1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Ortiz just never stops complaining...ever

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Like Ralph Kramden, David has a BIGGGG mouth.   We should be used to it by now. What is far more important is the fact that no one is more responsible for ending an 86 year drought and putting this team where it stands now, on top of the baseball world, than David Ortiz. Listening to his occasional outbursts is a small price to pay for all that he has done for this franchise and it's fans. 

Ted Williams, by all accounts, had a  rant or 10 back in the day.  But back then, the press protected the players and the news cycle was, of course, much less steroidal.  But, I am sure he would be getting killed on this board if he were in his playing days today.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

He was in fact the WS MVP, which in fact does make him the man coming into this season. 

Since Manny left, he has regularly complained it's harder to get "pitch to hit," but somehow he keeps getting enough of them. 

But now I think the complaints are mostly about getting paid what he thinks he is worth.  Other players may go about this differently, but Ortiz has always been a very public personality.  However he goes about it, he is right that right now he is the best hitter on the team, no ifs, ands, or buts. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

And some people never stop complaining about Ortiz ... ever

Actually, dragon never seems to stop complaining period. I say let the big man whine as long as he keeps hitting .700 on the big stage.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Like Ralph Kramden, David has a BIGGGG mouth.   We should be used to it by now. What is far more important is the fact that no one is more responsible for ending an 86 year drought and putting this team where it stands now, on top of the baseball world, than David Ortiz. Listening to his occasional outbursts is a small price to pay for all that he has done for this franchise and it's fans. 

Yes, it's that simple.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

It's just the way the big man talks.  Even back in the 2004 ALCS, after Game 5, he said something like 'We need somebody else to step up.  I can't keep doing this.'  He didn't mean any harm by it, for God's sake.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

I heard Callahan say something about it this morning.  Frankly who cares and I have no idea what David said this time.  I don't think Callahan spent more than five minutes on david this morning. I guess minihan called yesterday that Rivas was coming to the Pats and that really gets to Callahan. So most of there show I am sure was about football.

With the football news, all other sporting events are on a back burner for a few days.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to JoseLaguna's comment:

Merloni, Mazz, Felger have their staffs dig deep everyday for such stuff. This is how they maintain or improve their ratings. They admitted to guest John Henry that they are in the entertainment business - not responsible journalism. If Merloni info. annoys you, shut the radio off.

To be fair you don't have to dig that deep.   All you have to do is click on Ortiz's twitter account or just ask a question.  The phrase "no comment" must have got lost in translation.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

good point but John Henry is as much responsible as anyone.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Ted Williams, by all accounts, had a  rant or 10 back in the day.  But back then, the press protected the players and the news cycle was, of course, much less steroidal.  But, I am sure he would be getting killed on this board if he were in his playing days today.

The press did not protect ted as much as you think.  His rants were not about getting paid or an RBI.  Plus the guy interrupted his career twice to defend his country.  This is why Ted is a god.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to crowtrobot's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Right out of the playbook of the "BIG O" & COMPANY !!!!

I can't wait to vote for Hillary Clinton. Btw, Bill-SFB, you're dumber than a two-story outhouse. Funny, when I read your posts, I think of an outhouse.

Spend a lot of time there, big fella ???????

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

Actually, dragon never seems to stop complaining period. I say let the big man whine as long as he keeps hitting .700 on the big stage.

When it comes to the Sox...yeah. You're kind of right. I have my gripes with the organization as it stands. That's not to say I hate them, as many would have you believe...I just don't turn a blind eye to what I view as warts.

I've not been shy with my opinions about Ortiz. I know it's unpopular in Boston...I wonder how it would play on a Yankee board? Hahaha, scary thought. 

I just want to thank 4Bs and CrowT, who like to follow me around to insult me while offering nothing to any discussion. I've grown to enjoy leading you two around like a gimp on a leash. 

My name is MA6Dragon9. I have some unpopular opinions. If that offends you...HAHAHA! Don't let someone's opinion offend you. I enjoy a good debate. I only insult in response to an unprovoked attack...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:

In response to carnie's comment:

When it comes to the Sox...yeah. You're kind of right. I have my gripes with the organization as it stands. That's not to say I hate them, as many would have you believe...I just don't turn a blind eye to what I view as warts.

I've not been shy with my opinions about Ortiz. I know it's unpopular in Boston...I wonder how it would play on a Yankee board? Hahaha, scary thought. 

I just want to thank 4Bs and CrowT, who like to follow me around to insult me while offering nothing to any discussion. I've grown to enjoy leading you two around like a gimp on a leash. 

My name is MA6Dragon9. I have some unpopular opinions. If that offends you...HAHAHA! Don't let someone's opinion offend you. I enjoy a good debate. I only insult in response to an unprovoked attack...

you have to cut fourb's some slack.  He has a hard time remembering if he listens to weei or not. It irks him that people still watch espn.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to steven11's comment:

The press did not protect ted as much as you think.  His rants were not about getting paid or an RBI.  Plus the guy interrupted his career twice to defend his country.  This is why Ted is a god.

I get it.  And I agree.  He is a baseball god and a heroic figure.  And, yes the press had their beefs with him.  Thats how I even know about his gripes.  But, my educated guess, based on the fact that there hasn't been one Red Sox player of any standing who has uttered an unpleasantry that hasnt been completely blown up on this board,  I guarantee there would be a loud contingent that would be just killing him for his transgressions, despite his play and his standing as a citizen.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I get it.  And I agree.  He is a baseball god and a heroic figure.  And, yes the press had their beefs with him.  Thats how I even know about his gripes.  But, my educated guess is that there hasn't been one Red Sox player of any standing who has uttered an unpleasantry that hasnt been completely blown up on this board.  I guarantee there would be a loud contingent that would be just killing him for his transgressions, despite his play and his standing as a citizen.

I agree with everything said here...pretty much. I DEFINITELY agree that just about every player has said something at some point fans don't like...just for me, with Ortiz. It's EVERY year. Multiple times.

I'll never forget Pedro saying he was somehow disrespected that all the Sox owners went to meet with him, but the Mets sent only their spanish-speaking GM, so it was more personal. It was laughable. But he didn't say it every year. If Ortiz wants days off like Pedro, I'd never have an issue. 

No other player has had so many excuses for him. Curt said "remember to vote...and vote bush!" and people RIPPED him. He had a business fail that personally nearly destroyed him...and people RIPPED him even though it had NOTHING to do with baseball. He wasn't likeable.

Revisionist history has turned "manny being Manny" into Boston accepting him being a j e r k and bully. It's never was. Manny being Manny was having a bottle of water in his back pocket while playing the field...or going into the green monster when there was no stoppage and fans yelling to him...or cutting off a throw from Damon....or high 5ing a fan after a great catch....all the goofiness...THAT was Manny being Manny. He was a GOD for time...then he turned. And the city, rightly, turned on him. 

Ortiz hasn't done nearly what Manny did...not close. Is this "Ortiz being Ortiz"? Maybe. That's what a lot of people say I guess. But it's not him being childish and silly and aloof, as it was with Manny. It's him being, at times, selfish, and egotistical, and entitled, and whiny. Nothing HORRIBLE by itself...but over time. I've grown totally exhausted of it. My patience and acceptance are gone. I said it before...it honestly makes me kind of sad. I want to look at him and see ONLY the player on the field, but he's gone out of his way to make me all too aware of other things. Many, MANY other things.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to crowtrobot's comment:

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:

I get it.  And I agree.  He is a baseball god and a heroic figure.  And, yes the press had their beefs with him.  Thats how I even know about his gripes.  But, my educated guess is that there hasn't been one Red Sox player of any standing who has uttered an unpleasantry that hasnt been completely blown up on this board.  I guarantee there would be a loud contingent that would be just killing him for his transgressions, despite his play and his standing as a citizen.

I agree with everything said here...pretty much. I DEFINITELY agree that just about every player has said something at some point fans don't like...just for me, with Ortiz. It's EVERY year. Multiple times.

I'll never forget Pedro saying he was somehow disrespected that all the Sox owners went to meet with him, but the Mets sent only their spanish-speaking GM, so it was more personal. It was laughable. But he didn't say it every year. If Ortiz wants days off like Pedro, I'd never have an issue. 

No other player has had so many excuses for him. Curt said "remember to vote...and vote bush!" and people RIPPED him. He had a business fail that personally nearly destroyed him...and people RIPPED him even though it had NOTHING to do with baseball. He wasn't likeable.

Revisionist history has turned "manny being Manny" into Boston accepting him being a j e r k and bully. It's never was. Manny being Manny was having a bottle of water in his back pocket while playing the field...or going into the green monster when there was no stoppage and fans yelling to him...or cutting off a throw from Damon....or high 5ing a fan after a great catch....all the goofiness...THAT was Manny being Manny. He was a GOD for time...then he turned. And the city, rightly, turned on him. 

Ortiz hasn't done nearly what Manny did...not close. Is this "Ortiz being Ortiz"? Maybe. That's what a lot of people say I guess. But it's not him being childish and silly and aloof, as it was with Manny. It's him being, at times, selfish, and egotistical, and entitled, and whiny. Nothing HORRIBLE by itself...but over time. I've grown totally exhausted of it. My patience and acceptance are gone. I said it before...it honestly makes me kind of sad. I want to look at him and see ONLY the player on the field, but he's gone out of his way to make me all too aware of other things. Many, MANY other things.

Gee, sounds like the putz that I'm replying to. Btw, have you tried any anti-depression medicine? You might want to.

Do you evaaa get along with anybody on this board ?????  What exactly is your function here ?????

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Am I missing something?  I fail to see what the issue is? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

Hahahaha.  Kingface, you just made my day.  Seriously, there could be no more fitting post.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I agree. I read the OP and what Ortiz said and I'm wondering, "What's all the hub bub about bub?"

How is what he said complaining or whining. To me, it's a matter-of-fact statement.

Much ado about nothing if you ask me.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Hahahaha.  Kingface, you just made my day.  Seriously, there could be no more fitting post.

HA!  Thanks Space...glad I could help!  I honestly read his quotes 3 times trying to figure out this 'controversy' and I just sat there scratching my head. 

Sections
Shortcuts