Ortiz and Drew and their 2013 contracts costing about 37 million for for 2013 will start the Season on the DL

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Re: Ortiz and Drew and their 2013 contracts costing about 37 million for for 2013 will start the Season on the DL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Ortiz and Drew and their 2013 contracts costing about 37 million for for 2013 will start the Season on the DL

2013:

Papi $15M

+

Drew $9.5M

=

$24.5M

not $37M, or are we taklking median average salary here?

My old math teacher would have asked you to "show your work".

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

2013:

Papi $15M

+

Drew $9.5M

=

$24.5M

not $37M, or are we taklking median average salary here?

My old math teacher would have asked you to "show your work".

my old math teacher hit me over the head with a clipboard. but boy did i learn the quadratic formula pretty quickly..

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Must be nice just to make up any headline you wish--not nice softy--an editor would be fired for something like that. I would say let's go back to basics but I'm a little too old for that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

maybe Softy Esq. added pain and suffering to the cost of having to watch these guys get paid on the DL?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Come on, give him some credit. He's right on none of this.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Wow u guys grew up during a time where teachers could slap you around and get away with it. Now if I call someone a clown on the Internet it gets deleted as being hateful. 

Catholic Nuns and priests would hit as would Brothers (similar to priests).public school principals had paddles with holes in them. My brother found out they would use it. He also found out mom droid a lot e worse when he got home and was on the principals side. I had a 3rd grade teacher that would grab you and shake you if youpissed her of.also had a 4th grade teacher who was as big as a LB never pissed her off. Yeah there was a time corporal punishment was allowed in schoolsin schools

I had an algebra teacher that used to peg people in the head with a chalkboard eraser. But if you got in a fight at recess he wouldn't punish you if you won. :-)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

So, how long will these 37 million dollar contract be on the DL?

Funny that you would ask a question no one can answer.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

it is still a lot of money to have on the dl on opening day.  at least one of the two does not seem in a rush to get back into the line up

How's that?  Ortiz is doing as much as he can.  Drew has a concussion from getting hit in the head.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Drew is waiting to get cleared by MLB, who said he is going on the DL? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Wow u guys grew up during a time where teachers could slap you around and get away with it. Now if I call someone a clown on the Internet it gets deleted as being hateful. 

Catholic Nuns and priests would hit as would Brothers (similar to priests).public school principals had paddles with holes in them. My brother found out they would use it. He also found out mom droid a lot e worse when he got home and was on the principals side. I had a 3rd grade teacher that would grab you and shake you if youpissed her of.also had a 4th grade teacher who was as big as a LB never pissed her off. Yeah there was a time corporal punishment was allowed in schoolsin schools

I had an algebra teacher that used to peg people in the head with a chalkboard eraser. But if you got in a fight at recess he wouldn't punish you if you won. :-)

Yeah, Franciscan nuns for me in grade school. Corporal punishment wasn't only expected, it was encouraged!  But, I have to admit that everyone in my class who went to the local public high school excelled.  The valedictorian was in our class...got a full boat to Smith College.

No discipline problems at all.  If one kid didn't eat his whole lunch in the cafeteria(mandatory), everyone sat in silence until they finished.  This could include the whole recess period.  You talk about peer pressure for the kid who didn't eat all his peas!

The nuns favorite device was a length of narrow oak floorboard hanging from their habit and used across the knuckles or palms of your hand.

I'll tell you what though, when we went to high school, we knew more than most of the teachers.  I didn't get a 'B' until my junior year when 'contaminated' by the other kids..LOL

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Luccianno's can't spin this one !!!

The OP is wrong.

Therefore, there's no reason to "spin" it.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts