Ortiz update

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Ortiz update

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

While watching yesterday's game on NESN, Don Orsillo mention the fact that NESN will start the pregame show an hour earlier than typical. He said that it will start at 11 am. Gametime is at 1 pm. I didn't mean to start a big argument here.  It isn't that important to lose sleep over. Watch it if you are home. Go Red Sox.

The Red Sox home opener starts at 2 pm. Monday's game is the Yankees home opener and starts at 1 pm.

Don't shoot the messenger.

the question was about the yankees pre game on YES, pike. Asked by yourself, as TV Guy, I might add

• TV-Guy
    • First: 3/29/2013
    • Last: 3/31/2013

What time does YES have pregame on Monday?

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

In response to mef429's comment:

it's not the first time he's talked to himself on the forum and it certainly won't be the last... dude needs some friends.

or professional help

a friend who is liscensed to give professional help?

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ms_obstinate. Show ms_obstinate's posts

The designated hitter is set to face live pitching in one-to-two weeks.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2013/03/david-ortiz-craig-breslow-franklin-morales-to-start-season-on-15-day-disabled-list/

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ms_obstinate. Show ms_obstinate's posts

NEW YORK – David Ortiz tested his injured heels/Achilles once again prior to the Red Sox’ Opening Day meeting with the Yankees Monday, and remains hopeful that he could see game action upon returning to Fort Myers Thursday.

“Feeling good, very good,” he said. “I’m at the point right now that it’s more stable than what it used to be. That’s good. Seems like we’re moving forward.”

Ortiz, who is on the 15-day disabled list (retroactive to March 22), has yet to run the bases since being shut down due to heel inflammation in spring training. He has, however, started to increase the level of agility drills/sprinting.

“Hopefully running in general is pretty much the same thing (as running the bases),” he said. “I would say when I’m running straight or making turns, it’s pretty much like running the bases. Hopefully running is pretty much the same.”

Monday also marked the first time in Ortiz’ major league career that he was not active for Opening Day.

“Little weird, but it is what it is,” he said. “Opening Day’s the one time that you want to be good to go, and be ready for the season, definitely. It’s just a weird feeling.”

Serving at the Red Sox’ designated hitter against Yankee starter CC Sabathia is Jonny Gomes.

http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2013/04/01/david-ortiz-achilles-is-more-stable-that-what-it-used-to-be/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

I watched more baseball shows then I cared to over the weekend.  All reports have him only running in a straight line and has yet to step on a base or run to second.

You can spin the reports all you want, but Ortiz is not going to play in a game at fenway for at least memorial day.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ms_obstinate. Show ms_obstinate's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

In response to jackbu's comment:

I watched more baseball shows then I cared to over the weekend.  All reports have him only running in a straight line and has yet to step on a base or run to second.

You can spin the reports all you want, but Ortiz is not going to play in a game at fenway for at least memorial day.

Is he bench pressing?

No Bubu is not bench pressing he is key board typing ;-)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ms_obstinate. Show ms_obstinate's posts

GOOD NEWS!!!!

NEW YORK — Designated hitter David Ortiz could return to the Red Sox lineup by the middle of this month and shortstop Stephen Drew is expected back as soon as Monday.

Both players are making rapid progress from their injuries. Drew, who suffered a concussion March 7, will start a rehabilitation assignment with Double A Portland Thursday.

Ortiz, who has been coming back from a small tear in his right Achilles’ tendon, will return to the team complex in Fort Myers, Fla., Thursday and is tentatively scheduled to play in an extended spring training game Monday.

“In talking with David, I think he’d feel comfortable with 25-30 at-bats, likely to be taken place at [Triple A] Pawtucket. When that rehab assignment begins remains to be seen,” manager John Farrell said Wednesday.

It’s uncertain how much time Ortiz will need in extended spring training before he starts his rehabilitation assignment with Pawtucket.

“We’re going to gauge that on him and when he’s ready to take that next progressive step,” Farrell said. “But I think it’s most important to note that he continues to move along the prescribed plan that’s in place. I know with each passing day he feels better about himself with the intensity ramping up with his running. So we’ll get a better read when he returns to Florida.”

Ortiz will start base-running drills Friday. He has been running in the outfield at Yankee Stadium before games in this series.

“Good. I’m doing fine,” Ortiz said during a brief encounter with reporters.

http://bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/04/03/red-sox-david-ortiz-stephen-drew-making-progress/0YpIJnjv1gMFkEkP5hMtfI/story.html

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ms_obstinate. Show ms_obstinate's posts

I can't wait to see Big Papi back in action!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

and shortstop Stephen Drew is expected back as soon as Monday.

Uh oh!

Whey did Drew stay in extended spring training while Ortiz decided to go to The Bronx?  Could it be that Drew is more committed in returning to the line-up?

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Didn't this thread start in early March ?????    Who was it that said back in November that the "big Guy" was at the end of the trail ????   BTW, How is he doing ??

I think I remember someone saying back in October that ortiz would miss a lot of games this season due to that "strain".

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ms_obstinate. Show ms_obstinate's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

Didn't this thread start in early March ?????    Who was it that said back in November that the "big Guy" was at the end of the trail ????   BTW, How is he doing ??

I think I remember someone saying back in October that ortiz would miss a lot of games this season due to that "strain".

Thank you all for your replies

Ortiz will be back soon and all you haters can go eat crow.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ms_obstinate. Show ms_obstinate's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

We all know you are that dumb.

Do you think bubu is DAD? The one Bill is always refering to? They seem to always chime in after each other.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts