OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS IN LEFT FIELD AS CRAWFORD HAS SET BACK WITH WRIST.......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS IN LEFT FIELD AS CRAWFORD HAS SET BACK WITH WRIST.......

NOT GOOD NEWS FOR CARL, BUT LEFT FIELD IS WIDE OPEN !!!  WHAT SAY YOU ???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

Re: OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS IN LEFT FIELD AS CRAWFORD HAS SET BACK WITH WRIST.......

the one armed Kalish.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Aviles will have to play LF, Punto likely at SS

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

WOW, WHEN HAVE WE SEEN SO MANY OPPORTUNITIES ???   SS,RF,CATCH, NOW LF & KEEP YOUR EYE ON 3RD BASE WITH YOUK COMING BACK FOR THE 3RD YEAR OF INJURY !!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS IN LEFT FIELD AS CRAWFORD HAS SET BACK WITH WRIST.......": [QUOTE]Aviles will have to play LF, Punto likely at SS Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE] I think you'll see Ross in left and Aviles or Iglesias at SS before that happens. It's pretty clear that Punto is the utility guy and not in the mix at SS...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Looks like a DL year for Crawford. Is Beckett next? He won't have his personal catcher and is the only other player besides Crawford criticized by Valentine.

Subterfuge anyone?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS IN LEFT FIELD AS CRAWFORD HAS SET BACK WITH WRIST.......:
    [QUOTE]In response to "Re: OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS IN LEFT FIELD AS CRAWFORD HAS SET BACK WITH WRIST.......": I think you'll see Ross in left and Aviles or Iglesias at SS before that happens. It's pretty clear that Punto is the utility guy and not in the mix at SS...
    Posted by jasko2248[/QUOTE]

that's also a possiblity, jasko..Sweeney can play right. Don't think there's much of a chance Iggy starts the season in the BIGS

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS IN LEFT FIELD AS CRAWFORD HAS SET BACK WITH WRIST.......:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS IN LEFT FIELD AS CRAWFORD HAS SET BACK WITH WRIST....... : that's also a possiblity, jasko..Sweeney can play right. Don't think there's much of a chance Iggy starts the season in the BIGS
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]MR. J-BAY ......   IGGY WILL BE YOUR STARTING SS .....  BOBBY V. IS NO FOOL, THAT GLOVE IS/WILL BE THE BACKBONE FOR THE PITCHING STAFF !!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS IN LEFT FIELD AS CRAWFORD HAS SET BACK WITH WRIST.......": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS IN LEFT FIELD AS CRAWFORD HAS SET BACK WITH WRIST....... : that's also a possiblity, jasko..Sweeney can play right. Don't think there's much of a chance Iggy starts the season in the BIGS Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE] Sweeney will play right against righties (most of the time) regardless. Don't be too sure about Iggy. He's in the mix if he has some good at bats this spring. Valentine loves that kid...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS IN LEFT FIELD AS CRAWFORD HAS SET BACK WITH WRIST.......": Sweeney will play right against righties (most of the time) regardless. Don't be too sure about Iggy. He's in the mix if he has some good at bats this spring. Valentine loves that kid...

Bobby V was interviewed recently, said he loves the kids defense, but after his injury last year that kept him out the second half of the season, thinks he needs more consistent at bats and will likely start in Pawtucket. That said, I think we may, even probably, see him at Fenway at some point this season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS IN LEFT FIELD AS CRAWFORD HAS SET BACK WITH WRIST.......": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS IN LEFT FIELD AS CRAWFORD HAS SET BACK WITH WRIST....... : Bobby V was interviewed recently, said he loves the kid defense, but after his injury last year that kept him out the second half of the season, thinks he needs more consistent at bats and will likely start in Pawtucket. That said, I think we may, even probably, see him at Fenway at some point this season. Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE] That to me sounds like a manager trying to take some pressure off of a kid. Let's put it this way, then. He'll be the opening day SS before Punto will and I think he's still very much in the mix regardless...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS IN LEFT FIELD AS CRAWFORD HAS SET BACK WITH WRIST.......": That to me sounds like a manager trying to take some pressure off of a kid. Let's put it this way, then. He'll be the opening day SS before Punto will and I think he's still very much in the mix regardless...

Very well could be, still early.  It's iggy's job for the taking, but I do think he'll be in Pawtuket to start the season. time will tell.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS IN LEFT FIELD AS CRAWFORD HAS SET BACK WITH WRIST.......": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS IN LEFT FIELD AS CRAWFORD HAS SET BACK WITH WRIST....... : Very well could be, still early.  It's iggy's job for the taking, but I do think he'll be in Pawtuket to start the season. time will tell. Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE] Very true...If I were to bet, I'd say Aviles, but I would not be surprised at all to see Valentine go with Iglesias...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS IN LEFT FIELD AS CRAWFORD HAS SET BACK WITH WRIST.......": Very true...If I were to bet, I'd say Aviles, but I would not be surprised at all to see Valentine go with Iglesias...

Don't get me wrong, Jasko, can't wait to see the kid get his shot, just want what's best for him in the long run, dont want to rush it. Still only 22, bringing him up too soon, may do a lot more harm than good.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS IN LEFT FIELD AS CRAWFORD HAS SET BACK WITH WRIST.......": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS IN LEFT FIELD AS CRAWFORD HAS SET BACK WITH WRIST....... : Don't get me wrong, Jasko, can't wait to see the kid get his shot, just want what's best for him in the long run, dont want to rush it. Still only 22, bringing him up too soon, may do a lot more harm than good. Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE] Agreed, but the Sox, under this management group, have always been pretty careful not to throw kids to the wolves. I don't think they give him the job unless they feel he is mentally ready...as you mentioned, still too early, but he's a pretty confident kid...