Orioles’ Buck Showalter Angry At ‘Hypocritical’ Yankees For Irene Scheduling Saga-Is Buck correct?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: Orioles’ Buck Showalter Angry At ‘Hypocritical’ Yankees For Irene Scheduling Saga-Is Buck correct?

Its too bad the majority of you prefer to be on the side of the enemy. Are we talking about the same team who's third baseman tried to slap the ball out of Arroyos hand? Had he got away with it we would not have won the 2004 WS, but hey lets all feel bad because of a stupid double header.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: Orioles’ Buck Showalter Angry At ‘Hypocritical’ Yankees For Irene Scheduling Saga-Is Buck correct?

In Response to Re: Orioles’ Buck Showalter Angry At ‘Hypocritical’ Yankees For Irene Scheduling Saga-Is Buck correct?:
    Its too bad the majority of you prefer to be on the side of the enemy. Are we talking about the same team who's third baseman tried to slap the ball out of Arroyos hand? Had he got away with it we would not have won the 2004 WS, but hey lets all feel bad because of a stupid double header.
    Posted by BurritoT

The Yankees are our rival. Al-Qaeda is our enemy.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

You sure about that? Seems the majority of Americans have forgotton about the enemy you speak of... I am here talking about basbeall and the Yankees are the enemy of my team. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Orioles’ Buck Showalter Angry At ‘Hypocritical’ Yankees For Irene Scheduling Saga-Is Buck correct?:
    You sure about that? Seems the majority of Americans have forgotton about the enemy you speak of... I am here talking about basbeall and the Yankees are the enemy of my team. 
    Posted by BurritoT

To each his own, the old lady said as she kissed the cow.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Hmmm....isn't this a Red Sox site?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

There was a ticketing issue as well - Baltimore would have had to schedule a Yankee game on a Friday afternoon with less than 24 hours notice.  I'm sure that would have resulted in a lot of lost revenue.

I don't know if Girardi was right wrong, but it seems like everybody else just plays where and when they are told.  Ironically, the team that leads the league in player investigations is the one doing the squawking.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Hmmm....isn't this a Red Sox site?
    Posted by walk2run

Actually, it's more of a Boston Newspaper website that is read by either people who live in MA or people who used to live in MA and want to keep up with what's happening locally.  Logically, the majority of the readers follow the local teams - in this case, the Red Sox.  If this was the Chicago Tribune site, it would be populated by White Sox or Cub fans.  If this was the L.A. Times, then Dodger or Angels fans...

But it's not an exclusive site - you don't have to be a fan of the Sox to get an account here.  You can be a Tigers fan, or love the Royals. 

Hope that helps!! :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

In Response to Re: Orioles’ Buck Showalter Angry At ‘Hypocritical’ Yankees For Irene Scheduling Saga-Is Buck correct? :   Oh, Yoshi...you make things seem so, ..umm, impossible....
    Posted by prknsdnld

Of course! I'm a girl!  I'm pretty sure that's in my job description!! :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moremo. Show moremo's posts

[QUOTE]

Ironically, the team that leads the league in player investigations is the one doing the squawking.

Ironically?

Because the league has squawked (your word fits better here) about a few Yankee players, they are forbidden to comment when the O's refuse to play a double header knowing full well that a hurricane is about mess up the schedule?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

Just remember this is the guy who made the O's look so damn good at the end of the season last year. Me thinks he maybe trying to look good in the eyes of O's fans with his talk of disrespecting Flanagan. Considering they are doing worse than when he took over last year.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida

another example of how a bad team can make a good manager look terrible.

tito's an example of how a very good team can make a terrible manager look good.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In Response to Re: Orioles’ Buck Showalter Angry At ‘Hypocritical’ Yankees For Irene Scheduling Saga-Is Buck correct? : LOL! You know the rules...hit a home run for the Sox and we'll talk!
    Posted by Yoshimi25

good gawd lady! talk about what? a yankee fan marrying you????? where did I put my katana????????

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from murphylo. Show murphylo's posts

I live here in Baltimore and what really ticked the O's off was that the Yankees went crying to the commissioner before even talking to the Oriole's.  I'm sure what really ticks the Yankees off is that the commissioner didn't jump when they told him to!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

It seems like nothing sits well with Buc these days. Somehow hes gone from a good manager to a grumpy old man????? Cant Hack it in the East I guess

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

In Response to Re: Orioles’ Buck Showalter Angry At ‘Hypocritical’ Yankees For Irene Scheduling Saga-Is Buck correct? : Actually, it's more of a Boston Newspaper website that is read by either people who live in MA or people who used to live in MA and want to keep up with what's happening locally.  Logically, the majority of the readers follow the local teams - in this case, the Red Sox.  If this was the Chicago Tribune site, it would be populated by White Sox or Cub fans.  If this was the L.A. Times, then Dodger or Angels fans... But it's not an exclusive site - you don't have to be a fan of the Sox to get an account here.  You can be a Tigers fan, or love the Royals.  Hope that helps!! :)
    Posted by Yoshimi25

nice response yoshimi,

but i don't think the silly question deserved the time and effort you put into answering it.
    "isn't this a red sox site" is as mundane as "are you a troll?"
    you should get mean sometimes.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

I live here in Baltimore and what really ticked the O's off was that the Yankees went crying to the commissioner before even talking to the Oriole's.  I'm sure what really ticks the Yankees off is that the commissioner didn't jump when they told him to!
    Posted by murphylo

i doubt if bud selig could jump even if he was on a steady dose of steroids.
    as for the yankees, screw them!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

It seems like nothing sits well with Buc these days. Somehow hes gone from a good manager to a grumpy old man????? Cant Hack it in the East I guess
    Posted by redsoxlaxer12

lucky for them they don't have theo as GM. with their limited payroll, not only would they still stink, they'd also be broke.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Orioles’ Buck Showalter Angry At ‘Hypocritical’ Yankees For Irene Scheduling Saga-Is Buck correct? : lucky for them they don't have theo as GM. with their limited payroll, not only would they still stink, they'd also be broke.
    Posted by theYAZZER

I actually think Theo might do much better in a small market/limited payroll situation.  The sox drafting, player development have been the hallmark of Theo's regime.  indeed, they have offered balance to the perhpas wanton FA spending.  He is also good at finding value guys like Aceves.  If he lacks acumen in signing the tier 1 free agents, he is very solid in these other departments.  So, a small market gig would emphasize his strengths and eliminate his (supposed) weakness by necessity.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

The Yanks are more upset about the O's rescheduling a rainout to Sept. 8th, costing Yanks an off-day. It means the Yanks will have to play their remaining 30 games in 30 days.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Buck is a sideshow at this point.  The Flannagan situation is sad, tragic, etc... but it doesn't prevent a double-header from being played.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

In Response to Re: Orioles’ Buck Showalter Angry At ‘Hypocritical’ Yankees For Irene Scheduling Saga-Is Buck correct? : good gawd lady! talk about what? a yankee fan marrying you????? where did I put my katana????????
    Posted by Hammah29r2

lol!  I don't know why, but that reminds me of the time my ex husband and I were sparring (he has done theatrical fencing - that is the sum total of his training) - and he was holding his shinai like an epee and his feet were on a straight line.  After I pushed him down a few times he still didn't get it and I had to at least correct his stance.....

...pretty sure a match between you and I would not be so lopsided.  :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: Orioles’ Buck Showalter Angry At ‘Hypocritical’ Yankees For Irene Scheduling Saga-Is Buck correct? : I actually think Theo might do much better in a small market/limited payroll situation.  The sox drafting, player development have been the hallmark of Theo's regime.  indeed, they have offered balance to the perhpas wanton FA spending.  He is also good at finding value guys like Aceves.  If he lacks acumen in signing the tier 1 free agents, he is very solid in these other departments.  So, a small market gig would emphasize his strengths and eliminate his (supposed) weakness by necessity.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

Actually a pretty good point.  Take out Lugo, Renteria, Drew, Cameron (is he a "value guy"?) Dice K, Lowell 2.0, potentially Crawford, potentially Lackey, and Theo's only really made a few bad decisions.  His track record with the farm system success is undeniable.

If the Cubs really want Theo they might be wise to work in a clause that Theo gets to take Mr. Henry's checkbook with him, or they simply make him "Director of talent development and GM for players making less than 5 million a year".

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from murphylo. Show murphylo's posts

No matter what the Yankee's are mad at they should have talked to the O's first before they started whining to the press and the commissioner!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

ah so! me thinks you misunderstand. the katana is for the yankee fan who asked you to marry him. you said, hit a homerun for the sox and then we'll talk. when I was coming up through the ranks my head instructor would always want me to spar with his daughter who also happened to be a  black belt. I was a green belt at the time and my skill wasn't even close to hers trying to out duel her with the wooden swords....neither was my concentration and focus as seeing she had long hair that she would put in a ponytail that went down below her belt. a thousand pardons for the misunderstanding.

(hammah bowing to Youshimi)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yukon-Cornelius. Show Yukon-Cornelius's posts

Just out of curiosity, what if the Yankees had agreed to cover the cost of the gate for the doubleheader game that had to be rescheduled on short notice.  They have more money than they know what to do with - surely this may have helped Baltimore decide to go with the doubleheader, no?

Sections
Shortcuts