Opportunity to buy tickets for 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: Opportunity to buy tickets for 2013

In response to georom4's comment:

they will be giving those tickets away by late july....good news is that the sell out streak will continue forever - even after Armageddon

Tag bet, or are you tired of losing?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In the summer of 2006, I went to see a Red Sox vs. A's game in Oakland.

Only around 15,000 fans showed up.  1/3 were Red Sox fans.  Oakland was in a playoff hunt while Boston was pretty much done. 

I waited in line for only ten minutes and bought two tickets at the stadium and by the 7th inning, the stadium staff allowed us to sit closer to the field.  LOL

I understand why Billy Beane wants to move the team to San Jose.  LOL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

In the summer of 2006, I went to see a Red Sox vs. A's game in Oakland.

Only around 15,000 fans showed up.  1/3 were Red Sox fans.  Oakland was in a playoff hunt while Boston was pretty much done. 

I waited in line for only ten minutes and bought two tickets at the stadium and by the 7th inning, the stadium staff allowed us to sit closer to the field.  LOL

I understand why Billy Beane wants to move the team to San Jose.  LOL

I did that on a trip to the west coast.  I called a friend to join me for a few beers.  He suggested an Oakland game, since they were playing the As.  As luck would have it, Pedro was pitching.  You'd have thought it would be at semi-popular, but we got good tix with no problems.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Of course you'd give them away. your not a Sox fan...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

If someone gave me tickets, I'd sell them. "A nice day at the ballpark" is minor league baseball and little league baseball.

It depends on how close you are, but minor league BB is a real good value.  It was a while back, but I remember going to the LV Stars.  When you go to YS, you pack nothing but $20 bills.  In LV, you were better off packing singles.  The tix probably cost about $5, but it seemed like everything else was $1 or so.

I'd say it is the same thing in NYC for basketball.  If you go to the local HS or elementary school, you'll have a good time, and can leave the house with $20.  And become part of the social scene.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

By the time I got in all the monster seats were gone. Just want to set on the wall.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to MichFan's comment:

By the time I got in all the monster seats were gone. Just want to set on the wall.

I didn't get the Opening Day tickets I was hoping for,but I got tickets for the July 21st  game against the Yankees instead.

They're drawing the chance for Monster seats today to buy next Saturday.This is from the Red Sox website :

Green Monster Ticket Drawing (GM offer)Green Monster tickets (seats and standing room tickets) will be available for Boston Red Sox home games for the 2013 Major League Baseball regular season.

REGISTRATION PERIOD BEGINS: 12 p.m. (noon) EST, Wednesday, 1/30/2013 GM REGISTRATION PERIOD ENDS: 12 p.m. (noon) EST, Monday, 2/11/2013 GM RANDOM DRAWING: On or about Monday, 2/11/2013 GM WINNERS NOTIFIED VIA E-MAIL: On or about Wednesday, 2/13/2013 GM SALE FOR WINNERS: 12 p.m. (noon) - 9 p.m. EST, Saturday, 2/16/2013

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

I got in at 12:05 and the seats I wanted were not available for purchase (The RF Roof Terrace seats).  Wonder if they are "Premium Seats"

I ended up with 1B line upper grandstand.  I've sat there before.  Good view except for seeing the flight of fly balls.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

well then that explains why there were no tickets avail sat for the Monster.

I'll try my password again this sat and see if it works.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

I got the email today saying I have the opportuniity to buy tickets.I've entered the "lottery" for the past 3 or 4 years and this is the first time for me to be selected.

Congrats mrmojo1120!   :)

If you cannot go to any games, sell them to me.   ;)

Thanks,I'm going to try for the opening day tickets,Monday April 8th,2:05 game against Baltimore.If I get the tickets,this will be the first opening day I've gone to.I'd be pretty psyched about that.

I'd also like to win the chance to buy tickets on the Monster at some point.That's an item on my "Bucket list".Those seats look like they have an amazing view of the game.Heck,I'd even settle for the "Standing Room Only" on the Monster.

GL mojo, hope you get em'....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

In response to georom4's comment:

they will be giving those tickets away by late july....good news is that the sell out streak will continue forever - even after Armageddon

Tag bet, or are you tired of losing?

Georom must be tired of losing.

He hasn't responded to a single one of these posts, has he?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

received email today that I did not get selected for the Monster tickets.  Damn!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to MichFan's comment:

received email today that I did not get selected for the Monster tickets.  Damn!

Sorry to hear that.I didn't get chosen either 

"GL mojo, hope you get em'...."

Thanks for the thoughts Jete.Being a Red Sox fan,I'm used to "Waiting until next year".

Sections
Shortcuts