Orioles’ Buck Showalter Angry At ‘Hypocritical’ Yankees For Irene Scheduling Saga-Is Buck correct?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mr.Bump. Show Mr.Bump's posts

Orioles’ Buck Showalter Angry At ‘Hypocritical’ Yankees For Irene Scheduling Saga-Is Buck correct?

CBS Sports:

Bombers manager Joe Girardi asserted last week that the teams should have played a doubleheader Friday because of the looming Hurricane Irene. 
    The problem? That would have been just two days after former Orioles pitcher Mike Flanagan took his own life.

“It’s silly to me. I don’t understand why we didn’t play a split doubleheader,” Girardi said on Friday. “Someone’s got to step up, and they did it all over the country. They did it in Philadelphia, they did it in Boston, they did it in Florida. Football games have been moved up. Soccer games. Golf has been canceled, 18 holes. Why we didn’t play a split … I have no idea.”

The Orioles’ manager wasn’t pleased with the talk coming from New York, going so far as to call the Yankees “hypocritical.”

“I felt that some of the stuff was a little disrespectful to Flanny, quite frankly,” said Showalter on Sunday. “That didn’t sit with me very well. I can tell you that.”

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Orioles’ Buck Showalter Angry At ‘Hypocritical’ Yankees For Irene Scheduling Saga-Is Buck correct?

In Response to Orioles’ Buck Showalter Angry At ‘Hypocritical’ Yankees For Irene Scheduling Saga-Is Buck correct?:
    [QUOTE]CBS Sports: Bombers manager Joe Girardi asserted last week that the teams should have played a doubleheader Friday because of the looming Hurricane Irene.  The problem? That would have been just two days after former Orioles pitcher Mike Flanagan took his own life. “It’s silly to me. I don’t understand why we didn’t play a split doubleheader ,” Girardi said on Friday. “Someone’s got to step up, and they did it all over the country. They did it in Philadelphia, they did it in Boston, they did it in Florida. Football games have been moved up. Soccer games. Golf has been canceled, 18 holes. Why we didn’t play a split … I have no idea.” The Orioles’ manager wasn’t pleased with the talk coming from New York, going so far as to call the Yankees “hypocritical.”  “I felt that some of the stuff was a little disrespectful to Flanny, quite frankly,” said Showalter on Sunday. “That didn’t sit with me very well. I can tell you that.”
    Posted by Mr.Bump[/QUOTE] yeah, as soon as he can explain what the f' Flanagan had to do with anything?... the Yanks were so disrespectful to Flanagan that the whole team had the nerve to stand on the top step for the entire ceremony...WWBD....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Re: Orioles’ Buck Showalter Angry At ‘Hypocritical’ Yankees For Irene Scheduling Saga-Is Buck correct?

Lot of moaning and groaning both ways.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Very sad and distrubing to see Flanagan's natural life tragic ending. Given lack of religion is modern popular American religion, and economic disaster from something for nothing political pandering, suicides over economic and physical and mental health problems should rise over the future years.

No ill intent from Girardi, a terrific citizen by my accounts, but an honest mistake in not being fully aware how solemn a time it is in Baltimore. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Orioles’ Buck Showalter Angry At ‘Hypocritical’ Yankees For Irene Scheduling Saga-Is Buck correct?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Orioles’ Buck Showalter Angry At ‘Hypocritical’ Yankees For Irene Scheduling Saga-Is Buck correct? : yeah, as soon as he can explain what the f' Flanagan had to do with anything?... the Yanks were so disrespectful to Flanagan that the whole team had the nerve to stand on the top step for the entire ceremony...WWBD....
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

WOW; that's close to about the maddest I ever saw you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

The Yankees think the sports world revolves around them

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

a 60 year former pitcher takes his own life and this is supposed to be the reason why a team cant play a doubleheader??? either they play or dont..if they did they should have squeezed 2 in before the hurricane like all the other teams...Im with the Yankee skipper on this...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from scorieger. Show scorieger's posts

They should both shut their cake-holes, and play the kids game they get paid for.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Seems the Orioles are in the middle of a ton of BS this year.  Buck is a tool.  The Orioles are in a large city with a P-O-S team.  So blame everybody else for that.

They are slowly becoming the scabs of the AL.  Good job Buckaroo.  Keep pissing teams off and losing series after series.   

Yanks had a legit gripe.  They birds could have done the tribute anytime, and done a much BETTER job if they really gave a crap.  Screw them.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Just remember this is the guy who made the O's look so damn good at the end of the season last year. Me thinks he maybe trying to look good in the eyes of O's fans with his talk of disrespecting Flanagan. Considering they are doing worse than when he took over last year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

In Response to Re: Orioles’ Buck Showalter Angry At ‘Hypocritical’ Yankees For Irene Scheduling Saga-Is Buck correct?:
    [QUOTE]Just remember this is the guy who made the O's look so damn good at the end of the season last year. Me thinks he maybe trying to look good in the eyes of O's fans with his talk of disrespecting Flanagan. Considering they are doing worse than when he took over last year.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]

Interesting point.  Buck hasn't done anything to improve the Orioles record. They are in last place and that is where they belong. It is a shame that Flanagan chose to end his life, but I don't think that anyone is trying to disrespect him. Buck needs to do a better job with the Orioles and stop pointing fingers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

Showalter is just upset he didnt understand what he had in Rivera back in the 95 playoffs (6 1/3 scoreless innings). If he goes with him instead of Black Jack McDowell's grandfather in extra innings, the Yankees beat Seattle and Buck is probably a Yankee legend!

Fool.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]a 60 year former pitcher takes his own life and this is supposed to be the reason why a team cant play a doubleheader??? either they play or dont..if they did they should have squeezed 2 in before the hurricane like all the other teams...Im with the Yankee skipper on this...
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]
    Me too, Geo ... for exactly why you said.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bosoxin09. Show Bosoxin09's posts

Girardi is not showing any respect to the O's and to the passing of Mike Flanagan, who was so deeply involved with Orioles for a long time as a player, coach, manager, broadcaster and front office exec.  The whole organization is stunned by his death, and Girardi completely missed how much Mike meant to them.  He needs to make amends to the O's and their fans.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]Girardi is not showing any respect to the O's and to the passing of Mike Flanagan, who was so deeply involved with Orioles for a long time as a player, coach, manager, broadcaster and front office exec.  The whole organization is stunned by his death, and Girardi completely missed how much Mike meant to them.  He needs to make amends to the O's and their fans.
    Posted by Bosoxin09[/QUOTE]

Buck needs to make amends to the Orioles and their fans by resigning.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Buck appears to be exactly the kind of manager who comes into an organization, turns everything upside down, getting every player worried about their spot on the team and inciting them to work their tail off to keep it. Eventually everyone gets sick of him and the whole thing crumbles. He's not a good manager period. Never will be.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]Buck appears to be exactly the kind of manager who comes into an organization, turns everything upside down, getting every player worried about their spot on the team and inciting them to work their tail off to keep it. Eventually everyone gets sick of him and the whole thing crumbles. He's not a good manager period. Never will be.
    Posted by Boomerangsdotcom[/QUOTE]

Agreed

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

The Orioles are 28 1/2 games back in last place.  If they were 4 games out in third place, I think Showalter's tune would be different.  He'd insist on getting those games in any way possible. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from frankn. Show frankn's posts

Why is "sticking it to" the Yankees a bad thing?  If everone did this, think what wonderful world it would be.  I personally have a new found respect for Buck.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from frankn. Show frankn's posts

Do I get the Heinz fortune?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

If Mike Flanagan had been in the Front Office or Booth he probably would have agreed with Girardi that Double Header should have been played on Friday, becuase he was a baseball guy. I am sure the Oriole organization is stunned by his death, but if they were in  a Pennant race they would have had a different view on it.....hate to stick up for the Yankees but Girardi has a point. and if the reason why they didnt want to schedule the two games was Flanagan they would have expressed that to Girardi and the Yanks and though Girardi might have still disagreed I think he wouldnt have spouted off publicly

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Orioles’ Buck Showalter Angry At ‘Hypocritical’ Yankees For Irene Scheduling Saga-Is Buck correct? :   Good point, Yoshi . Now MARRY ME !!!
    Posted by prknsdnld[/QUOTE]

LOL! You know the rules...hit a home run for the Sox and we'll talk!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

The better criticism of the Yankees came from the Orioles front office, not Showalter, who is a hypocrite himself.  But any criticism of the Yankees is good criticism.  This is, after all (and despite the many recurring attempts to overtake us) a forum for Red Sox fans!

25. This post has been removed.