Opportunity to buy tickets for 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

Opportunity to buy tickets for 2013

Okay,  How many people recieved this email after registering to buy tickets for opening day or later NYY games?

Congratulations! You've been selected for the opportunity to purchase tickets for one of the following 2013 Red Sox home games at Fenway Park: Opening Day (April 8 vs. Orioles) or one of the following nine (9) contests against the New York Yankees: July 19-20-21, August 16-17-18, September 13-14-15.

This first-come, first-served online purchase opportunity begins at 12 p.m. (noon) ET on Saturday, February 9, 2013, and ends at 9 p.m. (2/9), or while supplies last.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Re: Opportunity to buy tickets for 2013

Not me.  My email said, "Sorry, you weren't selected...."  :-(

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

It's so hard to get tickets to Fenway (especially against a good team).

When I lived in Cambridge from 2003 to 2005, I would usually go to craigslist and buy a ticket from fans who suddenly could not go. 

Scalpers were selling $200 a ticket (bleachers) to a Red Sox vs. Yankees game back in 2003 to 2005. 

Both teams have been struggling so it should be cheaper now.  LOL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I got the email today saying I have the opportuniity to buy tickets.I've entered the "lottery" for the past 3 or 4 years and this is the first time for me to be selected.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

I got the email today saying I have the opportuniity to buy tickets.I've entered the "lottery" for the past 3 or 4 years and this is the first time for me to be selected.

Congrats mrmojo1120!   :)

If you cannot go to any games, sell them to me.   ;)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

In response to MichFan's comment:

Okay,  How many people recieved this email after registering to buy tickets for opening day or later NYY games?

Congratulations! You've been selected for the opportunity to purchase tickets for one of the following 2013 Red Sox home games at Fenway Park: Opening Day (April 8 vs. Orioles) or one of the following nine (9) contests against the New York Yankees: July 19-20-21, August 16-17-18, September 13-14-15.

This first-come, first-served online purchase opportunity begins at 12 p.m. (noon) ET on Saturday, February 9, 2013, and ends at 9 p.m. (2/9), or while supplies last.

I got the email!  This is 2 years in a row for me.  Got selected for Monster seats last season.  I'm going to get tickets for one of the July Yankee games.  Hopefully, the Sox will not be eliminated by then

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

You guys are lucky.  I NEVER get selected.   :(

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Join the club...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

If you are getting a chance to get tickets, you had better get them fast before EVERY game is SOLD OUT again.

Consider any price to be reasonable at this time or you may not get to see a game live this year. 

The SOLD OUT streak WILL continue!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Join the club...

Thanks ThefourBs.  :)

One time, my friend and I would take the bus to Baltimore to see a Red Sox vs. O's game. It was easier to get tickets a Red Sox game in Baltimore than at Fenway.   LOL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Thanks,I'm going to try for the opening day tickets,Monday April 8th,2:05 game against Baltimore.If I get the tickets,this will be the first opening day I've gone to.I'd be pretty psyched about that.

I'd also like to win the chance to buy tickets on the Monster at some point.That's an item on my "Bucket list".Those seats look like they have an amazing view of the game.Heck,I'd even settle for the "Standing Room Only" on the Monster.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

Thanks,I'm going to try for the opening day tickets,Monday April 8th,2:05 game against Baltimore.If I get the tickets,this will be the first opening day I've gone to.I'd be pretty psyched about that.

I'd also like to win the chance to buy tickets on the Monster at some point.That's an item on my "Bucket list".Those seats look like they have an amazing view of the game.Heck,I'd even settle for the "Standing Room Only" on the Monster.

Hope you get to sit there some day.  Got picked to buy Monster seats last year.  What an awesome experience! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

I'm going for Monster seats.  I get tickets for any other seat pretty easily.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I'm going for Monster seats.  I get tickets for any other seat pretty easily.

They're drawing the names for the Monster seats or Standing Room next Monday.Good luck,I hope you get the opportunity.I hope I do too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Join the club...

Thanks ThefourBs.  :)

One time, my friend and I would take the bus to Baltimore to see a Red Sox vs. O's game. It was easier to get tickets a Red Sox game in Baltimore than at Fenway.   LOL

I've been wanting to go to Balt to catch a game for a while.

I've heard a lot of good things about the ball park there.

I do manage to get to a couple of games per year, at Fenway.

I'm lucky enough to have a friend with connections. lol

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

So what it boils down to is everyone on here who said Management does'nt have a clue, Must have their heads up their AZZ....So hard to get tickets....Gee thats strange....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Me also. I'm not buying though.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

The Sox will be truly crushed to learn this.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

My SO & I enter every lottery every year and one or the other of us usually gets one opportunity to buy tickets. 

I was lucky enough to get Monster tickets one year but by the time I got out of the Virtual Waiting Room (a/k/a Virtual Hell) all that was left was SRO's. 

Monster SRO's are a fun place to watch a game from but beware when you buy them that you're not going to be able to see the Jumbotron.  The light towers are in the way. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

last season i ended up on the monster when the Nats were in town. hands down the best thing of my life. it was the first time i had been to fenway since i was 8 years old. Just walking around exploring the place and the next thing i know my dad and i are on top of the green monster! stayed there until about the 8th inning then found some great seats on the 1B line to watch Aceves blow the save :p

the view was fantastic though, if i could get images to post properly i would put some up.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

You are not buying any tickets?!?  You should buy the tickets and then sell them for a small profit.   ;)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

You are not buying any tickets?!?  You should buy the tickets and then sell them for a small profit.   ;)

Nobody selling Red Sox tickets this year will be able to make a profit. Besides, I have dialogue with the head of the ticket office and one of the Three Horseman.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

they will be giving those tickets away by late july....good news is that the sell out streak will continue forever - even after Armageddon

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Nobody selling Red Sox tickets this year will be able to make a profit. Besides, I have dialogue with the head of the ticket office and one of the Three Horseman.

Looking on eBay,$28.00 lower bleacher seats are selling for $175-200 a pair for Opening day.That's a tidy little profit.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

The Sox will be truly crushed to learn this.

So will all the fans lined up behind him to buy tickets.

And imagine how sad the folks next him will be not having to hear 'we suck' every 5 minutes.