Ortiz blames media for being hit by pitch-Do you agree with him?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Re: Ortiz blames media for being hit by pitch-Do you agree with him?

Being in CT allows Red Sox fans down here a chance to listen to the WFAN and mostly Mike Francessa a devout Yankee fan, to open his show on Weds. he called out most of Yanks for 5mins to open show, basically calling them cowards and that Red Sox pitchers have been nailing Yankee batters for years, basically said Pedro made career out of hitting Yanks. Under Torre the Yanks would not retaliate. More telling went to last nights game and the fans were basically chanting for it in the stands. Told couple of friends that I actually thought Beckett would get tossed, knew Papi was going to be hit and warnings would be issued and Beckett would still get equalizer. Guess they got better equalizer, 7 runs off Yanks and CC in the 7th. Took train to game and most talk from Yankee fans is that the Red Sox are the far superior team. Who's your Daddy?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

"bears repeating. ORTIZ is a bum."--oamlfo

the only 'BEARS" your goofy looking avatar is aware of is the ones she shoots from a helicopter.
    at least you now know how to spell "bum."
    the board is proud of you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

why? did you think it was spelled "bares repeating?"
    if you are confused, just right "bears repeating" on your hand.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Ortiz blames media for being hit by pitch-Do you agree with him?:
    [QUOTE]why? did you think it was spelled "bares repeating?" if you are confused, just right "bears repeating" on your hand.
    Posted by --the--yazzer[/QUOTE]
     wait, now I'm confused.  Should he right it, or write it?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

got me, spaceman. nice find.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Ortiz blames media for being hit by pitch-Do you agree with him?:
    [QUOTE]got me, spaceman. nice find.

Wink  Tongue out  wouldn't normally be a nerd about such things, but you were being all smarty pants about 'bears' ... plus, I'm still waiting for that grammar lesson ...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

What outlet does CC work for? Oh, ya the YES NETWORK, forgot...it was the media indirectly...sure...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ortiz blames media for being hit by pitch-Do you agree with him? : Top 11 active games played leaders, followed by HBP in parentheses (Manny excluded, no longer active) source:  http://www.baseball-reference.com/leaders/G_active.shtml Omar Vizquel (49) Ivan Rodriguez (58) Jim Thome (68) Alex Rodriguez (155) Derek Jeter (156) Johnny Damon (44) Chipper Jones (17) Bobby Abreu (33) Edgar Renteria (30) Miguel Tejada (119) Jason Giambi (172) Giambi, Rodriguez & Jeter account for more than the rest of the list combined.

Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

And Giambi and Arod played half their careers elsewhere as I already pointed out.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ortiz blames media for being hit by pitch-Do you agree with him? :      wouldn't normally be a nerd about such things, but you were being all smarty pants about 'bears' ... plus, I'm still waiting for that grammar lesson ...
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

no grammar lesson; i'm not qualified.
    as far as the "bears' thing; i just have a huge dislike of ms palin.
    she, like george w. before her, is making "BEING STUPID" something to be proud of.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ortiz blames media for being hit by pitch-Do you agree with him? : no grammar lesson; i'm not qualified. as far as the "bears' thing; i just have a huge dislike of ms palin. she, like george w. before her, is making "BEING STUPID" something to be proud of.

but i do hope she runs in 2012.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

so does BILL MAHER and most other comedians. with sarah palin, as with george w., the comedy writes itself.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ortiz blames media for being hit by pitch-Do you agree with him? : You can take away half their careers and they are still among the active leaders in HBPs.  A-Rod = 88 with the Yankees, Giambi = 109

Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

Now let's subtract how many times they were hit by red flops' pitchers and see where they would rank.