babe----------'s posts

[QUOTE]Babe, did it occur to you that she doesn't want to hear anything you have to say? Your posts are usually just rambles from a troll; they're disingenuious and generally hostile.  Why would she suddenly come to her senses and appreciate something like that?  You're just trying to troll more.  If you were a poster who actually roots for your team without being a *****, then people could deal with it.  What you wrote to her seems to be more of the same: A lie.  And considering the subject matter, I don't know why you would do that to someone.  That suc*s.
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

LOL.....when your opinion matters to me I'll get back to you.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

hey  Kim, in respect to your wishes, i'll just say God Bless you  both...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

Somebody please send some Midol to NH before the Yanks lose another game.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

I agree with Hugh, Yankees fans have just as much right to be here as Red Sox fans.  I don't have any problem with them.

And can you really blame them for wanting to be here?  I mean, who would you rather spend time with, cool, knowledgeable, funny, and all around great Red Sox fans or a bunch of Yankee fans?   ; - )

That said, it is a Red Sox forum, so they shouldn't be surprised when we cheer and delight in any Yankees loss.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The--Babe----------. Show -The--Babe----------'s posts

[QUOTE]I agree with Hugh, Yankees fans have just as much right to be here as Red Sox fans.  I don't have any problem with them. And can you really blame them for wanting to be here?  I mean, who would you rather spend time with, cool, knowledgeable, funny, and all around great Red Sox fans or a bunch of Yankee fans?   ; - ) That said, it is a Red Sox forum, so they shouldn't be surprised when we cheer and delight in any Yankees loss.
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi[/QUOTE]

Can you please let me know when they show up because I certainly haven't run into any on this site other than space, yoshi and zilla.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]I agree with Hugh, Yankees fans have just as much right to be here as Red Sox fans.  I don't have any problem with them. And can you really blame them for wanting to be here?  I mean, who would you rather spend time with, cool, knowledgeable, funny, and all around great Red Sox fans or a bunch of Yankee fans?   ; - ) That said, it is a Red Sox forum, so they shouldn't be surprised when we cheer and delight in any Yankees loss.
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi[/QUOTE] oh great, more ROOT propaganda :-)....Hi Kimmi...

Sections
Shortcuts