Ortiz is as hot as I've ever seen him. Why does he need a rest now?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: Ortiz is as hot as I've ever seen him. Why does he need a rest now?

In response to greatestNYY's comment:

Papi and a rod went yesterday to the clinic to get their flu shot.

Weak...

Just like the Yankees offense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Im so sorry that Papi got tired at an inconvenient time for some of you. But hes 37, ran a ton in Houston and was gassed. he NEEDED a rest, get over it armchair GM's.

With the way the Sox werent hitting last night, it wouldnt have made a difference if he was in there.

Newsflash...Sometimes these guys need a rest when they get tired. They play a lot of games in a year. Some of you are unbelievable and seem to just NEED to complain in order to breathe. Undecided

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

resting a dh is just plain silly....if you believe denying him four at bats during gametime will keep him fresh why not just cut down/skip on batting practice? 

dumb

As always - 100% correct!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

resting a dh is just plain silly....if you believe denying him four at bats during gametime will keep him fresh why not just cut down/skip on batting practice? 

dumb

I doubt you'd be able to keep up with Ortiz on any typical day.

As usual- 100% clueless.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

dumb

As usual- 100% clueless.

i can run faster backwards than ortiz can run forwards, and i am ten years older...now go back to licking that boot....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

dumb

As usual- 100% clueless.

i can run faster backwards than ortiz can run forwards, and i am ten years older...now go back to licking that boot....

It's nice to have a rich fantasy life.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

In response to torgorocks' comment:

In response to BOSOX1941's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Because every player at some point gets an off day. Its how most players stay fresh in a 162 game season. Besides being 37yo and running a lot these past 3 days in Houston its a smart move to gibve him a blow.

We want him fresh in sept/oct.

He's been running a lot because he's hot as a pistol. Not a smart move at all. Pure overmanaging. 

Pure robot managing. Robby the manager.

" robot manager" used that phrase years ago with regard of Tito...

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

In response to CTJake14's comment:

Yeah he's 9 for his last 10 but 3 of those hits last night were of the seeing-eye variety.  I hate to see him out of the lineup, too, but at least Farrell shook it up, moved the even hotter Drew up and bumped Nap down -- a good sign.  Have no doubt David will hit late if they get into the pen and need a bat vs. a right.

Even hotter Drew????  Ortiz is second to Cabrera in hitting for the season.  I personally think his presence in the lineup last night might have made a difference.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

In response to DaffyDan's comment:

One decision means Farrell is average?

Let's do that math: 1 divided by a million = average.

Yup, works for me....

-Daf.

Are you forgetting how he handled Bailey??

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

With Farrell and this starting pitching staff, 'tanking' is not out of the question. Only most half-baked fans wouldn't acknowledge this.

You're sounding a little embittered recently.  Think of it this way, if we do make the playoffs, it would still give you between 1-4 chances to root against us.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

BOSOX1941 thinks Francona and Farrell are nothing but buffoons.

He thinks Bobby Valentine was a great manager.

Rumor also has it that he's a lifetime member of the Flat Earth Society. 

If Farrrell had started off 0-30, 1941 would've nominated him for Manager of the Year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

dumb

As usual- 100% clueless.

It's nice to have a rich fantasy life.

I think Gerom is telling you that Ortiz is not very fast as was shown in that 1,2,3 double play he hit into last week.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

In response to BOSOX1941's comment:

In response to CTJake14's comment:

Yeah he's 9 for his last 10 but 3 of those hits last night were of the seeing-eye variety.  I hate to see him out of the lineup, too, but at least Farrell shook it up, moved the even hotter Drew up and bumped Nap down -- a good sign.  Have no doubt David will hit late if they get into the pen and need a bat vs. a right.

Even hotter Drew????  Ortiz is second to Cabrera in hitting for the season.  I personally think his presence in the lineup last night might have made a difference.

How about last night?  Did Ortiz's presence make a difference?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

This is just absolutely ridiculous.  If you are swinging a bat with max effort 15-20 times a day and running the bases hard and sliding etc ect a lot of stress is going into your hips/knees/shoulders etc ect.  Not playing the field has nothing to do with it.  Even if you just ht you are easily doing enough to risk injury if you do not rest every once in a while.  Given his age, size and importance to this team it only makes more sense.

If you disagree....go read a book on health and human performance. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

BOSOX1941 thinks Francona and Farrell are nothing but buffoons.

He thinks Bobby Valentine was a great manager.

Rumor also has it that he's a lifetime member of the Flat Earth Society. 

Hey I just Googled the Flat Earth Society and it seems that they were disbanded because someone let the word out that the Earth wasn't really flat, it's really a semi curved trapezoidal imperfection in the seams of reality. DID I SAY THAT !!

And despite all of the rumors Bobby V was really a very fine manager. The players just gave up on him. (KIDDING OF COURSE)

And one last request. I need to know if Bill806 and Idiot2004 are charter members of the Flat Earth Society. 

Hitch (Hetch) 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

This is just absolutely ridiculous.  If you are swinging a bat with max effort 15-20 times a day and running the bases hard and sliding etc ect a lot of stress is going into your hips/knees/shoulders etc ect.  Not playing the field has nothing to do with it.  Even if you just ht you are easily doing enough to risk injury if you do not rest every once in a while.  Given his age, size and importance to this team it only makes more sense.

How many times has Ortiz had to slide this year or just from the all star break?  How many times has he had to even run the bases hard?  I could care less ho many days he takes off and I even posted on this thread, which someone took down, that he does well after a day off and I think he did again this time.  But your reasons why are not valid. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

How many times has Ortiz had to slide this year or just from the all star break?  How many times has he had to even run the bases hard?  I could care less ho many days he takes off and I even posted on this thread, which someone took down, that he does well after a day off and I think he did again this time.  But your reasons why are not valid. 

How about every time he hits a single and double.  It doesn't matter if he does well or not after a day off if he gets I injured he offers zero production.

Whatever you believe doesn't change what is real.  Hitting every day will puts stress on your body, even just hitting puts tremendous stress on the back, rotator cuffs etc etc.  it makes sense to give him a day.

I used to be an athletic trainer so I know a thing or two about the subject. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

Maybe Ortiz should take another day off.  0 for 4 again today

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Yeah and he can go 0-4 tomorrow too then go 10 for his next 20 but that's beside the point.  Rest will decrease the chances of overuse and injury.  If you sustain an in injury you can go ......well nothing because you'll be sitting the bench.  I guess now that Ortiz took a day off he's going to go 0-50

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Yeah and he can go 0-4 tomorrow too then go 10 for his next 20 but that's beside the point.  Rest will decrease the chances of overuse and injury.  If you sustain an in injury you can go ......well nothing because you'll be sitting the bench.  I guess now that Ortiz took a day off he's going to go 0-50

Seriously, can you believe these last few posts by jackbu?  The guy never lets up on Ortiz.

Sections
Shortcuts