open note to john henry and larry on sox uniforms

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxyjim. Show soxyjim's posts

open note to john henry and larry on sox uniforms

the redsox should wear their red sox out on their uniforms after all the name is
    the boston red sox.all players should be made to wear the uniform like this.
    these lang pants suck they look like milk men for cripes sake.the redsox would
    look real classy. thanks all sox fans.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Re: open note to john henry and larry on sox uniforms

The short pants look stupid.  Long pants are the best.  Why do so few players wear the pants short?  Because they hate the look.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

regarding SOX uniforms:
    they shouldn't be worn by DREW or SLACKEY.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Modano09. Show Modano09's posts

Go back to the pre-2009 road uniforms. Put the hanging Sox patch on the arm. Keep the hanging Sox hat as an alternate, keep the red and blue alternate uniforms.

That's all I want. I don't like the current road uniform at all.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I remember being in Babe Ruth league and picking out the longer pants because I absolutely hated wearing those pants to just below my knees and tight as all get out...I got the bigger ones and had my Mom sew them to fit me..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

The Boston Red Sox home whites, with or without sox showing are without question the greatest uniform in all of sports.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I demand they ALL wear their stirrups on the outside.  Looks better and is more respectful to the game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: open note to john henry and larry on sox uniforms:
    The Boston Red Sox home whites, with or without sox showing are without question the greatest uniform in all of sports.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor

Agreed Sindarin.

But to the OP, NO DOUBT.  Stirrups were murdered sometime in the late nineties and baseball hasnt been the same since.  When the Sox wore those 1918 throwbacks, Papi had his red stockings showing to just below the knees.  looked awesome.  classy.  And funny in a Babe Ruth kinda way.  BRING BACK THE REVEALED STIRRUPS!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I think they wore short pants because it's easier to get cleats caught in long pants.

Stirrups went the way of the small, tight shorts in basketball.  I like the exposed red stocking with the short pants.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from xcaliber. Show xcaliber's posts

I agee with Jim. Go with the look that began the game Sox out. Tek wore his that way forever. Now he wears the long pants and I wish I knew why.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ---The--Babe----. Show ---The--Babe----'s posts

Which uniforms are you talking about as the sawx have too many, just so members of the red flops nation have to keep buying more and more jerseys. Cheap marketing ploy.

Not like the Yanks, just home Pinstripes and road grays. That's tradition my friends.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Which uniforms are you talking about as the sawx have too many, just so members of the red flops nation have to keep buying more and more jerseys. Cheap marketing ploy. Not like the Yanks, just home Pinstripes and road grays. That's tradition my friends.
    Posted by ---The--Babe----

Very true babe.  Sox are always gimmicking up the unis.  I like the 1918 throwbacks just for nostalgia, but I could do without the greens, the reds, the what-have-yous.  The home whites are total class. No need to monkey with that if you ask me.  I've always seen the sox in the whites at fenway and i am glad.  i love the gleam.  I would be dissapointed not to see that.  Yankees pinstripes are the standard.  The brass would be remiss if they ever monkeyed with that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ---The--Babe----. Show ---The--Babe----'s posts

In Response to Re: open note to john henry and larry on sox uniforms : Very true babe.  Sox are always gimmicking up the unis.  I like the 1918 throwbacks just for nostalgia, but I could do without the greens, the reds, the what-have-yous.  The home whites are total class. No need to monkey with that if you ask me.  I've always seen the sox in the whites at fenway and i am glad.  i love the gleam.  I would be dissapointed not to see that.  Yankees pinstripes are the standard.  The brass would be remiss if they ever monkeyed with that.

Posted by SpacemanEephus

They will never screw with the Pinstripes, that is the most iconic uniform in all of sports.

I do agree with you on the 1918 throw backs, they were pretty cool.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

In Response to Re: open note to john henry and larry on sox uniforms : They will never screw with the Pinstripes, that is the most iconic uniform in all of sports. I do agree with you on the 1918 throw backs, they were pretty cool.
    Posted by ---The--Babe----

I'l give you "iconic"....and very ugly.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Honestly, the pinstripes are not a good look anymore.  I know they made Babe Ruth look thinner, the reported reason for going with them.  They just don't look cool. 

Maybe if they make the stripes bigger, so they are like bars?  Like inmate clothes ... LOL

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtDogDustin. Show DirtDogDustin's posts

The road uniforms now are awful

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aquachuck. Show aquachuck's posts

I'l give you "iconic"....and very ugly.

Exactly.  Maybe back in the day...but in 2011 the pinstripes look horrid, nothing looks better than the Red Sox home whites.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ---The--Babe----. Show ---The--Babe----'s posts

Honestly, the pinstripes are not a good look anymore.  I know they made Babe Ruth look thinner, the reported reason for going with them.  They just don't look cool.  Maybe if they make the stripes bigger, so they are like bars?  Like inmate clothes ... LOL

Posted by soxmeister

Spoken like a true member of the red flops nation. You probably have one of each of the many sawx uniforms. Nice way for the red flops to extort more money from the red flops nation.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from small-package. Show small-package's posts

yanks uniforms should be orange like the other crooks

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I vote they change the name to Boston Milkmen.

Players could make extra cash for John Henry selling dairy products during rain delays...God knows we have had enough of them lately!!!

Strawberry-Banana yogurt anyone?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ---The--Babe----. Show ---The--Babe----'s posts

I'l give you "iconic"....and very ugly. Exactly.  Maybe back in the day...but in 2011 the pinstripes look horrid, nothing looks better than the Red Sox home whites.

Posted by aquachuck

Yeah, plain white with red sox on it, very original. If they were so great why have so many alternative jerseys? I mean aside from ownership trying to gouge their fan base once again.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Anthony Weiner was great and solving problems. He's out of work, so give him a call and get the benefit of his intellect and wisdom.

Sections
Shortcuts