3) Stanton LF

4) Cruz RF

5) Ortiz DH

6) Napoli 1B

7) Sandoval 3B

8) JBJ CF

9) Vazquez C

Bench: Butler, Marrero, Nava, Betts

(Victorino, Bogaerts and some prospects will be traded)

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]

I like the OF moon but Holt at SS and Sandoval at 3B don't help us defensively much at two very crucial positions.  I'm not sure compromising the defense is worth the offense.  Middy is younger, has better 3B defense and could probably mirror Pablos offense if he could stay off the DL so probably not much improvement overall at 3B.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Re: Opening Day Lineup 2015

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

1) Holt SS - Question marks but regardless Marrero looks like a good one

2) Pedroia 2B

3) Ortiz DH

4) Stanton - RF he has never played LF the monster would eat him alive

5) H. Ramirez 3B signed as a FA if the price is right but the Yankees might be all over him.  In this case I would sacrifice some defense and possible DL time for the offense. 

6) Napoli 1B

7) JBJ CF

8) Betts LF

9) Vazquez C

Bench: Marrero, Nava, Swihart, Joc Pederson & either Butler or Cuddyer if the price is right

Victorino, Middy, Cecchini, Escobar, Webster, Bogaerts & Doub could all be trade bait.  Jon and Hanley would be our two big signings.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

2) Pedroia 2B

3) Ortiz DH

5) H. Ramirez 3B signed as a FA if the price is right but the Yankees might be all over him.  In this case I would sacrifice some defense and possible DL time for the offense. 

6) Napoli 1B

7) JBJ CF

8) Betts LF

9) Vazquez C

Bench: Marrero, Nava, Swihart, Joc Pederson & either Butler or Cuddyer if the price is right

Victorino, Middy, Cecchini, Escobar, Webster, Bogaerts & Doub could all be trade bait.  Jon and Hanley would be our two big signings.

[/QUOTE]
    You can't have a bench with guys like Marrero, Pederson, Swihart, etc.  They are all prospects who need to play.  Sitting on the bench doesn't help their development.  I don't see the Marlins moving Stanton this winter at all, but he would obviously be a nice fit.  As long as he is a Marlin, the number of "trade for Stanton" threads will probably surpass the number of "trade for King Felix" threads that were posted on here at some point.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

[QUOTE]

1) Holt SS

2) Pedroia 2B

3) Stanton LF

4) Cruz RF

5) Ortiz DH

6) Napoli 1B

7) Sandoval 3B

8) JBJ CF

9) Vazquez C

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]

Like it a lot, except for Napoli, is he not tradable this week?...he could help some contending team...Another issue is the possibility of getting Stanton, seems utopia...how about Ranaudo and Owens in rotation?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Zimmer takedown is an ugly memory - i would remove it...

As always - 100% correct!

[/QUOTE]

It wasn't really a take-down; it was more a combination of momentum and gravity.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to jasko2248's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

2) Pedroia 2B

3) Ortiz DH

6) Napoli 1B

7) JBJ CF

8) Betts LF

9) Vazquez C

[/QUOTE]
    You can't have a bench with guys like Marrero, Pederson, Swihart, etc.  They are all prospects who need to play. Sitting on the bench doesn't help their development.  I don't see the Marlins moving Stanton this winter at all, but he would obviously be a nice fit.  As long as he is a Marlin, the number of "trade for Stanton" threads will probably surpass the number of "trade for King Felix" threads that were posted on here at some point.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry I disagree,

With this lineup there is no reason Betts and Pederson couldn't split time as well as Vas and Swihart.  Butler is a bench guy anyway and Cuddyer is getting old.  Marrero in my opinion will push Holt or anyone else we have out of the position eventually.  Nobody knows if this years offense from Brock will even last or defense hold up at SS.  I think Stanton could go at any given time if the Marlins get the right price.  They won't be in the PS with or without him and all the Marlins care about is money.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Well if the Dodgers refuse to trade Pederson and eat a big chunk of Kemp's deal:

1. Holt 3B or SS

2. Pedey 2B

3. Kemp LF

4. Papi DH

5. Napoli 1B

6. Victorino RF

7. Xander SS or 3B

8. Vazquez

9. Bradley Jr.

Bench: Ross, Nava, Marrero, a 1B/OF type (Mike Morse maybe?)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well if the Dodgers refuse to trade Pederson and eat a big chunk of Kemp's deal:

1. Holt 3B or SS

2. Pedey 2B

3. Kemp LF

4. Papi DH

5. Napoli 1B

6. Victorino RF

7. Xander SS or 3B

8. Vazquez

9. Bradley Jr.

Bench: Ross, Nava, Marrero, a 1B/OF type (Mike Morse maybe?)

[/QUOTE]
    Holt has been a very good leadoff guy but I still doubt his overall skillset to play any IF spot every day.  I guess only time will tell whether he continues to hit and can improve defensively.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

2) Pedroia 2B

3) Ortiz DH

6) Napoli 1B

7) JBJ CF

8) Betts LF

9) Vazquez C

[/QUOTE]
    You can't have a bench with guys like Marrero, Pederson, Swihart, etc.  They are all prospects who need to play. Sitting on the bench doesn't help their development.  I don't see the Marlins moving Stanton this winter at all, but he would obviously be a nice fit.  As long as he is a Marlin, the number of "trade for Stanton" threads will probably surpass the number of "trade for King Felix" threads that were posted on here at some point.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry I disagree,

With this lineup there is no reason Betts and Pederson couldn't split time as well as Vas and Swihart.  Butler is a bench guy anyway and Cuddyer is getting old.  Marrero in my opinion will push Holt or anyone else we have out of the position eventually.  Nobody knows if this years offense from Brock will even last or defense hold up at SS.  I think Stanton could go at any given time if the Marlins get the right price.  They won't be in the PS with or without him and all the Marlins care about is money.

[/QUOTE]

They aren't going to platoon Swihart and Vasquez in Boston next year.  It makes zero sense.  You need to find out if one or both can be a full time Major League catcher.  That doesn't happen if they are in a platoon.  They would never consider it at this point.  

Same thing with Betts and Pederson.  It literally would never happen.  Can you give me an example in the history of baseball where two top rated prospects platooned together their rookie year?  Again, the same thing with Marrero.  If Brock Holt wins the starting SS job next spring (My guess is that it will be Bogaerts) then Marrero is traded or starts in Pawtucket.  I can't think of one single example of this in the history of baseball, yet you think the Sox will have "3" top rated prospects on the bench next year?!?!  Can you explain why you think that is realistic at all?  

The Marlins are planning to compete next year in that division and they should have enough talent to do it.  Anything's possible, but I wouldn't get your hopes too high that Stanton will be in Boston next year.  In my opinion, it's a less than a 5% chance.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

2) Pedroia 2B

3) Ortiz DH

6) Napoli 1B

7) JBJ CF

8) Betts LF

9) Vazquez C

[/QUOTE]

Sorry I disagree,

[/QUOTE]

They aren't going to platoon Swihart and Vasquez in Boston next year.  It makes zero sense.  You need to find out if one or both can be a full time Major League catcher.  That doesn't happen if they are in a platoon.  They would never consider it at this point.  

Same thing with Betts and Pederson.  It literally would never happen.  Can you give me an example in the history of baseball where two top rated prospects platooned together their rookie year?  Again, the same thing with Marrero.  If Brock Holt wins the starting SS job next spring (My guess is that it will be Bogaerts) then Marrero is traded or starts in Pawtucket.  I can't think of one single example of this in the history of baseball, yet you think the Sox will have "3" top rated prospects on the bench next year?!?!  Can you explain why you think that is realistic at all?  

The Marlins are planning to compete next year in that division and they should have enough talent to do it.  Anything's possible, but I wouldn't get your hopes too high that Stanton will be in Boston next year.  In my opinion, it's a less than a 5% chance.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry I still disagree, in my opinion we no longer need guys like Gomes, Carp, Drew or even Ross.  Both Vasquez the rest of the season and Swihart backing him up next season can learn the pitchers without him.  Money well saved and spent elsewhere if needed while our kids get to play against the real competition.  I also doubt you see Marrero traded before Brock Holt or possibly Bogy.  Marrero is a true SS who can also handle the bat and two way players are hard to come by.  The Sox would be fools to trade yet another natural SS who may finally solidify the position.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

2) Pedroia 2B

3) Ortiz DH

6) Napoli 1B

7) JBJ CF

8) Betts LF

9) Vazquez C

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sorry I disagree,

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sorry I still disagree, in my opinion we no longer need guys like Gomes, Carp, Drew or even Ross.  Both Vasquez the rest of the season and Swihart backing him up next season can learn the pitchers without him.  Money well saved and spent elsewhere if needed while our kids get to play against the real competition.  I also doubt you see Marrero traded before Brock Holt or possibly Bogy.  Marrero is a true SS who can also handle the bat and two way players are hard to come by.  The Sox would be fools to trade yet another natural SS who may finally solidify the position.

[/QUOTE]

Now you're literally not making any sense. You say that Marrero is "a two way player," yet you have him penciled in as a utility infielder before he is ever given a chance?!  Every team in the history of baseball has had utility players on their rosters.    Whether you "agree" with it or not, the Sox are going to have Carp, Gomes and Ross type players on the roster next year.  Probably not those three specific guys, but players that are similar.

They aren't going to stockpile their bench with top prospects.  No team has ever done it in the history of baseball, yet you think the Sox will do it in 2015?  Can you explain why you think this is realistic at all? 

Lastly, it's not about Swihart "learning the pitchers." The kid needs to catch 120 plus games next year and so does Vasquez.  This is common sense.  They both need to play, and they will.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

2) Pedroia 2B

3) Ortiz DH

6) Napoli 1B

7) JBJ CF

8) Betts LF

9) Vazquez C

[/QUOTE]

Sorry I disagree,

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Now you're literally not making any sense. You say that Marrero is "a two way player," yet you have him penciled in as a utility infielder before he is ever given a chance?!  Every team in the history of baseball has had utility players on their rosters.    Whether you "agree" with it or not, the Sox are going to have Carp, Gomes and Ross type players on the roster next year.  Probably not those three specific guys, but players that are similar.

They aren't going to stockpile their bench with top prospects.  No team has ever done it in the history of baseball, yet you think the Sox will do it in 2015?  Can you explain why you think this is realistic at all? 

Lastly, it's not about Swihart "learning the pitchers." The kid needs to catch 120 plus games next year and so does Vasquez.  This is common sense.  They both need to play, and they will.  

[/QUOTE]

Some people probably including our FO still believe Holt or Bogy can man the SS position which could still happen but I have my favorite penciled in to back them up so forgive me for making no sense.  As usual Jasko lets agree to disagree it's not worth the effort.  I could be wrong but I believe Marrero will be Drew defensively but with offense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

2) Pedroia 2B

3) Ortiz DH

6) Napoli 1B

7) JBJ CF

8) Betts LF

9) Vazquez C

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sorry I disagree,

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Some people probably including our FO still believe Holt or Bogy can man the SS position which could still happen but I have my favorite penciled in to back them up so forgive me for making no sense.  As usual Jasko lets agree to disagree it's not worth the effort.

[/QUOTE]

Fair enough.  I just don't why you think that it's a good idea to have talented prospects watching baseball games instead of playing in them.  It's never happened in the history of baseball, yet you posted it like it's a realistic possibility.  

By the way, I like Stanton, but he went 0 for 4 today with 4 Ks.  The whiner brigade would light this board up like a pinball machine if he had a game like that for Boston, especially when you consider what it will take to acquire him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

2) Pedroia 2B

3) Ortiz DH

6) Napoli 1B

7) JBJ CF

8) Betts LF

9) Vazquez C

Sorry I disagree,

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Some people probably including our FO still believe Holt or Bogy can man the SS position which could still happen but I have my favorite penciled in to back them up so forgive me for making no sense.  As usual Jasko lets agree to disagree it's not worth the effort.

[/QUOTE]

Fair enough.  I just don't why you think that it's a good idea to have talented prospects watching baseball games instead of playing in them.  It's never happened in the history of baseball, yet you posted it like it's a realistic possibility.  

By the way, I like Stanton, but he went 0 for 4 today with 4 Ks.  The whiner brigade would light this board up like a pinball machine if he had a game like that for Boston, especially when you consider what it will take to acquire him.

[/QUOTE]

I could be wrong Jasko but I think Marrero will be as good or better than Drew defensively but with enough offense to help our cause.  I still have my doubts with Bogy and Holt at SS or 3B but more practice perfecting their skills could change that before next season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

2) Pedroia 2B

3) Ortiz DH

6) Napoli 1B

7) JBJ CF

8) Betts LF

9) Vazquez C

[/QUOTE]

Sorry I disagree,

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I could be wrong Jasko but I think Marrero will be as good or better than Drew defensively but with enough offense to help our cause.  I still have my doubts with Bogy and Holt at SS or 3B but more practice perfecting their skills could change that before next season.

[/QUOTE]

I like Marrero, too.  I think he could eventually be a starting shortstop in the big leagues, which is why he needs to continue to play full time.  My guess is that they move Bogaerts back to SS next year and Holt continues to be a Ben Zobrist type player, which is obviously a valuable role.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthomas43. Show mthomas43's posts

[QUOTE]

1) Holt SS

2) Pedroia 2B

3) Stanton LF

4) Cruz RF

5) Ortiz DH

6) Napoli 1B

7) Sandoval 3B

8) JBJ CF

9) Vazquez C

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]

I just dont see them giving up on Bogey that quick

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

2) Pedroia 2B

3) Ortiz DH

6) Napoli 1B

7) JBJ CF

8) Betts LF

9) Vazquez C

Sorry I disagree,

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I like Marrero, too.  I think he could eventually be a starting shortstop in the big leagues, which is why he needs to continue to play full time.  My guess is that they move Bogaerts back to SS next year and Holt continues to be a Ben Zobrist type player, which is obviously a valuable role.  

[/QUOTE]
    Just think about this Jasko, did you feel the same way about Holt before the season as far as needing to play more before being a help?  You never know when a kid may be ready to step into a utility or starting role.  I personally never liked Holt because of his poor IF defense in the minors that also carried into the bigs but look where he is today.  All I'm saying is Brocks offense could be gone tomorrow which once again makes him much less likely to stick.  I have been watching Marrero's defense for some time and he is much more of a natural SS with the same pest type play offensively as Betts, Pede and even Holt have displayed this season.  I like the kid as soon as next season if all else fails.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to mthomas43's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

1) Holt SS

2) Pedroia 2B

3) Stanton LF

4) Cruz RF

5) Ortiz DH

6) Napoli 1B

7) Sandoval 3B

8) JBJ CF

9) Vazquez C

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Right now, Bogey is man without a position.

I was pretty sure right from the start and took a lot of grief for stating that I did not think Bogey could ever become a plus SS on defense.

I had hoped he could learn and master the 3B position quickly, but I'm not sure about that anymore.

Putting him in the OF is a gamble.

I still have big faith in his bat, and I'm not for giving him away or trading him because I think he stinks. I'm putting him in the trade for Stanaton, so it's no slight on Bogey.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

Again, I like Marrero and think he could be a starter in the big leagues, which is why you can't platoon him now.  He seems like a prime candidate to be moved in a trade, though, as I think Bogaerts will be the SS moving forward.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to mthomas43's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

1) Holt SS

2) Pedroia 2B

3) Stanton LF

4) Cruz RF

5) Ortiz DH

6) Napoli 1B

7) Sandoval 3B

8) JBJ CF

9) Vazquez C

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]

Right now, Bogey is man without a position.

I was pretty sure right from the start and took a lot of grief for stating that I did not think Bogey could ever become a plus SS on defense.

I had hoped he could learn and master the 3B position quickly, but I'm not sure about that anymore.

Putting him in the OF is a gamble.

I still have big faith in his bat, and I'm not for giving him away or trading him because I think he stinks. I'm putting him in the trade for Stanaton, so it's no slight on Bogey.

[/QUOTE]
    We both had doubts about Bogy at SS but also thought 3B would be his spot moon.  I also agree on his offense coming around and he certainly has plenty of time, as does Holt to improve defensively.  It's going to be interesting to see things play out right down to JBJ.  We like his CF defense which may just keep him here longer than some so hopefully the offense also improves.

Sections
Shortcuts