Ortiz heel problem

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

Ortiz heel problem

On a dreary, rainy day, I have nothing better to do than to offer up this observation.

Back in June of 2011, I developed out of nowhere, pain in my right heel. It was diagnosed by two eminent podiatrists as plantar fasciitis. After close to two years of treatment, my right heel is still not 100%. It continually flares up in spite of continuing treatment.  Having done exhaustive research into this condition, I do not believe we will see much of Ortiz on a consistent basis if he has, as I suspect, plantar fasciitis in one, or worse still both heels.

And believe me, if this is his ailment, when he does make it to the plate, his performance will be effected by this condition.

Notwithstanding, my well wishes and good luck go out to David.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: Ortiz heel problem

i had something similair with my right achilles...it was sore sore it felt like it had snapped in two...turns out it was just athritis and inflamed...i limped like Kunte Kinte after getting his foot axed - it was that pathetic looking....and the DR told me to stretch that daily...and i did and it went away never to return...weird...but man did it hurt

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I urged Papi to get on Spaceman's Daily Yoga Regimen years ago.  Did he listen? Nooooooo.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In response to dustcover's comment:

On a dreary, rainy day, I have nothing better to do than to offer up this observation.   Back in June of 2011, I developed out of nowhere, pain in my right heel. It was diagnosed by two eminent podiatrists as plantar fasciitis. After close to two years of treatment, my right heel is still not 100%. It continually flares up in spite of continuing treatment.  Having done exhaustive research into this condition, I do not believe we will see much of Ortiz on a consistent basis if he has, as I suspect, plantar fasciitis in one, or worse still both heels.   And believe me, if this is his ailment, when he does make it to the plate, his performance will be effected by this condition.   Notwithstanding, my well wishes and good luck go out to David.   Hey, dusty, i also had plantar come out of nowhere on me. I still play sports, but I'm in my late 40s. Anyway, it can be treated a number of ways and get better. One way is don't laugh--put fabric tape or medical tape around each foot below the toes in one strip going all the way around the foot, tight but not too tight. Wear orthotics molded from your podiatrist in your tennis shoes, playing shoes (I'm sure your podiatrists did this). Finally, when it does flare, take a plastic bottle of water, put it in the freezer, then roll your feet over it back and forth like you would a golf ball and I guarentee you, the pain will subside. I don't know what Ortiz is doing rehab wise, but there are ways to treat plantar and be active and play and I'm a lot older than him, and I had it so bad, I couldn't get out of bed without holding on to something. The tape thing is a way for your brain to tell you to walk properly and not flatfooted, which we all tend to do. Free advice, take it, leave it, for those with plantar fascitis.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

this is for the heel problems by the way, which really is tendonitis in the arches as well.

Sections
Shortcuts