Ortiz: Front Office/Media don't respect me! Your reaction?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

Re: Ortiz: Front Office/Media don't respect me! Your reaction?

In Response to Re: Ortiz: Front Office/Media don't respect me! Your reaction?:
    In Response to Re: Ortiz: Front Office/Media don't respect me! Your reaction? : By all means that is not my only criteria, it was a more skimming the surface.  There are a magnitude of reasons that revolve around my decision to respect a player.  I just didn't feel like going into a full in depth analysis and write 10 pages on it.....just making a point.  I don't think Papi is all about himself, when a player says something to the media people act as if they are taking it personally towards them. When it comes down to it.....he's right, they have thrown him under the bus a few times the past couple years.  Papi is one of those guys who speaks his mind, but he also seems to get along with all the players and genuinely seems like a great team mate....I like that about him amongst other qualities. 
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh

Understood. Thanks for clarifying, and I agree a guy ought to speak his mind, instead of reciting the endless dibble they seem to teach all players in "PR school", but when they do, they ought to think a little first. Think a little about what their whining sounds like to the average fan. (Good idea for Beckett too!) Think a little about completely ungrateful and potentially insulting it is for someone who is getting paid more money in one year than most make in a lifetime that he "gets no respect". Sorry, but when someone says something that ridiculous, you have to wonder what world he lives in.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

I walked into a bar the other night.
    The bartender said "what'll you have?"
    I said : "surprise me".
    He pulled out his wallet and showed me a picture of my wife.  Nude

i just don't get no respect man

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

Re: Ortiz: Front office/Media don't respect me! Your reaction?

In Response to Re: Ortiz: Front office/Media don't respect me! Your reaction?:
    In Response to Re: Ortiz: Front office/Media don't respect me! Your reaction? : What's pathetic is the spoiled rotten major leaguer, which Papi has now decided to become. The media didn't force him to say, "I don't care." and "I get no respect". What a load of crap. $14.5 million is no respect? Wish I got that little respect. I was starting to like Papi again, but that kills it for me. He can go join Beckett, Shill (or Shrill), Paplebum, Manny, and JD in the Hall of Shame. Get a grip, man. Do you think that everybody has employers who appreciate everything they do??? Sorry your life is such a difficult slug, Papi.
    Posted by pschuller

Pick a baseball team, any team other than the Red Sox.  At my expense I will ship you their team hat.  In exchange you will never ever call yourself a Red Sox fan again.  

Deal?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Labeling Ortiz a Roid boy is a bit unfair
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh

I think it's understood that he did roids.  If I'm wrong then I apologize, but I think I'm right.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

"i just don't get no respect man. my girlfriend called me and said to come on over to her house because nobody was home. well. when i got there, she was right. there wasn't anybody home. i'm telling ya man, no respect." apologies to the late, great mr. dangerfield.
    Posted by mryazz

LOL!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

In Response to Re: Ortiz: Front Office/Media don't respect me! Your reaction? : I think it's understood that he did roids.  If I'm wrong then I apologize, but I think I'm right.
    Posted by 67redsox

He was on the Infamous 2003 list of 103 players that tested positive...however, it was never made public what they tested positive for.  Arryo was also on that list, and made a statement to the press that at the time OTC cold meds would show up as a positive result.  So, while I think he did test positive for something, it is not known for fact if it was roids or not.  According to a statement Papi made when the news came out he thought the positive test was a result of then-legal supplements or vitamins.  

So, it could have been roids...could have been OTC cold meds....probably not vitamins...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHBALLFAN. Show NHBALLFAN's posts

No reaction, but here is my post, weeks before the beat drive-byes ran with it: Most Red Sox fans Gave up on Ortiz and wanted to "spend the money elsewhere", One Poster claimed he could no longer hit LP posted at 4/25/2012 2:31 PM EDT hankwilliamsjr Posts: 1232 First: 12/27/2011 Last: 5/21/2012 13e2c1c6eb5b63c5fd2d485c33bfdb94 The antithesis of non-producing good ole boys like Wastefield and Varitek, Ortiz has embarrassed posters who claimed he could no longer hit LP well enough to warrant a roster spot, or since on the roster, needed to sit v most LP and bat lower in the order. This winter, most Red Sox fans wanted to "spend the money elsewhere", and called Ortiz washed up back in 2009 and 2010. Despite finishing up with elite league DH production years for 2009, 2010 and 2011, the pride, prejudice and bigotry has always been forefront among the substantial majority of Red Sox fans and the media.  The fact is that Ortiz takes a popularity back seat to good ole boys like Varitek and Wastefield, and the soon to be departing for a FA contract and usually on the shelf, Ellsbury. Ortiz is owed an apology from most Red Sox fans. He remains the face of the franchise. Along with another despised former Red Sox pitcher, Curt Schilling, these two core players did more for the Red Sox brand than any other player in the last two decades. On a team whose fan base is made up of hypocritcal leftist elite and Big Labor & Bureaucrat fans who live segrated intimate lives while pandering rhetoric and something from others for nothing for ethnic minority votes, it comes as no surprise to see Ortiz receive the bigoted reception in Boston.  That Ortiz's request for a 2 year contract at around 25 million was turned down is consistent with the way middle management has treated him. He has made the brand more money than the franchise will ever pay to him!  Fortunately, John Henry has remained loyal to Ortiz, as, otherwise, prior and current middle management most certainly would have "spent all or some of the money elsewhere".  Ortiz has stated that he will retire after playing 2 more years. Needless to say, he won't be hanging around off of good will, like a parasite, long after he is no longer productive enough to warrant an active roster spot. The Red Sox need to show some class and offer Ortiz a one year extension with a year 2 team option and substantial buyout and player opt out provisions that insure that Ortiz is treated well and allowed to retire with the Red Sox at the end of 2014, or play one final season off a one year FA contract for any AL team he chooses. David Ortiz, this poster never waivered in his support for you and the importance you bring to the Red Sox, and this poster salutes you for surviving the lack of appreciation and the uncalled for abuse during the slow starts of 2009 and 2010.  
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr
      Do you think Schilling is really "despised?".....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In Response to Re: Ortiz: Front Office/Media don't respect me! Your reaction? : He was on the Infamous 2003 list of 103 players that tested positive...however, it was never made public what they tested positive for.  Arryo was also on that list, and made a statement to the press that at the time OTC cold meds would show up as a positive result.  So, while I think he did test positive for something, it is not known for fact if it was roids or not.  According to a statement Papi made when the news came out he thought the positive test was a result of then-legal supplements or vitamins.   So, it could have been roids...could have been OTC cold meds....probably not vitamins...
    Posted by Yoshimi25

Thanks for your reply, I guess the jury's still out.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Whatever. Good for Papi. On to the game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In Response to Re: Ortiz: Front Office/Media don't respect me! Your reaction? : I think it's understood that he did roids.  If I'm wrong then I apologize, but I think I'm right.
    Posted by 67redsox

Well correct me if I'm wrong (seriously I'm a bit unsure of this) But it was my understanding that he tested positive for PED's performance enhancing drugs.  They don't say which substance he was on.  There is a large amount of band substances that aren't steroids and you can buy at GNC.  Most of these supplements are completely safe and it is probably ridiculous that they are even banned.  What I find intriguing is that the majority of those "pro testosterone" have shown to not even work and there is very little evidence supporting the validity of many of those products.

I wish Baseball would be more clear on this, because there is a huge difference between taking a herbal supplement that supposedly helps raise your testosterone naturally and then injected steroids into your body.

Maybe I'm just being a homer here, but i would of figured if Ortiz actually used Steroids, an illegal drug and not just a banned substance it would have been a much larger story.

If I had to guess, Manny was more likely to be injected steroids than Ortiz was....but that's just an educated guess.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Ortiz: Front Office/Media don't respect me! Your reaction? : Minehan hits the nail on the head again in his column. ------------------------------------- Curt Schilling Deadbeat Fraud
    Posted by bellhorn_
    Actually Minihane takes one sentence out of a four minute interview and bases his entire article on that. Not only does he not hit the nail on the head, he doesn't even have his hammer in his hand. What I think the Red Sox need to do with Big Papi is give him a new jersey with a C on it, and sign him to a Wakefield type deal. Obviously for more money than Wake, but as long as the big guy can keep doing it you have to keep bringing him back.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Papi being Papi in a bad way...he's always been sensitive to criticism. He's the best hitter on the team now, so someone tell the media not to mess with his head. Let John Henry's $14.5 Million check qualm his concerns for respect.

14. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts