Ortiz on 2011 season: 'I'm a beast. I’m strong as hell.'

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Re: Ortiz on 2011 season: 'I'm a beast. I’m strong as hell.'

In Response to Re: Ortiz on 2011 season: 'I'm a beast. I’m strong as hell.':
    [QUOTE]Am I the only one who noticed that Papi dropped some weight and appears in great shape? I loved it when he beat out his hit to third while they were all in their shift against him. lol  The fans were cheering him on, and he loved it. He was laughing and having a great time with his hollywood shades. Really fun. I think he is a beast and strong as hell. I would hate for us to be watching him on another team right now after the team had traded him. I always believed that he would be doing what he's doing now -- and it's awesome. Totally unrelated but, the cutest thing was when those two little boys sitting in the first row by the dugout stuck their hands out for Carl Crawford to slap after he hit his grand slam. So sweet that he took the time to slap hands with them, and then went on to the team to do the same. Sorry, but I just love those moments.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

I noticed. It was cool.

Papi is more than a DH. He is the soul of this organization. One of the greatest hitters ever to wear a RedSox uniform.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

He is the soul of this organization

Racist comment. Ortiz is the heart of the Red Sox.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]He is the soul of this organization
    Racist comment. Ortiz is the heart of the Red Sox.
    Posted by S0ftl@w[/QUOTE]

What, pray tell, is the difference between being the heart or the soul of anything?  Both are elemental, primary, singularly necessary to survive never mind thrive.

Is it possible for you to ever give a compliment?  A straight compliment without tearing at something else?  Are you genetically impaired so badly that while the very people you are arguing with are trying to say good things about someone that all you can do is rip someone else apart to make your point about how good or bad something else is? 

Here Papi is getting a supreme compliment and all you can do is throw acid on it.  "The soul" of someting is that great something more than just the physical that gives character, personality, flair to physical existance.  Big Papi can't be that?  The poster can't say that the Sox have special characteristics because David Ortiz is in the very middle of its every game and espression?

Racist, my back side.

When .... when are you going to start joining us as Red Sox fans instead of just cutting whatever comes up?  

You need a shrink, a rabi, priest or something ... you're a sick man. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Kim, Harness,

Please excuse me for going off .... 

You two were talking about something really cool.  A nice moment to be shared and that is great.  As I posted my rant, I realized that the best thing here was you two enjoying a Kodak moment.  I honor that and hope I didn't mess it up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

There is no one in RSN who doesn't love Papi. That's crazy.

No, it's reality. And soul is an old stereotype for colored people. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]  There is no one in RSN who doesn't love Papi. That's crazy. No, it's reality. And soul is an old stereotype for colored people. 

Colored people?

You really do live in the past.

Soul is what "colored people" had.  Honkies didn't.

But to "BE THE SOUL OF" SOMETHINING is about as high a praise as one could receive.  THere is no color attached, only praise. 

You really are sick.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

SinceYaz I do respect that as soon as things get bleak you rush in and try to steer the fans base back on course... your a true fan. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ortiz on 2011 season: 'I'm a beast. I’m strong as hell.' : I noticed. It was cool. Papi is more than a DH. He is the soul of this organization. One of the greatest hitters ever to wear a RedSox uniform.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE] Ortiz has done similar(though it wasn't kids) it was during a week that i think MLB was honoring the military, the week after the Bin Laden op. i posted a video link of Ortiz stopping to hug two soldiers seated near the dugout at the tail end of a jack...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]He is the soul of this organization Racist comment. Ortiz is the heart of the Red Sox.

You truly r an idiot...get a life and rent a friend...IGNORE..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pittnhsteven. Show pittnhsteven's posts

If Ellsbury won the GG, MVP, and hit .420 (ala Ty Cobb, who likely has a few things in common with our protagonist), Softy would still find a flaw.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pittnhsteven. Show pittnhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ortiz on 2011 season: 'I'm a beast. I’m strong as hell.' : He's certainly doing what it takes when we need it. Gotta like his rising to the clutch again. He's always been the man . He deserves strong MVP consideration, but the fact that he DHs will weigh him down. My vote would go like this: 1) Verlander 2) Granderson 3) AGon 4) Papi 5) Beckett 6) Sabathia 7) Ellsbury 8) Shields 9) Bautista 10) Cabrera
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

: I would put AGon above Granderson, move Ells above Papi, and find a spot for Pedey.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

He'd likely claim that Jake's OPS vs. LH Cherokee pitchers was weak.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

If Ellsbury won the GG, MVP, and hit .420 (ala Ty Cobb, who likely has a few things in common with our protagonist),

Ellsbury is on his way to gg, well earned while none of Jeters were well earned. Ellsbury is on his way to league MVP with his RBI and OPS and steals and disrputing pitchers, and has exceeded the best season Drew ever had in his malingering career.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Yanks played until 3 a.m. and you are trolling four hours later? You call this normal behavior?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

[QUOTE]royf19 Posts: 6086 First: 3/15/2009 Last: 9/3/2011               Beloved by more Red Sox fans is Fiction. 
    how about 43% of them?Wink

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

How about 100% Harness guarantee.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Early on I said that Ortiz was going to have a big season. It's all in the wrists.