1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Re: Ortiz just never stops complaining...ever

In response to georom4's comment:

I really dont think he's a whiner - but if it persists he will be seen in a much worse light - that of a selfish grifter looking for the biggest chunk of money he can find even though he already owns this town and will replace Ted Williams as the standard bearer of the Bosox.  Once again he doesnt need the money so quit crying. You're going to get paid....and the greatest amount is from fans who offer him life long worship and appreciation...oh yea and he's already made over 100 mill in his career already not counting endorsements...

Notin and other cheerleaders can try to divert all the attention they want to other things (really, Francona????) but this is about Papi being selfish and ugly. No amount of winning excuses that. 

....but this is about Papi being selfish and ugly

Anyone that says this knows very little about Ortiz and the man he is.

He is the furthest thing from being selfish and ugly.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I just want to add something to this discussion...

saying Ortiz struggles with the english language at all is the pinnacle of excuse making. Never once on camera have I ever seen him pause, stutter, ask for clarification due to language barrier, or need a translator.

I have seen things printed, and then where then OTHER people make that excuse for him, but never have I seen him struggle with the language. He knows what he's saying, and he's saying what he means.

Also, his legacy will partly be written with how he ends his career, and where. If he ends up taking a spiteful end-of-career trip to the NYY, as he has twice threatened, that will surely have an effect.

Also, someone like Curt Schilling came here, played here, fell in love, and moved here...that should be taken into consideration too. I love guys who truly love Boston. Does Ortiz? In my opinion, no. I think, and I've said this before, once his playing career is done, you won't be seeing him in Boston except on special Sox days. It's not high on the list (becoming a transplanted local)...but it's on my list, and it matters to me. That part is yet-to-be-determined, and I don't judge him based on what I THINK will happen, but I am curious to find out.

It bothered me when about half-a-dozen Sox took the time to film little personal videos that got used in a video "I like beer" in 2011, and in 2014 this kind of bothers me too:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1724411/off-the-bat-mlb-fan-cave-exclusive.jhtml

I don't know...I know it shouldn't, but it does. I know I hold athletes to a high standard...but I refuse to lower it. These guys make truck-fulls of money, and are often worshipped like Gods in the cities they play. If they wnt to go back to the days of being regular guys with off-season jobs...well, my expectations will certainly change. They want, even EXPECT, all that money, love and attention, I'm going to hold them up to a high standard.

People like Tom Brady so obviously 'get it'. It's not really that hard.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:

saying Ortiz struggles with the english language at all is the pinnacle of excuse making. Never once on camera have I ever seen him pause, stutter, ask for clarification due to language barrier, or need a translator.

I have seen things printed, and then where then OTHER people make that excuse for him, but never have I seen him struggle with the language. He knows what he's saying, and he's saying what he means.

Also, his legacy will partly be written with how he ends his career, and where. If he ends up taking a spiteful end-of-career trip to the NYY, as he has twice threatened, that will surely have an effect.

Also, someone like Curt Schilling came here, played here, fell in love, and moved here...that should be taken into consideration too. I love guys who truly love Boston. Does Ortiz? In my opinion, no. I think, and I've said this before, once his playing career is done, you won't be seeing him in Boston except on special Sox days. It's not high on the list (becoming a transplanted local)...but it's on my list, and it matters to me. That part is yet-to-be-determined, and I don't judge him based on what I THINK will happen, but I am curious to find out.

It bothered me when about half-a-dozen Sox took the time to film little personal videos that got used in a video "I like beer" in 2011, and in 2014 this kind of bothers me too:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1724411/off-the-bat-mlb-fan-cave-exclusive.jhtml

I don't know...I know it shouldn't, but it does. I know I hold athletes to a high standard...but I refuse to lower it. These guys make truck-fulls of money, and are often worshipped like Gods in the cities they play. If they wnt to go back to the days of being regular guys with off-season jobs...well, my expectations will certainly change. They want, even EXPECT, all that money, love and attention, I'm going to hold them up to a high standard.

Bottom line IMO, they're all human. If they want to do something that earns them more money on their off time....go for it. If they are working hard, which Ortiz and the rest of the guys did and proved last year then they have every right to take advantage of opportunities that come their way. In a real life cituation, are you going to begrudge the guy in the office that puts in tons of overtime and gets a bonus? No. You wouldn't.

When Ortiz retires, I don't expect him to be in Boston 24/7. The DR is his home, I do believe he will keep close ties to Boston. I guess he'll cross that bridge when he gets to it and probably after a long discussion of where his family wants to be, since bottom line it is about where he and his family choose to live.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

dude...they're just people.  some are good, some are bad.  some are nice, some are mean.  some talk too much, some dont talk enough.  let it go.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

dude...they're just people.  some are good, some are bad.  some are nice, some are mean.  some talk too much, some dont talk enough.  let it go.

You and 2013soxchamps actually read all that crap? Wink

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

ok, the complaining about his complaining has now gone on longer than his complaining Tongue OutWink

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

ok, the complaining about his complaining has now gone on longer than his complaining Tongue OutWink

No kidding.... Laughing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2014/03/13/david-ortiz-guys-my-age-are-supposed-to-be-complementary-players/

The hypocrisy is astounding.

Added Ortiz: “I’ll give it a try, but I don’t think there’s a baseball player that has lived through this pressure at my age. Think about it. Guys my age are supposed to be complementary players. Nobody signs guys my age to be ‘The Man.

I then heard Merloni on the radio saying, "This is a private conversation that he (Ortiz) went public with. Last year he was talking about 'Why can't we get guys like Hamilton?'...I don't even know what to say."

Merloni has always been a huge Ortiz defender, and even he couldn't say anything.

Ortiz just shouldn't say anything. Just go play. EVERYONE loves you on the field.

The Papi situation is simple and David should also realize this by now.  The Sox will take care of David every year as long as he keeps producing and wants to play period.  He is the best DH ever and our best bat.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Complaining about Boston's current greatest sports treasure, and perhaps with his 3 WS titles, arguably one of Boston's sports' greatest players ever, ....is the height of...who cares. I'd give Ortiz 20 million just so that if 10 were wasted if he doesn't produce, then it will be a drop in the bucket in which Carl Crawford did not produce, Jose Offerman did not produce, for 2 seasons John Lackey barely produced, and any other overpaid free agent signing the Sox have done over the years. I've never seen a Boston sports athlete who deserves a free pass more than this guy. I'd give him a $15 million bonus just for helping the Sox to win 3 WS titles alone. I don't care if he hits .200 this year, he's done his job and he's always done his job. He produced at a level that only a juiced-up Bonds could produce at in the '13 WS. If he wants to say he's more important than anyone else, guess what? He is. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

The problem with your critism of Ortiz is simply. You posted a list of Ortiz's flaws under the guise of painting a complete picture. But it was a pathetic attempt because it's hardly a complete picture of Ortiz.

Ortiz has his flaws. We all do. And expecting an athlete not to have flaws because you want to hold them to a ridiculously higher standard is nothing more than creating a situation where you can mindlessly rip any athlete at any time on the flimsiest of reasons.

And it's even more absurd to rip Ortiz on your opinion about how much he loves Boston. You make a negative answer to that simply so you can rip him some more. That's lame.

If you want to be honest with everyone, then in addition to listing all his supposed flaws in the 11-plus years he's been in Boston, why don't you add all good things he's done on the field -- key player in three W.S. titles -- and off the field -- involvement with Jimmy Fund, how he interacts with fans, his presence in the locker room, etc.

You don't mention any of the positives because they simply overwhelm the negatives, which are exagerated to begin with. Not to mention how you seem to go out of your way to be offended by the stupidest things.

Like I said, Ortiz isn't perfect. He's done or said things that makes you want to roll your eyes. However, I don't need my "heroes" (for lack of a better term) to be perfect nor do I want them to. That's hardly interesting. That a human being with actual flaws and human weaknesses can achieve great things is much more interesting.

My favorite president is George Washington, not the marble figure you read about in bad history, but the human being with flaws and weakness who still achieved greatness.

You paint Ortiz like some kind of Carl Everett-like villain, which says more about you than it does about him, setting the bar at ridiculous levels.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Roy - I've listed his, what I view as, transgressions, but I've never hidden from his triumphs.

How do I "rip" Ortiz? What, at any point, have I said that isn't factual? Did I make any of this up? Oh, right...Ortiz can have his opinion, but I shouldn't. Interesting.

Crow - What severe problem would that be? I've consistently pointed out you do nothing more than follow me around and insult me. You never did google projection, did you? No, I know you didn't.

BBBBs - Ditto what I said to Crow, thanks for the 0 contributions.

Craze - I actually said just that weeks ago...Had he never said anything at all, he'd likely have gotten more money over his career rather than he has by demanding extra years so often.

2013 - All fair points...I just disagree with some of them. As far as the TV thing...you are right. I don't have much of a leg to stand on...it's just part of my very high expectations of them.

The only people I've ever "ripped" are the fans who feel the need to attack me based on my opinion that they disagree with. BBBBs, Crow, I'm speaking directly to you and a few others. You could have just said nothing....wait, you did ay nothing. But I mean literally not made a post. You offered NOTHING to the thread what-so-ever. It's ok to disagree, but you two are truly unlikeable people. You constantly attack me...prove otherwise. Crow, you wouldn't want to meet me? THANK GOD! Keep making new names, eventually someone, somewhere, at some point, may want to meet you.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to crowtrobot's comment:

In response to shorect's comment:

For some reason BDC wanta an lame brain, crude, insulting troll to remain here and prefers to ban others who contest him. The reason must be revenue related. I can't imagine any other rationale.  Maybe Crow does su-ck John Henry's co-ck.

Bye,Pike. Rot in hell!

Oh my god...you really spun off the deep end last night! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I don't threaten people. That's your deal...or maybe it was BBBBs...one of you clowns literally admitted you wanted to punch me in the face. Sad. Just sad. You try to be a character...but you can't keep the facade up and the miserable simpleton comes pouring out!

Here gimpy gimpy gimpy....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

For some reason BDC wanta an lame brain, crude, insulting troll to remain here and prefers to ban others who contest him. The reason must be revenue related. I can't imagine any other rationale.  Maybe Crow does su-ck John Henry's co-ck.

Bye,Pike. Rot in hell!

I don't threaten people. That's your deal...or maybe it was BBBBs...one of you clowns literally admitted you wanted to punch me in the face. Sad. Just sad. You try to be a character...but you can't keep the facade up and the miserable simpleton comes pouring out!

It wasn't me.

I don't want to get stupid all over my hand.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Bye,Pike. Rot in hell!

It wasn't me.

I don't want to get stupid all over my hand.

AND THERE IT IS!

A retort that actually made me laugh.

Well done.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Bye,Pike. Rot in hell!

I picture you as a miserable old faht who gets picked on a lot. Btw, the board has already banned a couple of nut jobs recently, hopefully you'll be the 3rd.

Nope. Still ticking. If I ever got banned, I wouldn't be back. I would get the hint. Some people never do...

Sections
Shortcuts