Ortiz: Farrell might be just the tonic that Aceves Needs

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: Ortiz: Farrell might be just the tonic that Aceves Needs

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

people said that padilla was clubhouse cancer and look at him last season for us.. great pitcher, great clubhouse guy, no issues that i ever heard of and he only beaned 2 guys i believe.

aceves will be fine. especially without BV at the helm

[/QUOTE]

He should be fine.  He was darn-near the NYY MVP in 2009, and darn-near our MVP in 2011.  He was 10-2 with Tito, and 2-10 with BV.  BV simply poisoned everything he touched.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

people said that padilla was clubhouse cancer and look at him last season for us.. great pitcher, great clubhouse guy, no issues that i ever heard of and he only beaned 2 guys i believe.

[/QUOTE]

He should be fine.  He was darn-near the NYY MVP in 2009, and darn-near our MVP in 2011.  He was 10-2 with Tito, and 2-10 with BV.  BV simply poisoned everything he touched.

[/QUOTE]

definitely, should have seen it coming with BV. telling aceves he had a shot at the rotation in ST and after aceves proves to be the BEST pitcher in ST and Bard shows to be the WORST pitcher in ST and BV awards that #5 spot to Bard instead.

imagine how different the season would have turned out if that went the other way. we would have had a reliable 5th starter and a closer who was groomed to assume the role.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Seeger88's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I enjoyed that article, thanks.

[/QUOTE]

Did Seeger and Edgar go with you, pike?

[/QUOTE]

They all went to Jersey to see Edith BRTN.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

definitely, should have seen it coming with BV. telling aceves he had a shot at the rotation in ST and after aceves proves to be the BEST pitcher in ST and Bard shows to be the WORST pitcher in ST and BV awards that #5 spot to Bard instead.

imagine how different the season would have turned out if that went the other way. we would have had a reliable 5th starter and a closer who was groomed to assume the role.

[/QUOTE]
    that was Bv'sdecision of bens?  i think that bard starting gig was Ben....bobby was more for morales...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to pinstripezac's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:

uh, no Geo.  He wasn;t resigned by the Yankees because they assumed his arm was spaghetti.  It wasn't.  And prior to Bobby V's arrival, Aceves was a good soldier to the core.  

not that is matters much spaceman

but it was his back, he missed a lot of time and there was a falling out

regarding a bike accident ( during rehab ) that broke his collar bone during the off-season.

at least that's what we were told

I don't recall hearing anything about him being a problem with ny until last yr

that said

him being a problem makes more sense than them giving up

on a guy that was so inexpensive over missing a few months

I mean

I think cashman actually talked to pavano that winter

I'd give him another shot with a short leash

[/QUOTE]

im pretty sure i didnt invent that...aceves was difficult as a yankee....a pitcher who was that effective and that cheap should have been offered a contract even if he had an injury....honestly, do you think bobby V was the only one aceves had an issue with? what about pedroia?  he is a hothead......i didnt think that was news....i guess Space is convinced he wasnt...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    that was Bv'sdecision of bens?  i think that bard starting gig was Ben....bobby was more for morales...

[/QUOTE]

i'm leaning towards both of their decisions.. idk if BV wanted morales as a starter in ST but once morales took a spot start or two BV was definitely on board with making him a starter but with the additions of Cook and eventually dice-k that idea was scrapped.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It couldn't be any worse than under Bobby V.

[/QUOTE]

Didn't Ben pick the pitching coach?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It couldn't be any worse than under Bobby V.

[/QUOTE]

Didn't Ben pick the pitching coach?

[/QUOTE]

BV also had his own pitching coach.. and we wonder why the pitchers all stunk last year.. no continuity

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Thats right, more "SAUCE" IN THE CLUB HOUSE !!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]

Aceves was just one of the myriad of players who were alienated, misused, and disrespected by bobby V.  In the year prior, Aceves was nothing if not a team player and good soldier.  He did everything tito asked of him, and tito asked a lot.  

[/QUOTE]

Yes. Aceves is a victim and he should not be held responsible for his actions. Valentine was the sole reason the players failed to perform to expectations and that will be revealed now that Farrell is at the helm. Why should the players play their best when they don't like the manager?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pinstripezac's comment:
    [QUOTE]

uh, no Geo.  He wasn;t resigned by the Yankees because they assumed his arm was spaghetti.  It wasn't.  And prior to Bobby V's arrival, Aceves was a good soldier to the core.  

not that is matters much spaceman

but it was his back, he missed a lot of time and there was a falling out

regarding a bike accident ( during rehab ) that broke his collar bone during the off-season.

at least that's what we were told

I don't recall hearing anything about him being a problem with ny until last yr

that said

him being a problem makes more sense than them giving up

on a guy that was so inexpensive over missing a few months

I mean

I think cashman actually talked to pavano that winter

I'd give him another shot with a short leash

[/QUOTE]

im pretty sure i didnt invent that...aceves was difficult as a yankee....a pitcher who was that effective and that cheap should have been offered a contract even if he had an injury....honestly, do you think bobby V was the only one aceves had an issue with? what about pedroia?  he is a hothead......i didnt think that was news....i guess Space is convinced he wasnt...

[/QUOTE]

No, I'll accept that he wasn't a cuddly teddy bear with the Yankees.  I already stated that he was a wild card.  I just don't believe he should be shipped out of Boston based on the events of dog days 2012.  Everything was boiling over by that point.  So Aceves went off the handle.  OK.  I think he has earned the right to screw up and get another chance.  Sure, it wasn't all Bobby V.  Some of it was the messed up situation fromn the start (ben's fault) when Aceves earned the starting nod and was jilted for Bard, and then asked to play a role he was not cut out for.  Stressful situation.  Aceves may be a hot headed, stubborn mule.  But that is part of what makes him a fierce competitor.  I want him playing a central role in the 2013 bullpen.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

hes talking to himself.... greeaat.

going to start calling you softlaw 2.0 if you keep it up!

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Helloitsmeagain. Show Helloitsmeagain's posts

[/QUOTE]

Five minutes after this post by J-Bay,  both Edgarpost and BarberNJ were booted from the forum. Isn't that enough proof to you that J-Bay is the moderator. Ten minutes later Enchilada noticed the bans.

[/QUOTE]

Hey pike, serious question.

How do you keep track of which moniker you are posting under?

Do you have multiple computers with sticky notes on top that identify which moniker goes with which computer?

Or do you have several Macs that are different colors that are matched up with your different monikers?

Just curious, because it must get confusing and I've only seen you screw up once in 4 or 5 years.

25. This post has been removed.