Ortiz to the Yankees... it would make my day.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Ortiz to the Yankees... it would make my day.

Boomer Scott went,

Tiant went,

even Butch Hobson....

then Boggs

followed by the legendary Roger Clemens....

and lastly Johnny D.

The Yankees of yesterday would be dumb enough to log-jam their DH spot and over-pay for an aging injury-prone slugger who is already 5 years removed from his prime. Sadly the Yankees of today might not be that dumb.

As a fan I would love to see Ortiz ride off into the sunset with pinstripes. It would further endorse my opinion that he only cares for himself.

Big Papi make my day. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Re: Ortiz to the Yankees... it would make my day.

The Yankees could try to do it, but they know that it is too risky do it especially they all do not know how well Jeter will be for this coming season as well A-Rod may not have much time to play at 3B.  

If the Yankees do get him, then Boston is more likely to go after hard at Napoli!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

The Yankees could try to do it, but they know that it is too risky do it especially they all do not know how well Jeter will be for this coming season as well A-Rod may not have much time to play at 3B.  

If the Yankees do get him, then Boston is more likely to go after hard at Napoli!!

I wouldn't be surprised if this happens. Although, the Yankees, like many other organizations in MLB, have several players on their roster that can DH.  Ortiz may get offers from other teams in addition to the Yankees. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to pinstripezac's comment:

those last three all helped ny win rings

it's silly to suggest the sox would be better off

minus ortiz and adding him to nyy

baseball negotiations can be like making sausage

it's ugly and grimy and you'll like it better if you don't watch too closely

I don't see meeting ortizs demands as a problem for other teams

it's giving up the draft choice that should save the sox from losing him

I don't think the Red Sox would be better off without Ortiz, but it is a definite possibility that he does sign somewhere else.  I still want to see him end his career with the Red Sox.  

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Free agency does not surprise me anymore.

After the 1996 season, Roger Clemens went to Toronto (of all clubs).  

If Ortiz does go to the Yankees then so be it.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Actually, if Ortiz did go to the Yankees he might be able to chase the all-time single season HR crown, currently being misrepresented by one Barry Bonds.

Ortiz as the DH in Yankee Stadium, with that short right field porch and wind gusts that consistently blow out to right field would be a great spot for him...look what it did for Granderson and Cano and let's not forget the power slugging Raul Ibanez.

Ortiz would be smart to sign there...although I think Cashman has enough DH's on his team now that he'll have to pass...unless someone decides they want Arod and do the Yanks a huge, huge favor and take him off their hands.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

Boomer Scott went,

Tiant went,

even Butch Hobson....

then Boggs

followed by the legendary Roger Clemens....

and lastly Johnny D.

The Yankees of yesterday would be dumb enough to log-jam their DH spot and over-pay for an aging injury-prone slugger who is already 5 years removed from his prime. Sadly the Yankees of today might not be that dumb.

As a fan I would love to see Ortiz ride off into the sunset with pinstripes. It would further endorse my opinion that he only cares for himself.

Big Papi make my day. 

More likely the Rangers.

Oakland my darkhorse.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

Only a bonehead would declare that he thinks Ortiz only cares for himself.  He is one of he last players I would put in that category.  You wonder why some of these guys even pay attention to baseball, they don't know crap about it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

So your saying you want Papi to sign with the NYY so you can say you were right? Gotchya...

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Doubt Ortiz will go anywhere. He wants to remain in Boston as much, if not more, than the FO does, as the face of the franchise. When push comes to shove, both sides will do what it takes to get it done.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Doubt Ortiz will go anywhere. He wants to remain in Boston as much, if not more, than the FO does, as the face of the franchise. When push comes to shove, both sides will do what it takes to get it done.

I think they will too J-Bay...theres definitly a market out there for him though. Baltimore and texas come to mind, as both have a need and can afford it.

Sections
Shortcuts