Opening day game thread: Red Sox vs. Tigers 4/5/12

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Opening day game thread: Red Sox vs. Tigers 4/5/12

Good come back, great pitching... See everyone Saturday. Beckett up next

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Opening day game thread: Red Sox vs. Tigers 4/5/12:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Opening day game thread: Red Sox vs. Tigers 4/5/12 : We all know that reallly YOU are pike NHS!
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

I am? Well that's a new one.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

It is what it is. Good pitching, timely hitting from both clubs.

Let the tigers win their home opener.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42nyc. Show 42nyc's posts

Tough one but great game. I have always liked Aceves, but really don't see him as a closer. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Oh well, the positives: Lester was fantastic. If he can pitch close to that the rest of the year, this could be an awfully good team. Not at all concerned with the bats ... Verlander is beast.
    All in all, solid effort.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Opening day game thread: Red Sox vs. Tigers 4/5/12 : Yeah, worked out really well.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

i was happy with the comeback...bullpen is going to be shaky....but you have to like putting your best in to win it counts, not just when its a save situation...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Tough loss but we know the BP is the weak link right now...just have to hope the Sox don't get in a lot of these tough BP games early in the season.  Taking a page from the Rays announcer...hope everyone enjoyed the game if not the result!   See ya next time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

[QUOTE]Curt Schilling Explains 'Why C.B. Bucknor Is Not a Good Ump' by Michael Hurley on Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 1:24PM     Do you like this story? Tweet It didn't take a baseball genius to see that first base umpire C.B. Bucknor 's calls Thursday night in Game 1 of the ALDS were just a bit off. Yet two-time World Series champion Curt Schilling , who never misses a chance to let fly his opinions, explained why he has never sent Bucknor a "World's Greatest Ump" coffee mug. "I don’t think [Bucknor] is trying to draw attention to himself, I just don’t think he’s a very good ump," Schilling wrote on his blog , 38 Pitches, "and in his tenure in the big leagues has not improved even a little."
    Posted by Iceman4[/QUOTE]

CB Bucknor costs us a minimum of 4 bad calls per year.  He's already .25 way to his quota already with 161 left to play

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Road opener.n

Facing Cy Young/MVP - tough pitcher.  Lester matched him, tho.

Two hits for Ryan Sweeney. Nice.

Yes, solid effort.

But the cloer situation could be real, real trouble.

Let's see what happens tomorrow.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

We haven't fought this hard for a game in a long time. We keep playing like this.....competing,playing hard, we'll be there at the end. No doubt. They looked ready to compete today and it will carryover. Good job by BV on the field managing side. I'm actually kind of excited. We fought for a win and didn't use the excuse of saving the bullpen for the long haul. Go-Sox!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]                           We haven't fought this hard for a game in a long time. We keep playing like this.....competing,playing hard, we'll be there at the end. No doubt. They looked ready to compete today and it will carryover. Good job by BV on the field managing side. I'm actually kind of excited. We fought for a win and didn't use the excuse of saving the bullpen for the long haul. Go-Sox!
    Posted by eggplants[/QUOTE]

nice take eggplants.  I concur.  A loss is a loss and there is nothing pleasant about it.  But great to see the boys scrappin' fromn day one.  Very enjoyable to watch.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]Road opener.n Facing Cy Young/MVP - tough pitcher.  Lester matched him, tho. Two hits for Ryan Sweeney. Nice. Yes, solid effort. But the cloer situation could be real, real trouble. Let's see what happens tomorrow.
    Posted by summerof67[/QUOTE]

No way they win tomorrow.  I've never been so sure of anything in my life.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Opening day game thread: Red Sox vs. Tigers 4/5/12 : No way they win tomorrow.  I've never been so sure of anything in my life.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

I am on board with your prediction.  I am not one to spread doom and gloom, but i just don't see them winning tomorrow.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Opening day game thread: Red Sox vs. Tigers 4/5/12 :   I am on board with your prediction.  I am not one to spread doom and gloom, but i just don't see them winning tomorrow.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

A Red Sox win tomorrow would make Jesus rising from the dead seem like child's play.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Opening day game thread: Red Sox vs. Tigers 4/5/12 : A Red Sox win tomorrow would make Jesus rising from the dead seem like child's play.

Best HolidayTie In Post - 2012

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Opening day game thread: Red Sox vs. Tigers 4/5/12 : Best HolidayTie In Post - 2012
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Thanks Space!!

On Sunday when Clay shuts out the Tigers will it be fair to say he put up a big fat Bunny Egg?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Glad I'm on the road! I missed the game. Sounds like BV was at least awake for the whole game(yawn see last picture in your minds of Tippy managing the game)...Aceves first chance as the closer,not a good result.161 to go! Until Football season.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Opening day game thread: Red Sox vs. Tigers 4/5/12 : Thanks Space!! On Sunday when Clay shuts out the Tigers will it be fair to say he put up a big fat Bunny Egg?

It would be fair indeed.  Not long ago, so much was hanging on his cross seam fastball.  Hopefully, he will ascend to his rightful place and save us all.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

Tigers top Red Sox after blown save

meanwhile, back at the ranch,

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

No Yankee fan should have the last post on a game thread. Sox will bury the Yanks before the season ends.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Opening day game thread: Red Sox vs. Tigers 4/5/12 : No way they win tomorrow.  I've never been so sure of anything in my life.

Don't know who you are, but blow it out your arss you chicken little ba st ard!  :)

We will win!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

For the record!

It sucks losing, but that was one hell of a game!  I'm proud of Pedey for putting us back in the game!  Good on Sweeney too!!!!!!

Aceves as a closer???  Not sold!  Good set up!  Great long relief!  Closer?  I think not!!!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts