Orioles-Yankees ALDS Game Thread #1 10/7/12

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Re: Orioles-Yankees ALDS Game Thread #1 10/7/12

Rain delay could push it towards an 8 PM start....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Yanks up 6-2 in the ninth.....Looks like they could win the opener...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Fish aren't biting tonight. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

CC dominant...Huge win for the Yanks...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to Soxchemistry's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sounds like what the captain of a fishing boat would say after he chumed gick / bait overboard for an hour in Boston Harbor. Normally trolling for sucker fish with bait works but the fish must be getting smarter. Those Yankee fishermen however are a stubborn bunch. They will replace the gick / BS with something else and back tomorrow.  Poor Denny sounds bored and upset that the bait didn't work.

[/QUOTE]

It would have worked better if the NYY lost, since that is something RSN can identify with better. BTW, how do you decide which moniker to use pike? Do you roll them out akin to when somebody decides what to wear on a given morning from an elaborate wardrobe on a whim, or is it planned out ahead of time?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to Soxchemistry's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sounds like what the captain of a fishing boat would say after he chumed gick / bait overboard for an hour in Boston Harbor. Normally trolling for sucker fish with bait works but the fish must be getting smarter. Those Yankee fishermen however are a stubborn bunch. They will replace the gick / BS with something else and back tomorrow.  Poor Denny sounds bored and upset that the bait didn't work.

[/QUOTE]

I am not at all upset that the bait didn't work. You may be missing the point.  Maybe you and Teil can get together and try a different bait.  I am utterly shocked that the gutty , gritty Yankees were able to somehow pull off the upset of the powerful Orioles. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

This game bodes well for the Yanks long term chances.....But it is still VERY EARLY...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Russell Martin had a great game, not only because of the 9th inning HR but because of his defense behind the plate in the 5th inning...He blocked a couple of wld balls from CC...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Pretty lame over all. A Yankee thread started in the Sox forum by a NYY fan? I mean, I get the Rangers/O's thread Jbay started the other night, there was nothing else going on. But this? Lame city my friend, why do you not do this on  NYY forum? Could it be because you like the idea of rubbing it in our faces some? Little do you seem to know that beyond pointing out how silly this thread is, we dont care--because like you, we also know your team is not going to win the WS. Prob'ly explains why mine is only the 13th post. Im actually with pike on this one. This is dumb, mods really must be asleep.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pretty lame over all. A Yankee thread started in the Sox forum by a NYY fan? I mean, I get the Rangers/O's thread Jbay started the other night, there was nothing else going on. But this? Lame city my friend, why do you not do this on  NYY forum? Could it be because you like the idea of rubbing it in our faces some? Little do you seem to know that beyond pointing out how silly this thread is, we dont care--because like you, we also know your team is not going to win the WS. Prob'ly explains why mine is only the 13th post. Im actually with pike on this one. This is dumb, mods really must be asleep.

[/QUOTE]

Exam,

While I agree with your premise that this thread is ill placed, do you have a crystal ball nobody else has about the NYY PS chances? If so, maybe you can help me with next yr's Kentucky Derby. Because while it appears the NYY are quite flawed, it is not impossible for them to win, and FWIW they have been quite gritty of late; it appears perhaps you would like to think it is impossible for whatever self consoling reason. Do I need to remind that you said something similar about last yr's Super Bowl?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Thanks, nh...I understand where you are coming from exam but if the Yanks had gotten beat up early, this thread would have been far more lively......I love baseball and I love this forum...Not about rubbing it in faces....That being said, the Red Sox and this forum will be hurting for a while....Not so sure that the best thing for this forum is to exterminate all Yankee fans,about 20% of the BDC.RS forum population....Still, I imagine it feels like gloating.....Hopefully, in a few years time the RS will have a competitive team again...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to GreenPartyCelt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thanks, nh...I understand where you are coming from exam but if the Yanks had gotten beat up early, this thread would have been far more lively......I love baseball and I love this forum...Not about rubbing it in faces....That being said, the Red Sox and this forum will be hurting for a while....Not so sure that the best thing for this forum is to exterminate all Yankee fans,about 20% of the BDC.RS forum population....Still, I imagine it feels like gloating.....Hopefully, in a few years time the RS will have a competitive team again...

[/QUOTE]

IMO you're not gloating; however, starting this thread was inappropriate. That has nothing to do with the fact that there is a large minority of NYY fans here. If a RS fan wanted to start a thread about a game that doesn't involve the RS, that's a different story. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kirbyrob. Show kirbyrob's posts

In response to FenwayJimmy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

#1 - there is a separate sub-forum for gamethreads.

#2 - This is not a Red Sox gamethread.

#3 - This gamethread was started by a Yankee fan.

#4 - Moderator must be sleeping.

[/QUOTE]

Just because the Bosox failed to make the playoffs (or get to .500; or be a sucess at ALL this season - or even stop that "laughingstock" stuff) doesnt mean October isn't here.
    Lots of people are reading GOOD sports sights - including the Globe - today. Granted, Yankees-Orioles HAS GOT TO STING, but non the less.... :-)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

IMO you're not gloating; however, starting this thread was inappropriate. That has nothing to do with the fact that there is a large minority of NYY fans here. If a RS fan wanted to start a thread about a game that doesn't involve the RS, that's a different story. 

[/QUOTE]

Okay...I guess I crossed the line...And it makes sense, nh and exam...My apologies...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prknsdnld. Show prknsdnld's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Okay, so why don't you start a game 2 thread tonight?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So am I. The gamethread Friday was because a few regular gamethreaders were commenting about the infield fly rule on another thread and it carried over to the AL Wildcard. Congrats on the Reds, Exam. looks like theyre on their was to the ALDS and beyond. Arroyo pitched one of the best of his career and they are hitting that white round thing with the stiches, again. Off the Fenway today. Looking forward to taking the tour again and all it has to offer. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Exam,

While I agree with your premise that this thread is ill placed, do you have a crystal ball nobody else has about the NYY PS chances? If so, maybe you can help me with next yr's Kentucky Derby. Because while it appears the NYY are quite flawed, it is not impossible for them to win, and FWIW they have been quite gritty of late; it appears perhaps you would like to think it is impossible for whatever self consoling reason. Do I need to remind that you said something similar about last yr's Super Bowl?

[/QUOTE]

So defensive nh. Must have hit close to the truth with his one. Youre not going to win the WS, its not a crystal ball, its just common sense. "Self consoling", I have no idea what you even mean. I hate the Yankees, have for years, I dont need to self consol myself for anything related to the Red Sox. I hated NY before I even started following the Sox. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So am I. The gamethread Friday was because a few regular gamethreaders were commenting about the infield fly rule on another thread and it carried over to the AL Wildcard. Congrats on the Reds, Exam. looks like theyre on their was to the ALDS and beyond. Arroyo pitched one of the best of his career and they are hitting that white round thing with the stiches, again. Off the Fenway today. Looking forward to taking the tour again and all it has to offer. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they look strong so far. Im surprised at how well theyve hit. Lets knock off NYY in the WS. What say you? Although, putting up with them getting there would be insufferable, so maybe not. But a tough road ahead, hopefully finish SF, then the nlcs will be tough also. Nats and Cards are a challenge either way.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Hope it's not against the cards, for your sake, exam. Not that I would expect it, but losing to them would be as bad as the Sox losing to the NYY. Reds have enough to run the table this year. Wouldnt mind seeing it, ABY. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Exam,

[/QUOTE]

So defensive nh. Must have hit close to the truth with his one. Youre not going to win the WS, its not a crystal ball, its just common sense. "Self consoling", I have no idea what you even mean. I hate the Yankees, have for years, I dont need to self consol myself for anything related to the Red Sox. I hated NY before I even started following the Sox. 

[/QUOTE]

Not defensive at all; I don't think they're going to win myself as illustrated by my statement that the NYY as flawed. As a result, and given the other content, it appears this is the case of the pot calling the kettle. In sports, no one could possibly know what is going to happen; I don't see how it's common sense to say so otherwise.