Ortiz and Drew and their 2013 contracts costing about 37 million for for 2013 will start the Season on the DL

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: Ortiz and Drew and their 2013 contracts costing about 37 million for for 2013 will start the Season on the DL

In response to jackbu's comment:

how is the op wrong?  No doubt neither one will be ready opening day and the options are McCoy, stay in florida or sit on the red sox bench.  Sitting on the red sox bench will do no good for Ortiz.

What's 14 + 9.5?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Ortiz and Drew and their 2013 contracts costing about 37 million for for 2013 will start the Season on the DL

In response to moonslav59's comment:

2013:

Papi $15M

+

Drew $9.5M

=

$24.5M

not $37M, or are we taklking median average salary here?

My old math teacher would have asked you to "show your work".

Actually, Papi is making 14M this year

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

2013:

Papi $15M

+

Drew $9.5M

=

$24.5M

Yup. 11M next year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

2013:

Papi $15M

+

Drew $9.5M

=

$24.5M

Yup. 11M next year.

and if he spends more than 3 weeks on the DL due to the achillies, he loses 4M

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

2013:

Papi $15M

+

Drew $9.5M

=

$24.5M

Yup. 11M next year.

Yup.
    But, other than all that, the OP nailed it! ;-)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

I've learned two things from this intellecually superior thread. How to round to the nearest 12 million and beatings are good for learning. Perhaps softlaws problems with math stems from a lack of beatings during his elementary school education.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to devildavid's comment:

I've learned two things from this intellecually superior thread. How to round to the nearest 12 million and beatings are good for learning. Perhaps softlaws problems with math stems from a lack of beatings during his elementary school education.

Good one. I was actually thinking the same thing. He obviously didn't go to school in Massachusetts. My old algebra teacher would have beaned him in the back of the head with a chalkboard eraser. :-)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

In response to devildavid's comment:

Good one. I was actually thinking the same thing. He obviously didn't go to school in Massachusetts. My old algebra teacher would have beaned him in the back of the head with a chalkboard eraser. :-)

I had a Geometry teacher that did the same thing.

The good ol' days, when a little abuse and embarrassment was good for you. lol

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

2013:

Papi $15M

+

Drew $9.5M

=

$24.5M

I counted the $1M signing bonus on this year, since he already got paid that million.

Either way: 15+ 9.5 or 14+ 9.5 does not equal $37M in 2013.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

2013:

Papi $15M

+

Drew $9.5M

=

$24.5M

Yup. 11M next year.

I don't see that. All I see is this: he can gain $4M if he stays off the DL

• 2 years/$26M (2013-14)
    • re-signed by Boston as a free agent 11/2/12
    • $1M signing bonus
    • 13:$14M, 14:$11M
    • 2014 salary may increase to $13M or $15M based on days on active roster in 2013 ($15M if he spends 20 days or fewer on the disabled list with pre-existing Achilles injury)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

You captious numnuts are unable to comprehend 26 million plus contract for Ortiz and 10 million contract for Drew.

This is too funy!

1) 26+10 does not equal 37 either.

2) Drew is making $9.5M not $10M.

3) Your thread title says $37M for 2013, not $37 for 2013 and 2014. It is actually $26M + $9.5M for $35.5M for 2013-2014.

Just admit you made a boo boo with the years, the numbers, and your back-tracking drivel.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Just admit that 9.5 for Drew and 26 for Ortiz is embarrassing and not worth a captious comment about how it doesn't total exactly 37 million. The contracts aren't bifurcrated, they are 2013 contracts that cost around 37 million. And they will start the season on the disabled list.

Folks, notice how this devolved into an ad hom attack on "your match isn't right". No, the Red Sox math is embarrassingly wrong.

It's not an ad hom attack.

You said the 2 players cost us $37M for 2013. You are way off on 2013, and still $1.5M off if you count 2014 as part of 2013.

I have already admitted the deals were wrong.  Along with SV's and Dempster's.

Stop trying to wiggle out of misstatements and faulty math.

Admit your mistake and get on with more drivel, misstatements, faulty math and misrepresentations of everyone's points of view.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Just admit that 9.5 for Drew and 26 for Ortiz is embarrassing and not worth a captious comment about how it doesn't total exactly 37 million. The contracts aren't bifurcrated, they are 2013 contracts that cost around 37 million. And they will start the season on the disabled list.

Folks, notice how this devolved into an ad hom attack on "your match isn't right". No, the Red Sox math is embarrassingly wrong.

SOffty,   i'll stand with ya........  We can get Gerome, 2004IDIO and a couple of other good PATRIOTS too !!!!  13 days at the Alamo !!!

What does faulty math haveto do with patriotism?

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Everyone makes mistakes, and math mistakes are common, however, soty's "math mistakes" are always on the side that makes his point stronger if true, so it lead me to believe that it is done on purpose. It is propaganda that some are now confusing with patriotism.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Everyone makes mistakes, and math mistakes are common, however, soty's "math mistakes" are always on the side that makes his point stronger if true, so it lead me to believe that it is done on purpose. It is propaganda that some are now confusing with patriotism.

MOON,  Please, after 32,000 great posts, please do not circle with the group that DEMONIZES   SOFFTY...........   Softlaw is a good man & knows his stuff.........  I thought that you were beyond that !!

softy is a liar, a racist, and has been wrong on about 90% of his baseball positions over the last 2-3 years. He has misrepresented the facts numerous times. He misrepresents posters positions over and over. He turns great baseball threads into political drivel.

He started a thread that said we are paying these 2 guys $37M in 2013, when it is actually $24.5M if you count the bonus or $35.5M if you count 2013 and 2014. I pointed out his mistake, and he did everything but admit it. For this, you heap praise on him? I thought you were "beyond that".

BILL, just because you agree with his warped politics, does not mean he is right about baseball or math. It's Ok to disagree with him just once; he may call you a menatl midget, but you're tough enough to withstand that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Who cares about the exact amount? The bottom line is that they will both start the season on the DL.

Sections
Shortcuts