Orioles sign Cano !!!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Orioles sign Cano !!!

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

100% in the bank! 

more likely that they sign Ellsbury. His numbers @ Camden yards are pretty damn good.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Nay, waht if they sign both?

People forget that Angleos once upon a time tried to buy a championship.... he is very old now.... now or never.

That would be big wishful thinking for O's fans. He's a cheap old man who ran that team into the ground. O's fans hate him like B's fans hated Jacobs. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

People forget that Angleos once upon a time tried to buy a championship.... he is very old now.... now or never.

The Yankees will make a very strong play for Cano My guess is 25M per with a minimum of 6 years guaranteed will likely be the starting point. Not sure the Orioles will be players for him or Ellsbury. They already have a pretty good center fielder in Adam Jones who's under contract through 2018 making some serious coin..

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

You say "buy a championship" like this is something the Red Sox would never attempt.

Ever since John Henry took over, this team has been in the top four highest salaried tems in MLB.

So, it would be a crime if Baltimore does it?

Teams have been "buying" championships ever since Babe Ruth was "sold" to the Yankees.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

You say "buy a championship" like this is something the Red Sox would never attempt.

Ever since John Henry took over, this team has been in the top four highest salaried tems in MLB.

Teams have been "buying" championships ever since Babe Ruth was "sold" to the Yankees.

ZILLY, please, it is a crime to try and educate this board with common sense !!!!  >>>> HUMOR  !!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Cano is a good fit, and now that Baltimore is relevant and filling the stands I can see them making a splash in FA.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

Cano is a good fit, and now that Baltimore is relevant and filling the stands I can see them making a splash in FA.

I don't disagree that he'd be a good fit for the Orioles and about 28 other teams. Just don't see the Yankees letting him get away, no one including the Dodgers will out bid them if Cano is open to returning. I've heard little to suggest that he aside from excorcising his right to listen to offers is looking to go elsewhere. 

The Orioles might be in the market for an impact starting pitcher and I could see them in on one or two of this winters of the top arms. Given the market they play in they have the cash to be players on any and all free agents. I doubt they'd get into a bidding war with the Yanks and come out on top...the might drive up the price but in the end all the yanks would do is add another year and a couple of million to the AAV as has been there MO when they identify a player they want...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

You underestimate the power of the dark side.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

It's not a good plan unless one or both of them learns to pitch...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Could you imagine da yankees without Cano?  He's like a man playing amongst boys on that team. 

Let's hope ARoids gets his suspension cut in half - that would hamper the yankees ability to get into a bidding war for Cano and if they did get him they would be overpaying, yet again........but hey, that strategy has worked out great for Cashman so far!!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Cano - Yankees.

The market for Ellsbury is tougher to predict.   Giants, Angels (yes, Angels!), Cubs, White Sox, or the Red Sox.  Add Yankees if Cano signs elsewhere...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

It has never been more apparent that the Yankees really need to get younger and signing Cano more than 4 years at big money may not interest them anymore.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It would be a crime if it worked, because we'd have to watch Baltimore win the WS. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:

[QUOTE]

I don't disagree that he'd be a good fit for the Orioles and about 28 other teams. Just don't see the Yankees letting him get away, no one including the Dodgers will out bid them if Cano is open to returning. I've heard little to suggest that he aside from excorcising his right to listen to offers is looking to go elsewhere. 

The Orioles might be in the market for an impact starting pitcher and I could see them in on one or two of this winters of the top arms. Given the market they play in they have the cash to be players on any and all free agents. I doubt they'd get into a bidding war with the Yanks and come out on top...the might drive up the price but in the end all the yanks would do is add another year and a couple of million to the AAV as has been there MO when they identify a player they want...

[/QUOTE]

Good, let the Yankees pay even more money to maintain the staus quo, an aging staus quo.  And hopefully they have to give him so much they will regret it in several years.   If AROD wins his a appeal and Cano is making 20+ that team is seriously handicapped.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

Really?

Did you forget who owns the O's?

Dodgers will land Cano or NY will have to dedicate their entire budget to keep him in pinstripes.

I can see the Sox getting involved if only to stick it to the yanks.

Boston would move Cano to first base.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:

[QUOTE]

Really?

Dodgers will land Cano or NY will have to dedicate their entire budget to keep him in pinstripes.

[/QUOTE]

Did you forget that mid market teams have recently become flush with cash? whether it's increased attendance or new TV deals.  Remember when everybody was shocked when Washington swooped in and signed Jason Werth?  I'm not saying its a lock I'm saying he would be a great fit on that team and if the Orioles are looking to make a big splash then I can see them doing it.  The Orioles can afford it.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

Really?

Did you forget that mid market teams have recently become flush with cash? whether it's increased attendance or new TV deals.  Remember when everybody was shocked when Washington swooped in and signed Jason Werth?  I'm not saying its a lock I'm saying he would be a great fit on that team and if the Orioles are looking to make a big splash then I can see them doing it.  The Orioles can afford it.

No question the O's can afford it. They have always been able to. Again I point to the owner. Tight fisted old fool isn't about to change his spending habits. After last years success did he go out in free agency and spend for their biggest need (starting pitching)? No.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

Really?

No question the O's can afford it. They have always been able to. Again I point to the owner. Tight fisted old fool isn't about to change his spending habits. After last years success did he go out in free agency and spend for their biggest need (starting pitching)? No.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe because he's smart and realized no one was worth it, just like BEN C. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Really?

[/QUOTE]

Maybe because he's smart and realized no one was worth it, just like BEN C. 

[/QUOTE]

right. we said in the offseason that there was no one worth spending big on. it stands to reason that other teams not named the LAD would follow suit.