1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Ortiz throws a fit... destroys dugout phone with bat

There won't be a suspension. He broke his bat in the dugout, he might have to pay for the phone to be replaced. He was thrown out of the game. So all you drama queens craving Ortiz's head on a platter can go to bed now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to gymrat05's comment:

Did any of you watch the game , the ump was brutal !he should be suspended 

It really was horrible. That pitch that was demp thew right down the middle that was called a ball was a bad joke.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to MustangBri's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Really David?  Up 7 - 2 and you lose your mind in the dugout cuz you K'd.  Shrapnel from the phone flying everywhere... players ducking for cover.  Pedie was PO'd with him.  Suspension coming from this one.

Catch the replay on SC for this one.  Not to be believed!!  Crazy.

[/QUOTE

Please!  Man up!  Let it go.....   Big boy time.

If you don't understand losing it in the heat of a game once a blue moon, you've never played competitive team sports.

Love the passion!!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

p.s.   Pedey & anybody else in the line of fire are the only folks Papi needs to answer too or appologize to.  & I'm sure he's already done so.

end of story@  Still love his passion!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

In response to jackbu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Really David?  Up 7 - 2 and you lose your mind in the dugout cuz you K'd.  Shrapnel from the phone flying everywhere... players ducking for cover.  Pedie was PO'd with him.  Suspension coming from this one.

Gee, I wonder where all the posters are?  Usually when something happens there is a play by play on this forum.  All the Ortiz worshipers are figuring out how to spin this one.  Yes, a suspension of between 4-10 games I bet.  Even Dustin seemed hot under the collar with Ortiz.

[/QUOTE]

this is y ortiz can never b a true LEADER or captain.. TOO MANY BOUT WITH IMMATURITY. ORtiz is a guy who could channel his inner hernandez at some point.. not in a planned way but on impulse of DISRESPECT! he felt disrespected by the strike call on 3-0 so he acts like an insane child. what if someone cuts him off and disrespects him with the finger or his PED use or lack of accomplishments or whatever.. papi has a very darks side. domestic violence isnt out of the question either.. he's one of us so we igno it but many issues there. 3 game suspension..

methinks the guy who installed the fone should b DISRESPECTED! perhaps he should go off as well?

[/QUOTE]

Speaking of immaturity????

Anybody who doesn't realize how joking about a revered player being a brutal cold blooded murderer in waiting is the epitome of immature@

Talk about losing it???  Was this an out of control post in the heat of the moment????

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from exdodgerfan. Show exdodgerfan's posts

In response to gymrat05's comment:

Did any of you watch the game , the ump was brutal !he should be suspended 

almost unbelievable.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from exdodgerfan. Show exdodgerfan's posts

In response to prknsdnld's comment:

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:

He's not "great", he's an all-time Red Sox legend.

He's a passionate player, its what makes him great.

He's not "great.

"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

if this surprises you about papi you havent been paying attention - but suspension? How about an apology to his teammates? That would be a nice gesture and then MLB will act in the "games best interest."

As always - 100% correct!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MacaroniFan. Show MacaroniFan's posts

I was at the game last night and got a full view of the hole thing. I think he was embarassed more than anything after he tossed the bat. The wiff on strick three and croud put him over the top. Doesnt justify the tantrum but got the fans back into it.

p.s. Great ballfield to go to. I recommend a road trip to Camden Yards to any Sox fan. Fans are pretty cool too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

If you don't understand losing it in the heat of a game once a blue moon, you've never played competitive team sports.

Love the passion!!!!!!

Yup, it's almost impossible to play oin the edge and not go over once in a while.  I've made it a hobby of mine to assess the kids at the local school when my kids have played.  Unless the kids were freakishly tall, the ones that make it are the ones that start to get annoyed when pushed or when we are losing.  You don't want them goi ng over the top, but the kids that don't react just don't do as well.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

What the "everyone needs a trophy and no one should get mad" crowd is missing is that every player has probably done this.

They just usually wait until they're in the tunnel to the clubhouse.

Ortiz didn't. Big deal.

Man, folks realy go out of their way to find things to whine about here.

People get pizzed off once in a while. Get over it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from terminator-x. Show terminator-x's posts

BFD. Let him pay for a new phone. Moving on . . . . 

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

Ortiz been pizzy since All Star game - ump made bad calls on him at plate in that game and he's been simmering ever since and finally boiled over with those calls last night.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Although the umpire made some absolutely terrible,terrible calls,it doesn't justify Papi puttting his teamates at risk with his immaturity and violent outburst.He really could have hurt someone swinging the bat or with the shrapnel 

If he really felt the need to get his anger out of his system,he should be doing it down in the tunnel,out the the public's eye.Instead of everyone's attention being on Drew's 2 dingers or a good quality start by Dempster,the focus today is on Ortiz acting like a 10 year old spoiled brat who didn't get his way.

I love his passion and Ortiz is a beloved Boston icon as well as a great player,but displays like this put some tarnish on his image,IMHO.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Loved it !... Lets  put a little spark under thier azz. Maybe should have used bat to fix thumb sucking Buchs neck.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

He didnt have the meltdown, over the balls and strikes. It was when he was thrown out, being penalized for the umps bad calls. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

Ortiz is out of control and he is an embarassed his team and sox fans.  First of all he should not have started to walk to first before the call was made.  Umps don't like being showed up.  Then to act the way he did over a strike out is childish and unbecoming of a sports profesional and a role model for kids.

This guy has to learn to control his temper and emotions.  Francona recounted a meeting in his book that had ortiz storming in dropping the fbomb all over the place.  Then there was the game after the bombing.  He is showing no class and needs to clean up his act.

No No No... You have it all wrong... Peddy played a joke on Ortiz by putting a picture of Buch on the dugout phone.....Peddy tried to tell Ortiz that the umpire put it up there.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Nothing but love for Papi for me.  Those pitches we're obviousing high and that ump gave Dempster no calls andcorrect me if I'm wrong but that ump admitted he blew the call (how can you not)

With that said Papi lost control and his cool.  Everyone losses it from time to time so as long as he pays his fine, serves a game or two and apologizes to his team mates the he has my forgiveness

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

Nothing but love for Papi for me.  Those pitches we're obviousing high and that ump gave Dempster no calls andcorrect me if I'm wrong but that ump admitted he blew the call (how can you not)

With that said Papi lost control and his cool.  Everyone losses it from time to time so as long as he pays his fine, serves a game or two and apologizes to his team mates the he has my forgiveness

When is the last time a player got suspended for bashing an inanimate object?

If that were the case, Paul O'neil would've missed half of some seasons.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

The poor telephone man who has to clean up that mess.

Been there done that, here is your new phone, sign here please.

But as long as no one is hurt I love to see passion like that from my players. Much prefer to see a display like that any day over happy nods to the competition or joking and smiles from the players on the bench during a loss.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to prknsdnld's comment:

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:

[QUOTE]

He's a passionate player, its what makes him great.

He's not "great.

"

[/QUOTE]

Troll

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

What the "everyone needs a trophy and no one should get mad" crowd is missing is that every player has probably done this.

They just usually wait until they're in the tunnel to the clubhouse.

Ortiz didn't. Big deal.

Man, folks realy go out of their way to find things to whine about here.

People get pizzed off once in a while. Get over it.

Don and remdawg actually addressed this during the broadcast. Neither of them seemed particularly concerned.

Sections
Shortcuts