Ortiz: Farrell might be just the tonic that Aceves Needs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Re: Ortiz: Farrell might be just the tonic that Aceves Needs

First, Aceves did not handle his frustrations well at all last season, and every time he was out of line everyone took notice.  If he had been more successful while on the mound no one would have minded his actions when he was frustrated as much, but that still would not have made him right either.

Second, he may just rebound with a new manager and new pitching coach.  His trade value is way down, but he ended the season healthy and has shown a very resiliant arm for his entire career.   No point in trading such an arm when the Red Sox need more (not less) good arms until he proves or disproves himself in spring training or early in the season.

I think we can all understand that some players need more attention, etc than others.  Trust between players and the manager need to be much stronger than what we saw last season.   Hopefully, Farrell and the Nieves certainly can do better in that area than Valentine did last year.  At which point, guys like Aceves may flourish again.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to EdithBRTN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey Mike Farmer, what did it cost you to buy the fictional galaxy of MEF429 on that website? Did you also buy seacoast in Arizona?

[/QUOTE]

my name is joe... not mike you tool.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Hey Mike Farmer, what did it cost you to buy the fictional galaxy of MEF429 on that website? Did you also buy seacoast in Arizona?

[/QUOTE]

my name is joe... not mike you tool.

[/QUOTE]
    Well then, I didn't expose your true identity, Mike.

[/QUOTE]

theres nothing to expose. if someone wants to know my information they can simply click my profile....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

I've only read the first page of posts, but it strikes me that most posters are putting the onus for Aceves's bad boy behavior on Bobby V, despite the fact that Aceves was let go by the Yankees at least in part because of his attitude.  And the same posters are putting a lot of stock in Farrell's ability to tame the bad boy in Aceves, despite the fact that Farrell had no such control over bad boy behavior up in Toronto.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

Were you posting from the classroom. Study hard. Do your homework every night.

[/QUOTE]

thanks mom! i will!

Sections
Shortcuts