Orioles and Rays

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

Orioles and Rays

I felt that Rays would pass O's, but they just don't hit. They have lost 4 1-0 games. They may get healthy against the Cookie, but they have some talented players who will possibly fly the coop. O's may not be a flash in the pan. RS are going to lose more games since the 1966 team. That team rebounded in spades. Does this RS taem have the will to match '67?

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Orioles and Rays

Could it be that there's a serious flaw in the approach of Friedman and the mighty Rays' organization?  They continue to pitch great and hit lousy.  It doesn't quite get it done, and it's boring for their 'fans' as well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Could it be that there's a serious flaw in the approach of Friedman and the mighty Rays' organization?  They continue to pitch great and hit lousy.  It doesn't quite get it done, and it's boring for their 'fans' as well.

[/QUOTE]

What fans?? Maybe if their fans showed up at the park on occasion, then Friedman could afford to get some hitters, plus it would be helpful to get their best player on the field every game again.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

It may be a flaw--most on the board looks for balance--pitching and hitting.

With Longoria in the lineup it changes the stress for opposing pitchers: facing Jennings, Upton, Zobrist, Longoria, Joyce, Scott, Pena. They are relatively young, run the bases and can put some pressure on. Longoria out of the Rays lineup is the Sox without their power threat--the team is a shadow of itself. 

The O's have a pretty balanced lineup that I think can withstand a hit--Ex. Markakis goes down late-they weren't looking for a power surge they needed someone with stability that could play D and have a modest amount of offense--Nate McCloth. If Weiters goes down that may be another story. They have enough O and they have the pitching balance.

The Sox taking Ortiz out, AGon out, CC out and Middlebrook out---that's a major power outage and with weak pitching  and a manager that caused friction on the field and in the clubhouse; the team was doomed. To make matters worse the manager lost control of his team and never had a relationship with his coaches. Last place with a Ray of Hope--the Jays are in flux as well. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What fans?  They must have the worst attendance record of a team that every year always has a chance of making the playoffs.  I really believe MLB made a mistake by starting a franchise in Florida.  Although, the Marlins attendance is slightly better. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

In response to boboinfla's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I felt that Rays would pass O's, but they just don't hit. They have lost 4 1-0 games. They may get healthy against the Cookie, but they have some talented players who will possibly fly the coop. O's may not be a flash in the pan. RS are going to lose more games since the 1966 team. That team rebounded in spades. Does this RS taem have the will to match '67?

While the team may have the will it certainly doesn't have the potential to be better at this point in time.  The winter FA market acquisitions and trades will determine how this team reacts next year.

[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to TrotterNixon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

felt that Rays would pass O's, but they just don't hit.

There's another idiot on here who felt the Rays would pass the Yankees. Something about how great there pitching was

[/QUOTE]

Rays have best pitching MLB but can not hit which is what I said back in ST. Pena can not just hit 30 HRs mostly solo shots and hit 200. They got Luke Scott instead of keeping Damon. The have one bonafide hitter Longoria who can hit over 280 all the rest are 250 or less.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to TrotterNixon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

felt that Rays would pass O's, but they just don't hit.

There's another idiot on here who felt the Rays would pass the Yankees. Something about how great there pitching was.

[/QUOTE]

There's more than one idiot.

I know of one who predicted the Rays over the Yankees the past 2 years.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

The Ray's have w/o doubt the best pitching in the AL. Only an idiot would debate that fact. They just stopped hitting. Which brings us to the same poster that had Montero tearing up the league with his bat and glove ie. another J.Bench. Not to mention the 3 killer bees, Melancon,Reddick, etc,etc.......... That's ok. It comes with age. It's the second thing to go I'am told.  Have a good day Pop's making the donuts. I'll catch one for you today.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Funny I didn't mention the idiot who picked Tampa 2 years running.

Gee it could have been another idiot.

Duh yeah we all knew Tampa had pitching and no bats and why we didn't pick them.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to FenwayJimmy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Funny I didn't mention the idiot who picked Tampa 2 years running.

Gee it could have been another idiot.

Duh yeah we all knew Tampa had pitching and no bats and why we didn't pick them.

[/QUOTE]

We?? What are you talking About??

[/QUOTE]

I say idiot and pike appears.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to FenwayJimmy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why do some responses read like a novel. When  I respond. I respond to ONE post and the result is short and easy to read. I don't get this new setup.

[/QUOTE]

Copy and paste just the post you want to respond to. Otherwise, it is going to copy all of the responses to that post along with the one you are respondng to.