Ortiz: Farrell might be just the tonic that Aceves Needs

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Re: Ortiz: Farrell might be just the tonic that Aceves Needs

Why everyone thinks Farrell will turn around the pitching staff is a mystery to me. The team ERA got worse while he was PC.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why everyone thinks Farrell will turn around the pitching staff is a mystery to me. The team ERA got worse while he was PC.

[/QUOTE]

you cant attribute such a broad view to the success/failure of the PC... if a manager leaves a starter in too long that is not the fault of the PC. if a manager mishandles the BP that is not the fault of the PC...but both things will have an adverse affect on the team ERA.

and despite "how bad" our ERA was when he was our PC it got even worse after he left...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

It couldn't be any worse than under Bobby V.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to BarberNJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think that Ike missed the point of the article. Also, Farrell is not the pitching coach this year.

[/QUOTE]

HA! good point

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

aceves is a basket case...and im someone who really likes him - but he is batchit crazy and can never be a team player, just a team distraction

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to Seeger88's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I enjoyed that article, thanks.

[/QUOTE]

Did Seeger and Edgar go with you, pike?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

aceves is a basket case...and im someone who really likes him - but he is batchit crazy and can never be a team player, just a team distraction

[/QUOTE]

The whole damn team was crazy with Bobby V at the helm.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't buy that, Geo.  Maybe Aceves is a lost cause, unable to help a team....but I think not.  Managers and coaches aren't really paid to manage the Birds, Jeters, and Bradys of the world, they're paid to manage the Mannys, Aceveses, and Rickeys.  Aceves clearly has lots of talent and, over most of his career, has delivered lots of value.  Why give up now and sell low?  New manager, new PC, new environment, right role....let's try to get him back to his best.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Aceves was just one of the myriad of players who were alienated, misused, and disrespected by bobby V.  In the year prior, Aceves was nothing if not a team player and good soldier.  He did everything tito asked of him, and tito asked a lot.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't buy that, Geo.  Maybe Aceves is a lost cause, unable to help a team....but I think not.  Managers and coaches aren't really paid to manage the Birds, Jeters, and Bradys of the world, they're paid to manage the Mannys, Aceveses, and Rickeys.  Aceves clearly has lots of talent and, over most of his career, has delivered lots of value.  Why give up now and sell low?  New manager, new PC, new environment, right role....let's try to get him back to his best.

[/QUOTE]

heres what im thinking SM....if Aceves werent papis buddy - he wouldve been history...if wasnt just with valentine, he has been a pain in the butt as a yankee (isnt that why he was not resigned?)

still he is the one guy on the team i want on my side in a brawl...he scares me...and i love his live fastball....hopefully someone will cool his hotheadedness....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

heres what im thinking SM....if Aceves werent papis buddy - he wouldve been history...if wasnt just with valentine, he has been a pain in the butt as a yankee (isnt that why he was not resigned?)

still he is the one guy on the team i want on my side in a brawl...he scares me...and i love his live fastball....hopefully someone will cool his hotheadedness....

[/QUOTE]

uh, no Geo.  He wasn;t resigned by the Yankees because they assumed his arm was spaghetti.  It wasn't.  And prior to Bobby V's arrival, Aceves was a good soldier to the core.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

uh, no Geo.  He wasn;t resigned by the Yankees because they assumed his arm was spaghetti.  It wasn't.  And prior to Bobby V's arrival, Aceves was a good soldier to the core.  

[/QUOTE]

i always thought it was a pretty well known fact that he did very well for the yanks but was a pain in the rear

http://bosoxinjection.com/2012/09/02/the-rise-fall-of-alfredo-aceves-why-the-red-sox-need-to-cut-ties/

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  And if things don't work out, get rid of him.  But he could be a big asset if used/managed properly.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

people said that padilla was clubhouse cancer and look at him last season for us.. great pitcher, great clubhouse guy, no issues that i ever heard of and he only beaned 2 guys i believe.

aceves will be fine. especially without BV at the helm

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i always thought it was a pretty well known fact that he did very well for the yanks but was a pain in the rear

http://bosoxinjection.com/2012/09/02/the-rise-fall-of-alfredo-aceves-why-the-red-sox-need-to-cut-ties/

[/QUOTE]

Aha.  Now I understand where you are coming from fully.  You get your ideas from the likes of the stellar writing of Derek Stykalo (WHO??) and the much-respected blog bosoxinjection (WHAT?).  Seriously, my kid brother could have written that silly post and i don;t even have a kid brother.

And, no, despite what you may have thought, the Yankees valued Aceves very highly. He was vital in 09.  And ask any Yankee fan here, they were sad to see him go.  He was never trouble for the Yankees.  Now, I too remembered poorly.  It wasn't a raggy arm.  It was a broken collar bone suffered in a motocycle accident.  So, ok, yes, I agree that he is a bit of a wild man.  But he has also shown himself to be a workhorse and good professional.  2012 is more the abberation than the rule with Aceves. So, if I am going to hazard a guess, I am going to put it on crazy-a$$ Bobby V.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

people said that padilla was clubhouse cancer and look at him last season for us.. great pitcher, great clubhouse guy, no issues that i ever heard of and he only beaned 2 guys i believe.

aceves will be fine. especially without BV at the helm

[/QUOTE]

I agree mef.  BV had no idea how to manage todays players.  I think Farrell will add stability and structure to the team.  Players will know their rolls and Farrell will communicate that to the players.  When there are issues Farrell will deal with it in an intelligent fashion so more problems aren't created.  Will he be a great manager?  I don't know but he will certainly run a better ship than BV.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I guess this means you have finished whining about the 25 players on the team, the 5 guys or so we might've signed, and the hot dog vendors.

Sections
Shortcuts