Ortiz embarrasses the Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

Ortiz embarrasses the Red Sox

That was so lame. Inside pitch waist high and he acts like a moron.No excuse. It`s baseball.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from therimrattler. Show therimrattler's posts

Re: Ortiz embarrasses the Red Sox

you must not have been watching the replays very closely.

ortiz was on his way to first without saying anything until gregg started mouthing off to him.  the home plate umpire actually ejected gregg for what he said while ortiz was still in foul ground.

gregg was clearly the instigator in this situation.  maybe poor sportsmanship on his part since HIS team was down by seven at the time and had lost the night before as well?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I know its frustrating to be a O's fans.  But cheer up O's fans, at least the Ravens are a good team.   lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

In Response to Ortiz embarrasses the Red Sox:
    [QUOTE] That was so lame. Inside pitch waist high and he acts like a moron.No excuse. It`s baseball.
    Posted by djbosox2004[/QUOTE]

You hanging out in the dugout tonight, Meat ? Got the whole picture, do ya ? 
    S T F U

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Would have liked to have seen Ortiz take the high road and not drop to the level of whoever the hell Kevin Gregg is.
    Bit of a reach saying he "embarrassed the Red Sox." Well, other than his pretty lame attempted punch.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE] That was so lame. Inside pitch waist high and he acts like a moron.No excuse. It`s baseball.

dj, what game were you watching?? 3 inside pitches and then a lazy fly out...then the pitcher provokes Ortiz by telling him to run to first...the moron here was Kevin Gregg...just ask the plate umpire who tossed him before the fight even started for opening his big mouth.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

The OP must have just watched ESPN and not the actual game...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

The op obviously doesnt know the game very well..or just didnt see everything..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cbfrogger. Show cbfrogger's posts

The Oriole way? What cra p from Buck Showalter...

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from billybang. Show billybang's posts

Roid Rage?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

DJBosox beat Softlaw to the punch with this thread. Anything to be contrary and draw attention to oneself.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

No excuse.  He's human.

For all the GREAT, GREAT stuff Papi's given us, you focus on a moment when he 
    shows a little too much...

Sheeeeess

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: Ortiz embarrasses the Red Sox:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Ortiz embarrasses the Red Sox :   I wish, one day, when a batter charges the mound, that the pitcher goes into ninja mode, freaks out , arms in the air, and charges the oncoming batter instead of running the other way.  What a collision that would be!  Ortiz is used to cookies being thrown to him, as DH's are. Looked like Gregg is tired of pu##y DH's......
    Posted by prknsdnld[/QUOTE]

Smoltz used to face up pretty good, sometimes.  (While in Atlanta.)

Hockey players and rugby players must laugh their heads off.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Ortiz is the man......didn't embarrass me....are there any embarrassed Sox fans out there?  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Didnt embarass me....but I am betting Torre suspends him for a couple of games...so that aint going to be good.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

I'm not embarrassed, however I do think it was an overreaction on the part of Ortiz. If you really want to shame Gregg, let him be the only guy ejected, which would have happened had Ortiz remained passive and allowed the umpires to handle the situation.

In my opinion, only violence should beget violence. Had Gregg intentionally beaned Ortiz, I'd be all for Ortiz charging the mound. But all that happened was Gregg pitching inside and then mouthing off. I don't think players, or anyone for that matter, should respond to mere verbal provocation with physical confrontation. It sets a poor example, it hurts the team (Ortiz will certainly be suspended, the Red Sox also lost Saltalamacchia), and it increases the likelihood of someone sustaining an injury.

I'm not a pacifist who believes that the players should never police themselves with occasional skirmishes; I love watching brawls in any sport. I just think the response should be proportionate to the precipitating action. Conserve aggressive intervention for situations that truly merit it. Sometimes the bigger man is the one who walks away.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]you must not have been watching the replays very closely. ortiz was on his way to first without saying anything until gregg started mouthing off to him.  Posted by therimrattler[/QUOTE]

I believe and agree with the OP was talking about how he acted

B4 the last pitch / pop up

one could argue ortiz should of been thrown out then

but then again why would one start a thread

an not defend what you said unless one was trolling

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]If he really wanted to hurt the guy, he would have. The pitcher was a needling pr*ck.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

LOL homer

so he missed with that punch on purpose

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

There were three pitches thrown towards David. I believe he reacted to the third one. Then he had the nerve to taunt him as he was walking to first base.

Personally, I think the guy (6'6" apparently) is used to doing what he wants and no one saying anything. Just like most people like that, he eventually picked the wrong person who wasn't intimidated by him. I have no problem with Ortiz at all.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Kevin Gregg went all "payroll" in his whine.  Hey Kevin, have some cheese with that whine.  The O's get folks to come to their building because of the Sox and Yanks.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ortiz embarrasses the Red Sox : LOL homer so he missed with that punch on purpose
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]

Do you have any idea what Papi could do to a person?
    He didn't throw the first punch. Watch the replay.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Sadly, Papi will be the one suspended.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

My guess is that it was all started by Showalter. When I mean "started," I'm not necessarily talking about the specifics of this situation, just that he conveyed to his players that they shouldn't be intimidated by the big bad Red Sox.  The O's had little to lose and everything to gain after being slapped around silly for two games with two more to play.  Big Papi took the bait, and had he connected with a punch, this would look a lot worse.