Ortiz just never stops complaining...ever

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Ortiz just never stops complaining...ever

In response to crowtrobot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i believe in Karma....Ortiz should try to be a bit more humble....he might be one or two years away from being useless Beckett....think about your legacy Papi, not the extra millions you dont need

[/QUOTE]

And what exactly will be Ortiz' legacy?   What do you remember more?  Walk off HR in game 4 of the 2004 ALCS?  Grand slam off Benoit?   World Series MVP?   Or a bunch of press conferences and maybe some Herald articles when there was almost no other baseball news to write about?

[/QUOTE]

Both Geo and Pimpsie will remember the complaining more than the feats on the field. The reason for this is that their jealous of Ortiz whining more than they do.

[/QUOTE]

I remember Feb 9, 2014. That would be the last day without your garbage on this board.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

What's his legacy?  Great hitter, practically won the '13 Series by himself.

Big baby whiner.

Sorry.  That's how I thnk of him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Like Ralph Kramden, David has a BIGGGG mouth.   We should be used to it by now. What is far more important is the fact that no one is more responsible for ending an 86 year drought and putting this team where it stands now, on top of the baseball world, than David Ortiz. Listening to his occasional outbursts is a small price to pay for all that he has done for this franchise and it's fans. 

[/QUOTE]

dgalehouse wins the thread easily with this post.  And galehouse is not an 'all roses and sunshine' guy here by any means.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

i believe in Karma....Ortiz should try to be a bit more humble....he might be one or two years away from being useless Beckett....think about your legacy Papi, not the extra millions you dont need

And what exactly will be Ortiz' legacy?   What do you remember more?  Walk off HR in game 4 of the 2004 ALCS?  Grand slam off Benoit?   World Series MVP?   Or a bunch of press conferences and maybe some Herald articles when there was almost no other baseball news to write about?

[/QUOTE]

well you were already wrong with the way Beckett would be remembered. You and a handful of sad sacks try to "thank Josh" for 2007 every now and then when his name is mentioned but you must be living in a hole if you think that any of those things matter now. He is a joke and hated for his arrogance. I guess you believe that there is nothing Papi can do to hurt his reputation. You are terribly wrong. There are a million things that can make a great player a pariah....just ask Manny, Josh, Pete Rose, Mark McGuire

[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure (re: 100%) that anything i have said about Beckett regarding 2007 was kept in proper context.

As for Ortiz, he can only tarnish his legacy among extremely judgemental people.  Is there some sort of logic behind trying to compare him to deliberate rule breakers Rose, Manny and McGwire?   Exactly what rule does Ortiz break at press conferences?   Rose committed the cardinal sin for MLB.   McGwire is among the most amous names inthe PED scandal that defined a decade.   Manny also had two failed PED tests and notoriously quit on his teammated.  Ditto Beckett (minus PED), although his status of poster boy for the 2011 collapse is really also only highly-ranking among the extemely judgemental and the kind of person who needs to point a deliberate finger somewhere.

I can answer that. He broke the Fan Imposed Rule that he fit into their mold and behavior and not be himself.  

Ortiz did not say happy things at a press conference.  Yeah, that's the same.   Neither did Bobby Valentine.  Why aren't you so down on him?  Oh, and Francona had happy press confernces, but refused to manage the team the way you wanted.  The nerve.   No, this is not a judgmental thing at all.

Is all this because I am supposed to think anyone who has EVER said "This team won IN SPITE OF Francona" should be taken seriously?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

well you were already wrong with the way Beckett would be remembered. You and a handful of sad sacks try to "thank Josh" for 2007 every now and then when his name is mentioned but you must be living in a hole if you think that any of those things matter now. He is a joke and hated for his arrogance. I guess you believe that there is nothing Papi can do to hurt his reputation. You are terribly wrong. There are a million things that can make a great player a pariah....just ask Manny, Josh, Pete Rose, Mark McGuire

[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure (re: 100%) that anything i have said about Beckett regarding 2007 was kept in proper context.

As for Ortiz, he can only tarnish his legacy among extremely judgemental people.  Is there some sort of logic behind trying to compare him to deliberate rule breakers Rose, Manny and McGwire?   Exactly what rule does Ortiz break at press conferences?   Rose committed the cardinal sin for MLB.   McGwire is among the most amous names inthe PED scandal that defined a decade.   Manny also had two failed PED tests and notoriously quit on his teammated.  Ditto Beckett (minus PED), although his status of poster boy for the 2011 collapse is really also only highly-ranking among the extemely judgemental and the kind of person who needs to point a deliberate finger somewhere.

I can answer that. He broke the Fan Imposed Rule that he fit into their mold and behavior and not be himself.  

Ortiz did not say happy things at a press conference.  Yeah, that's the same.   Neither did Bobby Valentine.  Why aren't you so down on him?  Oh, and Francona had happy press confernces, but refused to manage the team the way you wanted.  The nerve.   No, this is not a judgmental thing at all.

Is all this because I am supposed to think anyone who has EVER said "This team won IN SPITE OF Francona" should be taken seriously?

[/QUOTE]

You conventiently ignored Papi being on the list of PED users, remember? he was going to find out what happened but somehow like OJ trying to find the real killer, it sort of never happened. AROD is perhaps the greatest player who ever played in the recent era/or maybe any era, but is he now? Teams win championships, and although Ortiz's exploits were awesome when it mattered, he is a DH. That is simply a part time player. Once again I stick my my original post. Stop whining about money because it is hurting your reputation. He is an icon now. Crying abouy money you seriously dont need is not wise and will backfire. As far as Francona goes that "inspite of him" was not me. I thought he was the worst manager i have ever seen when it came to managing pitchers and enabling beckettitis but I have mentioned many times that in 2004 his calmness down 3-0 was as important as Roberts stealing. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]

You conventiently ignored Papi being on the list of PED users, remember? he was going to find out what happened but somehow like OJ trying to find the real killer, it sort of never happened.

[/QUOTE]

To the best of my knowledge, what Ortiz said about the positive test in 2003 was that he's never been told exactly what he tested positive for.

To the best of my knowledge, that's true.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2014/03/13/david-ortiz-guys-my-age-are-supposed-to-be-complementary-players/

The hypocrisy is astounding.

Added Ortiz: “I’ll give it a try, but I don’t think there’s a baseball player that has lived through this pressure at my age. Think about it. Guys my age are supposed to be complementary players. Nobody signs guys my age to be ‘The Man.

I then heard Merloni on the radio saying, "This is a private conversation that he (Ortiz) went public with. Last year he was talking about 'Why can't we get guys like Hamilton?'...I don't even know what to say."

Merloni has always been a huge Ortiz defender, and even he couldn't say anything.

Ortiz just shouldn't say anything. Just go play. EVERYONE loves you on the field.

[/QUOTE]

And there are those you like you who whine about Ortiz. My reaction to be of you. Who cares !!

Hetch

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

I would prefer that Papi not say some of the things that he says to the media, but I also think that the way that he says some things is not exactly what he means.  I know I have heard him in numerouse post-game interviews, where the interviewer will ask a question, and Papi will answer something different.  Even though he has been in this country for years, there are still some issues with him fully understanding the English language.

At any rate, as others have said, it's not a big deal.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

Why didn't the interviewer flat out ask him, "Hey, Big Papi!  What about Napoli? What about Pedey? Didn't Bogarts come through in the WS?  We now have AJ who has quite a bit of power.  WMB came on rather well his second time around.  Isn't your tone insulting to these players?"

The reason the interviewer did not is probably because he was not wearing brown pants that day!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

I finally heard this interview with ortiz and once again it was no big deal.  They were not comments with his personal gain in mind but the whole team's benefit. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to crowtrobot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I finally heard this interview with ortiz and once again it was no big deal.  They were not comments with his personal gain in mind but the whole team's benefit. 

[/QUOTE]

Bringing facts to this forum will not stop Geo and Pimpsie from whining. All you're doing is raining on their parade.

[/QUOTE]

David is more at ease so I suspect the contract is all inked out and it will just be a matter of time before the press is informed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You conventiently ignored Papi being on the list of PED users, remember? he was going to find out what happened but somehow like OJ trying to find the real killer, it sort of never happened. AROD is perhaps the greatest player who ever played in the recent era/or maybe any era, but is he now? Teams win championships, and although Ortiz's exploits were awesome when it mattered, he is a DH. That is simply a part time player. Once again I stick my my original post. Stop whining about money because it is hurting your reputation. He is an icon now. Crying abouy money you seriously dont need is not wise and will backfire. As far as Francona goes that "inspite of him" was not me. I thought he was the worst manager i have ever seen when it came to managing pitchers and enabling beckettitis but I have mentioned many times that in 2004 his calmness down 3-0 was as important as Roberts stealing. 

[/QUOTE]

Whether or not Ortiz was a PED user is not the subject of this thread.   I didn’t forget it;  I’m just not addressing the subject change.  Your insistence was that his legacy would be destroyed by his constant complaining and his boisterous press conferences, and then to support this you compared him to many people like Rose, McGwire, etc. whose legacies were tainted by breaking actual rules.   NOW you want to bring the PED issue back into it?  Given up on the "complaining is ruining his legacy" angle already?

PED issues do have a potential impact on his legacy, although nowadays they only seem to surface when Yankee fans want to rain on the Sox parade.  However, there is almost zero chance that Ortiz’ contract demands and press conference complaining have any impact on his legacy, except among the most judgmental of fans.   If you don’t like it when athletes air their contract demands publicly, I am not sure how you follow sports.

As for Francona, maybe you were more of a “Francoma” guy.  Clearly winning two World Series titles was not enough for Francona to convince you he had a clue as to what he was doing.  I know there were some fans who felt he was a failure for not winning more than two.  Don’t make that argument; it is only made by stupid people.   But it was nice that you supported Francona for nearly one full week almost 10 years ago during the ALCS.  You blindly supported the far more questionable and infintely less successful Bobby Valentine for much, much longer.  And did so long before Valentine even reached an ALCS. 

Probably a good thing you did not wait for him to.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

none of the people that are supposedly on the list were ever told what they tested positive or flagged for.  that was part of the agreement.  part of the agreement was also that they would remain anonymous.  so i dont believe any of the people that have been "outed" by "sources" were ever officially told.  i think that would violate the 2003 agreement. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to Ergoetal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What's his legacy?  Great hitter, practically won the '13 Series by himself.

Big baby whiner.

Sorry.  That's how I thnk of him.

[/QUOTE]

Which is fine.  You shouldn't feel sorry for your opnion. There is no objective truth.  But, that is his legacy to YOU because you spin his little whines one way.  but if you are talking about a collective legacy, what he means to the Sox fanbase at large, I will wager that the whines will be put in their proper place when weighted against his baseball exploits.  Wins will weigh faaaarrrr heavier than his whines. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

none of the people that are supposedly on the list were ever told what they tested positive or flagged for.  that was part of the agreement.  part of the agreement was also that they would remain anonymous.  so i dont believe any of the people that have been "outed" by "sources" were ever officially told.  i think that would violate the 2003 agreement. 

[/QUOTE]

I believe you're correct. But once the supposedly secret list became no longer secret, MLB should have provided more information if a player requested it (which I believe Ortiz did in this case). Instead he'll always have the stigma of a positive test attached to him and will always be considered guilty by some no matter what even though we, the public, have no idea what led to the positive result.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

I really dont think he's a whiner - but if it persists he will be seen in a much worse light - that of a selfish grifter looking for the biggest chunk of money he can find even though he already owns this town and will replace Ted Williams as the standard bearer of the Bosox.  Once again he doesnt need the money so quit crying. You're going to get paid....and the greatest amount is from fans who offer him life long worship and appreciation...oh yea and he's already made over 100 mill in his career already not counting endorsements...

Notin and other cheerleaders can try to divert all the attention they want to other things (really, Francona????) but this is about Papi being selfish and ugly. No amount of winning excuses that. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Undecided

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

I really dont think he's a whiner - but if it persists he will be seen in a much worse light - that of a selfish grifter looking for the biggest chunk of money he can find even though he already owns this town and will replace Ted Williams as the standard bearer of the Bosox.  Once again he doesnt need the money so quit crying. You're going to get paid....and the greatest amount is from fans who offer him life long worship and appreciation...oh yea and he's already made over 100 mill in his career already not counting endorsements...

Notin and other cheerleaders can try to divert all the attention they want to other things (really, Francona????) but this is about Papi being selfish and ugly. No amount of winning excuses that. 

[/QUOTE]

It's not "diverting".

It's displaying your poor understanding of baseball.

A polite way of saying you don't have a clue.