Open letter to Red Sox: On the front burner participants

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fir.eballer58. Show fir.eballer58's posts

Open letter to Red Sox: On the front burner participants

I have recently posted "beat writer", Peter Abrahams "columns" which were critical of the Sox. I hope Mr. Abraham will admit he was wrong when the Sox make it to the World Series.
     I would like to know if you truly believe that this team doesn't have the true strength and internal fortitude of a champion? Can you tell me that messrs. Pedroia/Ortiz/Papelbon/Beckett/Youkilis/Ellsbury/Varitek/Lester/Gonzalez would ever quit?
    This team will battle to the end. It's made up of quality, hard nosed baseball players whose main purpose since the season started was to bring home another championship. And I truly believe they will.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Re: Open letter to Red Sox: On the front burner participants

Rumors of Red Sox death are greatly exagerated. However, your hyperbole about the effort of enumerated union hands is not.

Team is talented and very much still a contender. However, a new management team is needed. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mantazz. Show Mantazz's posts

Abraham writes little or no valuable stuff.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

I respect your positivity, however I do not share that with you.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

where is the fortitude right now?? they are playing brutal right now

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

I have recently posted "beat writer", Peter Abrahams "columns" which were critical of the Sox.

OMG PA is soooooooooo FOS

the nerve,

HOW COULD HE

how could anyone be critical of the way

the sox or yanks have been playing lately

the way this OP keeps shooting the messenger named PA

( at least 1 thread a week)

and coming up with little to no support

I wonder is he a secret huge PA fan

or just a tad slow

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In Response to Open letter to Red Sox: On the front burner participants:
    I have recently posted "beat writer", Peter Abrahams "columns" which were critical of the Sox. I hope Mr. Abraham will admit he was wrong when the Sox make it to the World Series.  I would like to know if you truly believe that this team doesn't have the true strength and internal fortitude of a champion? Can you tell me that messrs. Pedroia/Ortiz/Papelbon/Beckett/Youkilis/Ellsbury/Varitek/Lester/Gonzalez would ever quit? This team will battle to the end. It's made up of quality, hard nosed baseball players whose main purpose since the season started was to bring home another championship. And I truly believe they will.
    Posted by fir.eballer58

firestarter, everything Abraham writes, everything Curly writes, Edes from espnboston, Ryan, everyone....all of it is about trying to cater (he-he) to the masses--regular Sox Nation. There's no conspiracy, or anything that someone on this board hasn't either already analyzed, brought up, or gave reasonable thought about. In fact, it's old news every time one of the Globe writers/bloggers write something that we talked about 2 or 3 days prior to seeing it in print. When a team goes into a massive team slump in September and the once-vaunted starting staff is ultimately down to 2 true top guys--Lester-Beckett--and your 3rd baseman is Lowell-esque in his injuries, and your LF is a glorified platoon player, and your starting catcher is falling apart due to over-use---well you're going to see a lot of stories about the team losing it. The team might be a playoff team, and frankly, might not be.

I went on record a long time ago, and said I didn't think the Sox would make the playoffs because of the 2-10 start, taking into account that the team could fall into a similar malaise late in the season and that's exactly what has happened. If the team loses out on a playoff spot, remember that 2-10 start, it may have been what killed them in the long run. Still, the team can make it, and has control over its destiny. I see nothing wrong with doom-sayer talk, and even the talk that there is a lethargy on the team (maybe there is). Tito's managing went from to me AL Manager of the Year to odd-strange-Jimyball of late, but then the injuries have taken a toll, and Tito is following a Bill James Chart of Rules along with Theo regarding who to play and when to play them and when to pull them.

As for Abraham, what he is writing isn't anything different than what is regularly talked about on this chatboard. Remember that Lester was being thrown under a bus and Pedroia just a week ago--and that's a Cy Young type guy and a past MVP. Everyone is upset with what is going on, and they have a right to be upset. It's called being a caring fan.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Peter Abraham gets his ammunition from combining all of the whining and negativism from this forum. Don't let Fireballer fool you, he and Edith Bunker are Peter Abraham.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JAR59. Show JAR59's posts

Two words:  Starting pitching.

That is the unfortunate reality.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Like the optimism, but this just ain't their season.  We saw this coming a while back.  At this point, the Orioles stand to rough up this team as much as TB did.

They're finishing the season worse than it began, and that is saying something.  I think that even if they miraculously hang on to the WC, it's over in the first round.  They don't have the pitching and right now, there's something seriously wrong with this offense.

But for what it's worth, I just don't see the WS coming from an AL East team.  Probably not even from an AL team at all.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from VtRedSoxFan802. Show VtRedSoxFan802's posts

In Response to Re: Open letter to Red Sox: On the front burner participants:
    Rumors of Red Sox death are greatly exagerated. However, your hyperbole about the effort of enumerated union hands is not. Team is talented and very much still a contender. However, a new management team is needed. 
    Posted by 1958lesspaul

well said...it is "exaggerated" though 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

In Response to Open letter to Red Sox: On the front burner participants:
    I have recently posted "beat writer", Peter Abrahams "columns" which were critical of the Sox. I hope Mr. Abraham will admit he was wrong when the Sox make it to the World Series.  I would like to know if you truly believe that this team doesn't have the true strength and internal fortitude of a champion? Can you tell me that messrs. Pedroia/Ortiz/Papelbon/Beckett/Youkilis/Ellsbury/Varitek/Lester/Gonzalez would ever quit? This team will battle to the end. It's made up of quality, hard nosed baseball players whose main purpose since the season started was to bring home another championship. And I truly believe they will.
    Posted by fir.eballer58

You know, I may actually buy into your points IF this team actually showed just a bit of brains, heart and drive. Right now, they cannot even run out ground ball outs to to the infield!!!!!!!!! Still love the Sox, just not this version of them!

Sections
Shortcuts