Ortiz to the Bench

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Re: Ortiz to the Bench

Sheriff-Rojas = LocLoco

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StatsFromLouie. Show StatsFromLouie's posts

Gonzalez has played one game in RF in his career. That was six years ago, but as long as he isn't playing in Fenway's RF, it couldn't be that bad. Although you probably don't want your new investment risking himself in the OF. As a baseball fan, I would enjoy seeing it. As a Yankees fan, even more.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: Ortiz to the Bench:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ortiz to the Bench : Great clip, carnie.  Dave Alvin kicksass. 
    Posted by Sheriff-Rojas[/QUOTE]

Like the new avatar...Sheriff..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

How the hell is CERA even a valid concept - I have NEVER seen anyone other than the elitist here even mention CERA... Johnny Pesky and Charlie Wagner certainly never talked about with me.... they would laugh at you.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Actually harness Fisk and Bill Lee would both laugh at you... and laugh hard... and still keep laughing after you slithered out of the autograph booth.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]If Ortiz was catching Felix, his CERA would be low. If Varitek was catching Wastefield, his CERA would be high. End of CERA.
    Posted by betterredthandead[/QUOTE]

You don't get my message about changing your tone about calling Wakefield names, do you Troll. Maybe we should call you betterDeadthanred. Sounds good to me. 

Troll hater !!

Hetchinspete.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]If Ortiz was catching Felix, his CERA would be low. If Varitek was catching Wastefield, his CERA would be high. End of CERA.
    Posted by betterredthandead[/QUOTE]

However you feel about CERA, you should at least get that it is not attributed to the catcher....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

espn includes cera in catcher defensive stats.  Harness has said that catchers make the biggest difference when the pitcher doesn't quite have it.  When a pitcher is throwing aspirins or watermelons, the catcher doesn't need to help of can't help.    I think Lackey is definitely helped by having Varitek catch him.  Becket is maybe helped.  Buchholz and Lester's ERA's are up this year and I don't think that's because of Saltalamacchia, but it could be. 

I completely disagree with the thesis that pitchers can and should call their own pitches.  An occasional shakeoff might be OK, but not on a regular basis.  The pitcher needs to focus on execution, not on thinking about what might work next.