1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Ortiz throws a fit... destroys dugout phone with bat

Really David?  Up 7 - 2 and you lose your mind in the dugout cuz you K'd.  Shrapnel from the phone flying everywhere... players ducking for cover.  Pedie was PO'd with him.  Suspension coming from this one.

Catch the replay on SC for this one.  Not to be believed!!  Crazy.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Re: Ortiz throws a fit... destroys dugout phone with bat

Crazy night.  Mr. Smiles loses his mind with stupidity, and Mr. Everybody Hates Me goes off for 2HR and 5rbi.

Great way to get my 1000th post after 5+ years.   LOL!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Thx obstinate... Crazy!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Yes, a suspension of between 4-10 games I bet.

ROTFLMAO!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Ortiz is out of control and he is an embarassed his team and sox fans.  First of all he should not have started to walk to first before the call was made.  Umps don't like being showed up.  Then to act the way he did over a strike out is childish and unbecoming of a sports profesional and a role model for kids.

This guy has to learn to control his temper and emotions.  Francona recounted a meeting in his book that had ortiz storming in dropping the fbomb all over the place.  Then there was the game after the bombing.  He is showing no class and needs to clean up his act.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

He's a passionate player, its what makes him great.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

Yes, a suspension of between 4-10 games I bet.

ROTFLMAO!

I'd say 2 to 4 games if any, definitely a fine though.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

No calls to the bullpen tonight.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from exdodgerfan. Show exdodgerfan's posts

Papi can do no wrong in my book.

no suspension

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to MustangBri's comment:

Really David?  Up 7 - 2 and you lose your mind in the dugout cuz you K'd.  Shrapnel from the phone flying everywhere... players ducking for cover.  Pedie was PO'd with him.  Suspension coming from this one.

I don't blame pedie for being mad, ortiz could have hurt him.  Ortiz was being selfish and childish.  I hope his fine hurts but I doubt it will.

I can't imagine carl yaz, teddy ball game, gentleman jim and cal ripken acting out like this.  Pathetic.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Seems like ortiz can do some wrong in pedie's book.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

The setting at that moment is what gets to me... up 7 - 2 in the 7th with nobody on base and you K, and btch about the previous pitch to he one you K'd on.  Thats being stat conscious, and not team conscious.  Stupid.  

Love how Pedey went off on him.  Dumbazz!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Liked the passion,but hated the display.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

Ortiz is out of control and he is an embarassed his team and sox fans.  First of all he should not have started to walk to first before the call was made.  Umps don't like being showed up.  Then to act the way he did over a strike out is childish and unbecoming of a sports profesional and a role model for kids.

This guy has to learn to control his temper and emotions.  Francona recounted a meeting in his book that had ortiz storming in dropping the fbomb all over the place.  Then there was the game after the bombing.  He is showing no class and needs to clean up his act.

I feel like you didn't like Ortiz before this. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

Liked the passion,but hated the display.

Took some good hacks though, and as a switch hitter...who knew!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gymrat05. Show gymrat05's posts

Did any of you watch the game , the ump was brutal !he should be suspended 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to gymrat05's comment:

Did any of you watch the game , the ump was brutal !he should be suspended 

i agree. the worst umpiring of the season. that's really saying something! it's like we have replacement umps out there or something..... just horrendous all season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Good for him. Need some hate.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

In response to MustangBri's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Gee, I wonder where all the posters are?  Usually when something happens there is a play by play on this forum.  All the Ortiz worshipers are figuring out how to spin this one.  Yes, a suspension of between 4-10 games I bet.  Even Dustin seemed hot under the collar with Ortiz.

[/QUOTE]

this is y ortiz can never b a true LEADER or captain.. TOO MANY BOUT WITH IMMATURITY. ORtiz is a guy who could channel his inner hernandez at some point.. not in a planned way but on impulse of DISRESPECT! he felt disrespected by the strike call on 3-0 so he acts like an insane child. what if someone cuts him off and disrespects him with the finger or his PED use or lack of accomplishments or whatever.. papi has a very darks side. domestic violence isnt out of the question either.. he's one of us so we igno it but many issues there. 3 game suspension..

methinks the guy who installed the fone should b DISRESPECTED! perhaps he should go off as well?

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Ortiz is one of the great Red Sox heroes.  That does not excuse this. He completely lost it . And over a trivial matter. Not that it could be justified under any circumstance. It looked like a case of temporary insanity. He put his teammates and manager in danger. Someone could have been seriously hurt. This cannot be excused, no matter how much you revere Ortiz. The umpire was horrible all night. But you just cannot behave in this reckless and irresponsible manner. It was an embarrassment to the team. Pedroia was obviously ticked off , and rightly so. Now , the inevitable suspension will hurt the club in a pennant race.  No Sox fan should defend this behavior. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

I doubt there will be a suspension. Those are usually reserved for on-field incidents, not bench tirades even of the destructive variety. I expect there will only be a fine.

That being said, if I'm John Henry, Ben Cherington, John Farrell, or whoever is in charge of making team suspensions, I'd suspend Ortiz for tomorrow's game. That would send a stronger message than anything that comes down from the commissioner's office. Ortiz needs to keep his anger under control, especially when it affects the safety of his own teammates. Ortiz should also reimburse the expense of replacing the phone.

25. This post has been removed.