3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Ortiz shut down.

In response to Polly-'s comment:

In response to jackbu's comment:

the op of this thread seems to have vanished

pike

My guess is that Redsoxpride34 got banned.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to ms_obstinate's comment:

It's a wait and see game with Ortiz. I think we'll all have a better idea how the season will go once he starts playing. If he plays 10 games and then goes out with "soreness" we'll see the writing on the wall. If he comes back and hits, then it's all good and we can thank Ben.

Time will tell.

Exactly...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

They made 8 obvious mistakes blunders which resulted in the 150 million plus garbage roster they have now, as I warned before Red Sox management made them:

1. They prematurely offered Beckett a massive extension (I said to wait until year as Beckett no longer had the goods to get a big FA contract)

2. They signed the man I said to avoid like the plague, Carl Crawford

3, They traded AGon for two prospects and farm scraps, to try and sweep the 50 million total loss of Crawbust under the rug. The deal that this board calls "the deal of the century" was "we made the worst deal of the century and now have Mike Carp and bad hip DH Napoli and bad wheel Ortiz for 1st and DH and a couple of career MLB starter lower league tier hopeful prospects".

4. They should have kept Beckett for 2013, not signed Dumpster, and then traded Beckett's last year of his contract by 2013 year end for prospects, and sent some cash if needed.

5. They should have kept the 12 million sent to the Dodgers and then written off Crawford in the summer or end of 2013, and not signed Shane (which is smelly garbage for garbage)

6. They should have acquired J. Upton via trade market by cashing out Ellsbury in the open market and sending 3 or 4 from the farm except for Bradley and Bogaerts and Barnes (Braves sent a weak trade package) and then extended J. Upton through age 33 at base 16 to get his "trade leverage list" waiver to complete the deal.

7. They should have signed R. Johnson to a 1 year 2M contract to bridge to Bradley, Jr., which turns out not to be needed so R. Johnson could be used as the 4th OF'er      

8. They game Ortiz a 2 year contract in a 1 year max market

9. They gave a 10 million dollar contract to Drew and should have gone with Iglesias

The opening day lineup would then now be:

Bradley, Jr

Pedroia

J. Upton

AGon

Middlebrooks

Napoli

Gomes/Sweeney (Bridge to Bogaerts who should be a corner OFer as he is no middle IF'er)

Ross/Salty

Iglesias

Justin Upton and his lifetime .837 OPS would not have waived his no trade clause to come to the Red Sox. I'm assuming R Johnson is 35 year old Reed Johnson, the owner of a .752 lifetime OPS. If 32 year old Shane Victorino is old and in decline where does that leave Johnson? At least you didn't mention Sizemore and Podsednick this time. I do agree with you about putting XMan in a corner outfield spot. Not because I believe he can't play SS, but because the Red Sox have a lot of SS prospects.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to ThefourBs's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's a wait and see game with Ortiz. I think we'll all have a better idea how the season will go once he starts playing. If he plays 10 games and then goes out with "soreness" we'll see the writing on the wall. If he comes back and hits, then it's all good and we can thank Ben.

Time will tell.

Exactly...

Have you thanked Ben for bailey, melacon, Lillibridge, and bard as a starter? Seems like your wait and see attitude only goes one way

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

In response to ThefourBs's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Time will tell.

Exactly...

Have you thanked Ben for bailey, melacon, Lillibridge, and bard as a starter? Seems like your wait and see attitude only goes one way

Sorry, I don't expect a GM to be perfect. None of them are.

You know this, of course.

But, you enjoy the attention that whinning brings, so you ignore it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

ben is a terrible GM - no need to whine about whats in front of us since he took over...one disaster after another - the Reverse Midas Touch...papi/drew2 are the latest....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

ben is a terrible GM - no need to whine about whats in front of us since he took over...one disaster after another - the Reverse Midas Touch...papi/drew2 are the latest....

Yawwn...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

They made 8 obvious mistakes blunders which resulted in the 150 million plus garbage roster they have now, as I warned before Red Sox management made them:

1. They prematurely offered Beckett a massive extension (I said to wait until year as Beckett no longer had the goods to get a big FA contract)

3, They traded AGon for two prospects and farm scraps, to try and sweep the 50 million total loss of Crawbust under the rug. The deal that this board calls "the deal of the century" was "we made the worst deal of the century and now have Mike Carp and bad hip DH Napoli and bad wheel Ortiz for 1st and DH and a couple of career MLB starter lower league tier hopeful prospects".

4. They should have kept Beckett for 2013, not signed Dumpster, and then traded Beckett's last year of his contract by 2013 year end for prospects, and sent some cash if needed.

5. They should have kept the 12 million sent to the Dodgers and then written off Crawford in the summer or end of 2013, and not signed Shane (which is smelly garbage for garbage)

6. They should have acquired J. Upton via trade market by cashing out Ellsbury in the open market and sending 3 or 4 from the farm except for Bradley and Bogaerts and Barnes (Braves sent a weak trade package) and then extended J. Upton through age 33 at base 16 to get his "trade leverage list" waiver to complete the deal.

7. They should have signed R. Johnson to a 1 year 2M contract to bridge to Bradley, Jr., which turns out not to be needed so R. Johnson could be used as the 4th OF'er      

9. They gave a 10 million dollar contract to Drew and should have gone with Iglesias

Bradley, Jr

Pedroia

J. Upton

AGon

Middlebrooks

Napoli

Gomes/Sweeney (Bridge to Bogaerts who should be a corner OFer as he is no middle IF'er)

Ross/Salty

Iglesias

So they "prematurely offered Beckett a massive contract" but they also "should have kept Beckett for 2013" when they had the opportunity to unload his bloated contract?  That makes no sense, not that Dumpster is a bargain. And the "farm scraps" they got for Agon are two primo pitching prospects, the kind of pitchers who potentially can help a franchise for years to come-AND they got rid of Gonzalez's bloated contract along with Crawford's? If they got nothing for Beckett, Crawford, and Gonzalez it still would have been the right thing to do. And Upton was never coming here; he didn't want to play here. Finally, until Iglesias proves he can consistently hit the baseball he should never be penciled into any major league lineup, and frankly, I think that day will never come.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

Why not go cheer for someone else then?

Theo was a terrible GM too according to geo. And Francona was a terrible manager. The one guy geo has liked was Bobby V. If it weren't so pathetic it would be funny.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Bradley, Jr

Pedroia

J. Upton

AGon

Middlebrooks

Napoli

Ross/Salty

Iglesias

So they "prematurely offered Beckett a massive contract" but they also "should have kept Beckett for 2013" when they had the opportunity to unload his bloated contract?  That makes no sense, not that Dumpster is a bargain. And the "farm scraps" they got for Agon are two primo pitching prospects, the kind of pitchers who potentially can help a franchise for years to come-AND they got rid of Gonzalez's bloated contract along with Crawford's? If they got nothing for Beckett, Crawford, and Gonzalez it still would have been the right thing to do. And Upton was never coming here; he didn't want to play here. Finally, until Iglesias proves he can consistently hit the baseball he should never be penciled into any major league lineup, and frankly, I think that day will never come.

Cute nicknames.

What are you?

10 years old?

Happy you like the SINGLE "cute nickname" I used. I certainly plan to keep entertaining children like you with them in the future.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

doubtful.

I put whiners like you on ignore.......and funny...children use nicknames.

Let me know when u learn baseball.....so I guess we will hear from you in 10 years.

Great! Thats what ignore buttons are for! I am relieved to hear that I will not need to continue to hear from you in the future.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts