Ortiz/Soldier

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Ortiz/Soldier

Good Morning all...with the country awash in the news about Bin Laden yesterday, a pretty cool moment between Ortiz and a front row soldier at the tail end of Ortiz's 2-run jack.........http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2011_05_02_anamlb_bosmlb_1&mode=wrap.....imo, don't have to be a Sox fan to appreciate his show of support..  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Re: Ortiz/Soldier

Cannons to the left, cannons to the right!

And SEAL teams to drop in on high, dry ground to snap up the most visible invisible man in Pakistan ....

Thanks, as others have said, to the service men and women who put this all together ...  long months, maybe even years of prep.  But they did it right!

And always thanks to Papi.  Always!

Nice post, Jete!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

That was a great moment Jete. Thanks for sharing

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

It was great and if he had the presence of mind to linger just a little longer it would have been even better! Special day. Special people. Special moment. The fact that he did it at all speaks to his personality and appreciation for these guys which truly was wonderful. We should do more of this sort of thing, spontaneously. All of us.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from byebyeepstein. Show byebyeepstein's posts

yeah, it's great to see millionaires, who play baseball, hug underpaid soldiers, who put their life on the line everyday. anybody see something wrong with that scenario?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

In Response to Re: Ortiz/Soldier:
    [QUOTE]yeah, it's great to see millionaires, who play baseball, hug underpaid soldiers, who put their life on the line everyday. anybody see something wrong with that scenario?
    Posted by byebyeepstein[/QUOTE]
    Frankly, no.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]yeah, it's great to see millionaires, who play baseball, hug underpaid soldiers, who put their life on the line everyday. anybody see something wrong with that scenario?
    Posted by byebyeepstein[/QUOTE]

It's not a scenario, it's the real deal! Ballplayers paying tribute to our men and women in uniform shows their patriotism and makes me proud to be an American!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from byebyeepstein. Show byebyeepstein's posts

hey alibiike,

i think you'd be proud to be anything.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc25. Show tc25's posts

In Response to Ortiz/Soldier:
    [QUOTE]Good Morning all...with the country awash in the news about Bin Laden yesterday, a pretty cool moment between Ortiz and a front row soldier at the tail end of Ortiz's 2-run jack ......... http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2011_05_02_anamlb_bosmlb_1&mode=wrap .....imo, don't have to be a Sox fan to appreciate his show of support..  
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc25. Show tc25's posts

JETE, not bad for a yankee fan not bad at all

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

It was a great moment ...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I personally feel very uncomfortable with all the flag waiving and sports-like cheering in the Wake of the Bin Laden execution.  But, the Papi hugging the soldiers after the dinger moment made me cry.  Awesome.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]JETE, not bad for a yankee fan not bad at all
    Posted by tc25[/QUOTE]LOL....thanks tc25, i had no problem putting fandom aside, for me...it's a baseball thing...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m