Ortiz shut down.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Ortiz shut down.

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Justin Upton and his lifetime .837 OPS would not have waived his no trade clause to come to the Red Sox.

False, for 100 million extension he would have waived it. It's not really a "no-trade clause" it's a CBA fiction to allow veteran players to use it as leverage to get extensions.

I'm assuming R Johnson is 35 year old Reed Johnson, the owner of a .752 lifetime OPS. If 32 year old Shane Victorino is old and in decline where does that leave Johnson?

What R. Johnson is left is 36 million dollars cheaper than Shane.

Can you slow down and help us understand what you are trying to say? Try and read your sentences before you type them.  This way people will be able to understand you better.

Thanks!

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

what's with all these threads where the OP is sacked???..

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Sorry to hear that he is still out.......  I wonder for how long ????

Until the milk shake fountain in his home land is fixed. 

There you oldie, seeing that you were polite on my tread, I will add a response to yours.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

In response to ms_obstinate's comment:

In response to jackbu's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Sorry to hear that he is still out.......  I wonder for how long ????

Until the milk shake fountain in his home land is fixed. 

There you oldie, seeing that you were polite on my tread, I will add a response to yours.

You only reply to bash Ortiz more you fool no one.

I really don't need to come on here to bash Ortiz.  It is pretty obvious by now that his two year deal is now a big joke and it is erasing the great deal the sox pulled off in getting rid of the dead weight of last season.

My 71 game thread is coming true and I went out on a limb and took a lot of hits by you.  I said what I thought rather then go with the crowd and blend in.

Ortiz will not be a major factor this year.  The other problem the sox now face is when Ortiz is ready, which young future all star do the sox send down?  As much as sox fan love their veterans, they love their future all stars. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:

and this is why you dont build your offense around a mid thirties DH who is getting to the end of his career who is coming off a significant injury, but hey we dont need justin upton. not at all when we have ortiz hitting clean up. Now the only thing he will be hitting is the DL.

our team is built around him?? i thought it was built around our future crop of prospects and our existing premium talent (Pedey, buch, Lester)

premium talent? you did look at their stats last year, right?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

and this is why you dont build your offense around a mid thirties DH who is getting to the end of his career who is coming off a significant injury, but hey we dont need justin upton. not at all when we have ortiz hitting clean up. Now the only thing he will be hitting is the DL.

our team is built around him?? i thought it was built around our future crop of prospects and our existing premium talent (Pedey, buch, Lester)

are humans incapable of error? even the greatest players have downyears. MJ did not win the MVP every year. Jerry Rice didn't lead the league in every statistical WR catecory... Looking at their body of work, they are premium talents. If you don't think so then look at what lesser players have been getting paid these past few years then imagine what those 3 would be getting if they hit the open market.

Lester- Around the A Sanchez deal (likely more)

Buch- 4/13-16

Pedey- Cano sized deal but probably a bit less in years and salary.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

are humans incapable of error? even the greatest players have downyears. MJ did not win the MVP every year. Jerry Rice didn't lead the league in every statistical WR catecory... Looking at their body of work, they are premium talents. If you don't think so then look at what lesser players have been getting paid these past few years then imagine what those 3 would be getting if they hit the open market.

Lester- Around the A Sanchez deal (likely more)

Buch- 4/13-16

Pedey- Cano sized deal but probably a bit less in years and salary.

i think you are confusing premium talent with high pay...victorino and dempster are making 13 mil a yr...are they premium players? napoli too before his hip fell off

pedey had an Ok yr 2012 and could bounce back, but buch and lester? hardly premium players at this point

Sections
Shortcuts