Opening Day

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Opening Day

In Response to Re: Opening Day:
    [QUOTE]Statement Game!   Lester:  Is he really doomed to April showers?  I SAY NO!  He twirls a gem vs. vaunted Tigs line-up.   Verlander:  WE GOT HIM! Repeat of last April?  NO F'IN WAY.  LET THE WORLD KNOW:  THIS AIN'T 2011. 1 pm can't come quick enough. Jess, Jete, I will be at the bah right at 1.  Save me a spot if you get one.  I know what you guys are wearing.  I'll be in my spacesuit.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

I think we can take verlander. against "elite" pitchers last year we fared extremely well. Jacoby is going to show verlander why he should have won the MVP when he has a monster game. Our lineup is much more potent than detroits

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Hope springs eternal for all MLB on opening day.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

bump

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

A day off work for a workout, carpool to middle school stage band rehearsal, two morning yoga classes, watching Opening Day's early games at a sports bar with friends, older daughter's high school track meet, and Maundy Thursday service at my church.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In Response to Opening Day:
    [QUOTE]Where will you be spending opening day? I am meeting Space Ace, Jete and a couple of the other guys at Prof. Thoms in the city for the Sox opening game tomorrow afternoon. A little Yankee blood in the middle of a bar with a Boston feel to it. I am looking forward to meeting some of the gang for the first time after years of chatting here. How we will know who each other is has yet to be determined. And Friday, hanging with my good luck charms Svetlana and Natasha out here in Queens. Here is to wishing everyone a great opening day no matter who you root for. Spring is here.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Sounds like fun, I wish I could join you!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I know, opening day is the one day of the year I regret living in San Francisco.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

Hope you guys have a blast, Jess...Hoist one for me...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

I haven't been to Prof.Thom's since Sept. of 04. Who remembers 04? Damn, I wish I could be there. Oh well, at least I got to see a game at Fenway South this spring. Have a blast everybody, and if anyone is having a European lager and or a shot of Irish (aww hell, whatever you're drinkin') throw a toast my way.

CHEERS!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Opening Day:
    [QUOTE]Where will you be spending opening day? I am meeting Space Ace, Jete and a couple of the other guys at Prof. Thoms in the city for the Sox opening game tomorrow afternoon. A little Yankee blood in the middle of a bar with a Boston feel to it. I am looking forward to meeting some of the gang for the first time after years of chatting here. How we will know who each other is has yet to be determined. And Friday, hanging with my good luck charms Svetlana and Natasha out here in Queens. Here is to wishing everyone a great opening day no matter who you root for. Spring is here.

In spirit, I'm wiht you guys ...or will be.

I'll follow on MLB.com

Celebrate Maundy Thursday ...

Prepare for Easter Sunday with the worship team...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

[QUOTE]So much for my cheery opening day thread

Well, He is one of yours so maybe you should tell him that children should be seen and not heard

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]Statement Game!   Lester:  Is he really doomed to April showers?  I SAY NO!  He twirls a gem vs. vaunted Tigs line-up.   Verlander:  WE GOT HIM! Repeat of last April?  NO F'IN WAY.  LET THE WORLD KNOW:  THIS AIN'T 2011. 1 pm can't come quick enough. Jess, Jete, I will be at the bah right at 1.  Save me a spot if you get one.  I know what you guys are wearing.  I'll be in my spacesuit.

I'll be in my birthday suit

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Hey Jesse,

Another opening day is upon us and we the people have much to be thankful for and owe a dept of gratitude to the men and women who couragously guard our freedom and wear the uniform of our armed services. Today we still have many young Americans in warms way. Many of which are fans of the game we love. My hope is that today brings them some solice and allows them to for a brief time to reconnect with the boys of summer and root for thier respective hometowne nine's. So today when each of us is enjoying the begining of another season of promise. Remember that our freedom to do so unincumbered by fear, indeed comes at a cost.

Go Sox, Go Baseball, Go Servicemen & Women
    Beantowne

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Opening Day : Thanks for the image Yaz - TMFI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will definitely raise a glass to you all. It will be 2 Sox Fans (Space and JoeB) and 2 Yanks fans (Jete and myself) To be honest, I am really going down to see if there are any hot chicks fans there.

Have a good time guys ....
      the girls look like a draw...

:o)  I think you misunderstood me, Jess.  The Young Adult class bought me a suit - dark navy with colored pinstripes - and all the fixings to go with it.

I have preached in (that) my birthday suit many times over the years ...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Opening Day : Have a good time guys ....   the girls look like a draw...    :o)  I think you misunderstood me, Jess.  The Young Adult class bought me a suit - dark navy with colored pinstripes - and all the fixings to go with it.    I have preached in (that) my birthday suit many times over the years ...
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the explanation. You scared me for a minute.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Smelly/Law09 is back bumping threads

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

So I guess no one remembers 04.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]So I guess no one remembers 04.
    Posted by antibody[/QUOTE]

Were you at opening day in 2004?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Hey NYers (Sox and Yank alike), as far as i know, its Jessey, Jete and myself catching the game at Professor Thoms today.  Is anyone else coming down?  Joe B?  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Opening Day : Were you at opening day in 2004?

No. I was referring to my earlier post where I was attempting a little humor. Guess I failed.

Anyway, have a great day all and again I wish I could be there.

And now it's back to work for me.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]Hey NYers (Sox and Yank alike), as far as i know, its Jessey, Jete and myself catching the game at Professor Thoms today.  Is anyone else coming down?  Joe B?  

If I was up north I would definitely be there.

But sadly I will watch the game at the tiki bar with my two tigers fan friends!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Opening Day : If I was up north I would definitely be there. But sadly I will watch the game at the tiki bar with my two tigers fan friends!!
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]

Haha.  Nice.  I can only assume these Tiger fans are either parrots or barely legal coeds.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]Hey NYers (Sox and Yank alike), as far as i know, its Jessey, Jete and myself catching the game at Professor Thoms today.  Is anyone else coming down?  Joe B?  

Joe's coming.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Opening Day : Joe's coming.

Oh, Thank God, I thought I was going to have to spend the whole afternoon with Skankee fans Money mouth

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Opening Day : No. I was referring to my earlier post where I was attempting a little humor. Guess I failed. Anyway, have a great day all and again I wish I could be there.
    Posted by antibody[/QUOTE]

Yeah - went over my head. Kind of a blur to me - 2004.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Opening Day : Haha.  Nice.  I can only assume these Tiger fans are either parrots or barely legal coeds.  

LOL....No, friends of mine visiting from Michigan.

The parrot is a Yankee fan!