Opening Day Lineup 2015

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Opening Day Lineup 2015

Holt3B/VictorinoRF/StantonLF/OrtizDH/Pedroia2B/Napoli1B/BogaertsSS/VazquezC/JBJCF

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Re: Opening Day Lineup 2015

In response to soxnewmex's comment:

Holt3B/VictorinoRF/StantonLF/OrtizDH/Pedroia2B/Napoli1B/BogaertsSS/VazquezC/JBJCF

so you think R saying they will give up stanton 2 yrs early

and U won't have to give up any of those guys

or R U saying marlins won't want any of those guys

weak avatar

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

DREAM ON about Stanton!

Oh but if it could be??????    :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Getting Stanton is a pipe dream.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

weak avatar

i agree about the avatar....i love zimmer

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to RigatoniT's comment:

The OP is both creative and informative.... great effort !

lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

weak avatar

I can't say that I "love Zimmer".  I've never even met the guy, but .. whatever.

Pedro did exactly what he should have done under the circumstances.  Zimmer had an uh-oh moment when he forgot how old and out of shape he was.  Pedro had an old man coming at him intending to inflict an injury on Pedro that could have harmed his career. 

Pedro had a choice. He could have stood Zim up with one punch and leveled him with the second - potentially harming his own pitching hand AND embarrassing Zimmer.  That wouldn't have been a good thing to do for lots of reasons.   Or he could have done what he did - using Zimmer's momentum and lack of balance to his (Pedro's) advantage and pushed him to the ground.

Zimmer started it, Pedro finished it, with a minimum of embarrassment and harm to either of them.  End of story. 

[object HTMLDivElement]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

weak avatar

The last good manager for the SOX, although Morgan was pretty good also.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Still no solid every day defense at SS or 3B.  Have you ever taking the time to research Holt's minor or major league FLG percentages in the IF?  This is why you will never see Cecchini in our IF or at DH unless he hits for power. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to S5's comment:

weak avatar

I can't say that I "love Zimmer".  I've never even met the guy, but .. whatever.

Pedro did exactly what he should have done under the circumstances.  Zimmer had an uh-oh moment when he forgot how old and out of shape he was.  Pedro had an old man coming at him intending to inflict an injury on Pedro that could have harmed his career. 

Pedro had a choice. He could have stood Zim up with one punch and leveled him with the second - potentially harming his own pitching hand AND embarrassing Zimmer.  That wouldn't have been a good thing to do for lots of reasons.   Or he could have done what he did - using Zimmer's momentum and lack of balance to his (Pedro's) advantage and pushed him to the ground.

Zimmer started it, Pedro finished it, with a minimum of embarrassment and harm to either of them.  End of story

[object HTMLDivElement]

then why after his death 

is he still bringing up zims weakest moment of a 60 yr mlb career every time he posts

pretty weak that U R sticking up 4 the poster S5

especially after calling me out for lack of respect when I posted the gomes pic

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

weak avatar

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Zimmer started it, Pedro finished it, with a minimum of embarrassment and harm to either of them.  End of story. 

[object HTMLDivElement]

are you kidding me? don't get me wrong i love pedro also but..if it was me walking down the road and trouble started..and somone that age attacked me i would laugh and look for the next person i think that could hurt me comming at me..pedro did not have to take him down like that no way zim would have hurt him with a swing...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Holt3B/VictorinoRF/Stantoin sending LF/OrtizDH/Pedroia2B/Napoli1B/BogaertsSS/VazquezC/JBJCF

weak avatar

Zimmer started it, Pedro finished it, with a minimum of embarrassment and harm to either of them.  End of story

[object HTMLDivElement]

then why after his death 

is he still bringing up zims weakest moment of a 60 yr mlb career every time he posts

pretty weak that U R sticking up 4 the poster S5

especially after calling me out for lack of respect when I posted the gomes pic

Much ado about nothing.

We all love Zim for his Red Sox roots, but he made a big mistake when he inappropriately rushed Pedro.  Not his fight, especially as a non-player.  He was ultimately at fault!  PERIOD!

On the other hand, Pedro went a bit overboard in sending the old man hard to the ground.  Perhaps he could have handled it better, but i understand his need to protect himself from injury.

with that said..........   IT'S A NOW FAIRLY HUMOROUS PICTURE OF AN HISTORIC EVENT IN RED SOX / YANKEE  LORE.

GETTING YOUR PANTIES INA TWIST OVER IT IS BEYOND SILLY.  IF ZIM WERE STILL AROUND, HE AND PEDRO WOULD LAUGH ABOUT IT IN ANOTHER 10 OR SO YEARS.  SOME DAY THEY BOTH WILL......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

For those who say Zim could not have hurt Pedro, that's just silly!

I'm 6'1" 185 lbs., and in good shape.  My dad is 75, 5'7", fat & out of shape.  BUT!!!!!!  He is built much like Zim, A FIRE PLUG, with arms that could still do major damage to me if he got ahold.  I still would not mess with my dad to this day!  

GET OVER THIS TEMPEST IN A TEACUP!  SILLY!!!!!   Zim is likely laughing about it now!  Pedro will one day laugh & even say he's sorry for the harsh put down.  BOTH WERE WRONG, BUT ZIM NEVER SHOULD HAVE RUSHED PEDRO.  ZIM WAS ULTIMATELY AT FAULT FOR THE WHOLE THING.  PEDRO SHOULD HAVE SIDE SLIPPED HIM, WITHOUT THE LUT DOWN.

GET OVER IT!   :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

I'm 6'1" 185 lbs., and in good shape.  My dad is 75, 5'7", fat & out of shape.  BUT!!!!!!  He is built much like Zim, A FIRE PLUG, with arms that could still do major damage to me if he got ahold.  I still would not mess with my dad to this day!  

GET OVER THIS TEMPEST IN A TEACUP!  SILLY!!!!!   Zim is likely laughing about it now!  Pedro will one day laugh & even say he's sorry for the harsh put down.  BOTH WERE WRONG, BUT ZIM NEVER SHOULD HAVE RUSHED PEDRO.  ZIM WAS ULTIMATELY AT FAULT FOR THE WHOLE THING.  PEDRO SHOULD HAVE SIDE SLIPPED HIM, WITHOUT THE LUT DOWN.

yeah i know what you mean..i should not have said that...i know zim was a strong guy also..but seeing him on the ground that day..i was just shaking my head...like W T F  just happened.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to bugmenot2's comment:

Don Zimmer is in the opening day 2015 lineup? Is he playing thirdbase?

Right now, our opening day lineup for 2015 is not worth talking about.  After the soon to be firesale, we can talk about rebuilding.  Next year will be the prototypical REBUILDING YEAR.  IT WILL BE TOUGH TO WATCH, but hopefully not quite as tough as this year or 2012.

What else is there to be said?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

yeah i know what you mean..i should not have said that...i know zim was a strong guy also..but seeing him on the ground that day..i was just shaking my head...like W T F  just happened.

With all I've said, I completely agree!  I too was shaking my head at Pedro.  I didn't like it at all!!!!  Zim's fault, but Pedro pulled "a D Move" as my high school jr. Son would say.

Still, who cares about the avatar?  No big deal.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

To me the value of the image is entirely symbolic, a guy in a Red Sox uniform slamming a guy in a Yankee uniform to the ground.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

The question is who will be starting? MaxS I hope

As always - 100% correct!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

To me the value of the image is entirely symbolic, a guy in a Red Sox uniform slamming a guy in a Yankee uniform to the ground.

If that's your rationale, you just lost me.  That put down of a 75 year old man symbolized weakness for the Sox.

Who ultimately won?

NOT A GREAT PICTURE FOR RED SOX SUPREMACY!!!!!

Now Tek's take down of A-Roid is a different story!!!!!!      !!!!!!!!!     :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Zimmer takedown is an ugly memory - i would remove it...

As always - 100% correct!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Much ado about nothing.

I said his avatar was weak

We all love Zim for his Red Sox roots,

I'm not so sure about that, at least not on this board

but he made a big mistake when he inappropriately rushed Pedro.

I agree 100 %

Not his fight, especially as a non-player.  He was ultimately at fault!  PERIOD!

NOT HIS FIGHT

I think this makes it his fight

While with St. Paul in 1953, Zimmer nearly died after being hit in the temple with a pitch. He was not fully conscious for 13 days, during which holes were drilled in his skull to relieve the pressure of swelling. His vision was blurred, he could neither walk nor talk and his weight plunged from 170 to 124. He was told his career was finished at age 22; fortunately for Zimmer, the prognosis proved incorrect and he made it to the major leagues the following year.

Zimmer was beaned again in 1956 when a Cincinnati Reds fastball broke his cheekbone, but he persevered. Because of these beanings, it has been widely reported that he had a surgically implanted steel plate in his head.[11] This rumor is false, although the holes drilled in the surgeries following the 1953 beanball were later filled with four tantalum metal corkscrew-shaped "buttons."[12]

On the other hand, Pedro went a bit overboard in sending the old man hard to the ground.  Perhaps he could have handled it better, but i understand his need to protect himself from injury.

fair enough

with that said..........   IT'S A NOW FAIRLY HUMOROUS PICTURE OF AN HISTORIC EVENT IN RED SOX / YANKEE  LORE.

2 each his own

obviously I don't find it humorous

GETTING YOUR PANTIES INA TWIST OVER IT IS BEYOND SILLY.

and I did this where

by calling out S5

for calling me out 4 a pic with questionable taste

and now sticking up 4 this pic

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

1) Holt SS

2) Pedroia 2B

3) Stanton LF

4) Cruz RF

5) Ortiz DH

6) Napoli 1B

7) Sandoval 3B

8) JBJ CF

9) Vazquez C

Bench: Butler, Marrero, Nava, Betts

(Victorino, Bogaerts and some prospects will be traded)

Sox4ever

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

No, the old man was dumb enough to try to take down Pedro.  Zimmer quote

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

73 not 75. Just because soon it will be 80 year old Zim

Sections
Shortcuts