1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Ortiz just never stops complaining...ever

http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2014/03/13/david-ortiz-guys-my-age-are-supposed-to-be-complementary-players/

The hypocrisy is astounding.

Added Ortiz: “I’ll give it a try, but I don’t think there’s a baseball player that has lived through this pressure at my age. Think about it. Guys my age are supposed to be complementary players. Nobody signs guys my age to be ‘The Man.

I then heard Merloni on the radio saying, "This is a private conversation that he (Ortiz) went public with. Last year he was talking about 'Why can't we get guys like Hamilton?'...I don't even know what to say."

Merloni has always been a huge Ortiz defender, and even he couldn't say anything.

Ortiz just shouldn't say anything. Just go play. EVERYONE loves you on the field.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Ortiz just never stops complaining...ever

And some people never stop complaining about Ortiz ... ever

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Ok! Ok! Uncle! Ortiz is a whining crybaby! Good thing he performs great on the field when the big game is on the line. Keep whining Big Papi! It's worked so far.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

You know, I do find these latest comments somewhat obnoxious, which has resulted in a moment or two of mild irritation. I am now moving on.

Let's see how long the board freak-out lasts this time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2014/03/13/david-ortiz-guys-my-age-are-supposed-to-be-complementary-players/

The hypocrisy is astounding.

Added Ortiz: “I’ll give it a try, but I don’t think there’s a baseball player that has lived through this pressure at my age. Think about it. Guys my age are supposed to be complementary players. Nobody signs guys my age to be ‘The Man.

I then heard Merloni on the radio saying, "This is a private conversation that he (Ortiz) went public with. Last year he was talking about 'Why can't we get guys like Hamilton?'...I don't even know what to say."

Merloni has always been a huge Ortiz defender, and even he couldn't say anything.

Ortiz just shouldn't say anything. Just go play. EVERYONE loves you on the field.

[/QUOTE]

So, what did he say that isn't true?

There aren't any other teams that expect a 38 yr old hitter to be the best hitter in the lineup.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

I guess that means he expects $5M for his extension and to be platooned at DH with Lavarnwey or another right handed bat.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I am going to infer a little context here - What Ortiz was saying was:  If you are going to do the  sign a 38 year old guy to be The Man and all the pressure that entails, you can't treat The Man like he is a complimentary player on the decline.  Is he whining?  Sure.  But it is pretty consintent with his other whines:  If I am the Man, give me job security like I Am the Man.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You know, I do find these latest comments somewhat obnoxious, which has resulted in a moment or two of mild irritation. I am now moving on.

[/QUOTE]

That's kind of been my underlying point for the past few years. How many 'times' has he created controversy?

If he would just play, there would never be controversy. Some people feel ok simply accepting it, and that's fine. Everyone has a choice...including me. It's unpopular and uncomfortable at times...I feel no need to apologize for that. But I don't create the words or stories. I'm bothered by them. I don't choose to ignore it.

I'll find another story too...because he also goes on to mention "Where are we going to replace Salty? Ellsbury?...Drew?" I Sht you not.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's kind of been my underlying point for the past few years. How many 'times' has he created controversy?

If he would just play, there would never be controversy. Some people feel ok simply accepting it, and that's fine. Everyone has a choice...including me. It's unpopular and uncomfortable at times...I feel no need to apologize for that. But I don't create the words or stories. I'm bothered by them. I don't choose to ignore it.

I'll find another story too...because he also goes on to mention "Where are we going to replace Salty? Ellsbury?...Drew?" I Sht you not.

[/QUOTE]

You are easily bothered.

Must be tough being you.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

""Every year gets harder. We'll see how it goes," the DH said. "We lost a couple of thunders, that's why I can't wait to see how everything turns out. I don't know if Ellsbury is going to be replaced. I don't know if Salty is going to be replaced. Drew. We've got the question marks. We'll see. The season will tell us. We've got capable players to get things done, and we can keep on winning, but I don't know how it's going to be."

Sure...in a vaccuum...it doesn't seem like a huge deal.

JBJ and Boegarts don't live in a vaccuum. They share Ortiz' same locker room. Nice vote of confidence from the veteran.

Also welcome aboard AJ! Ross...well, nobody cares about you anyway I guess.

The entire tone, to me...is very selfish and whiny on Ortiz' part. That's my take.

source:

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/rob-bradford/2014/03/13/weight-world-david-ortiz-contemplates-life-ma

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

john henry should hand him a blank contract and tell him to fill in the numbers.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

When you read the entire interview a different picture comes out.  It's not that selfish.  He wants the team to be strong and he's a little worried they don't quite have enough power.  It's like the guy wants to win the World Series every year or something. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

QO's are suppose to jump between 15-16 million next year, nothing to worry about. We'll see who blinks first.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Right out of the playbook of the "BIG O" & COMPANY !!!!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good one.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to JoseLaguna's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good one.

[/QUOTE]

Let it be.

[/QUOTE]

Hahaha.  Touche my friend.  Touche.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Like Ralph Kramden, David has a BIGGGG mouth.   We should be used to it by now. What is far more important is the fact that no one is more responsible for ending an 86 year drought and putting this team where it stands now, on top of the baseball world, than David Ortiz. Listening to his occasional outbursts is a small price to pay for all that he has done for this franchise and it's fans. 

Sections
Shortcuts