Ortiz: "Valentine must have some mental issues"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Ortiz: "Valentine must have some mental issues"

Papi fires back at Valentine.Here's a snippet and a link to read the whole article:

From ESPNBoston.com:

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/8596837/david-ortiz-boston-red-sox-fires-back-crazy-bobby-valentine

The soon-to-be 37-year-old Ortiz emphatically denied that deal had anything to do with him missing the rest of the season and saying he ignored a message from Valentine after the interview because he thought he was dealing with someone with "some mental issues."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Ortiz:

Valentine does have mental issues.

He is an egomaniac and is trying desperately to put all the blame on the players or anyone else but himself.

It is not so much that I doubt his baseball knowledge but more that he is an abrasive personalty who is better suited to reality shows, game shows or broadcasting. He has entertainment value, but so do clowns, comedians, daredevils  and tightrope walkers. But you don't necessarily want one of those guys as a manager of a team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

I remember Remy saying Ortiz wasn't close to 100%, didnt know what to expect but the one who wanted to give it go. How could Valentine blame what he said on the media? It was a taped interview, not edited in print. Screw lose

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Valentine managed in Japan for many years.  So maybe he has a pound of Wasabi stuck up his "where the sun doesn't shine".  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

He may have mental issues that have been exacerbated by having to clean off Geo's saliva from his boots.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

He may have mental issues that have been exacerbated by having to clean off Geo's saliva from his boots.

LMAO

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Note Geo's conscpicuous absence since he realized how dumb his Ortiz negotiation interpretation was.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

Doesn't matter what kind of issues Valentine has.  The facts are that ortiz missed 71 games last season.  He did come back and have one heck of a game and then shut it down the rest of the season.  If he was truly injured for that duration, did he all of a sudden get healthy?

I suspect the sox knew Ortiz was healthy and thus is the reason for the quick signing.

The Red Sox' season has been over for a month. The last I checked suddenly getting healthy takes a lot less than a month. Moron.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Valentine managed in Japan for many years.  So maybe he has a pound of Wasabi stuck up his "where the sun doesn't shine".  

He Snorted it like steve O, But Bobby V will tell you he didnt throw up like steve O did.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Papi is only stating the obvious, something most of us have know for months.  The cognitive dissonance in here is beautiful.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Good for papi to wait until more important business was taken care of to address this. BV wanted a reaction and expected one. Papi left it alone for a while and now, although a funny one, its just a passing story. No quite what BV planned Id bet. BV wants to desperately stay in the spotlight to stroke his inflated ego. Im just glad Papi didnt bite when this story was first released.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Good for papi to wait until more important business was taken care of to address this. BV wanted a reaction and expected one. Papi left it alone for a while and now, although a funny one, its just a passing story. No quite what BV planned Id bet. BV wants to desperately stay in the spotlight to stroke his inflated ego. Im just glad Papi didnt bite when this story was first released.

I completely believe this. I bet that's exactly what Bobby wanted. Well played by Ortiz.

And, yes, there's definitely something wrong with Bobby. I remember saying in a post I made a while ago that there was no way that the FO could interview BV and not be able to  tell there was something wrong with him. No way. I have absolutely no idea why they thought that was the way to go.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"And, yes, there's definitely something wrong with Bobby. I remember saying in a post I made a while ago that there was no way that the FO could interview BV and not be able to  tell there was something wrong with him. No way. I have absolutely no idea why they thought that was the way to go."

Yes! We agree on something at long last. And not just a little bit. 100 percent. Perfectly expressed. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

I completely believe this. I bet that's exactly what Bobby wanted. Well played by Ortiz.

And, yes, there's definitely something wrong with Bobby. I remember saying in a post I made a while ago that there was no way that the FO could interview BV and not be able to  tell there was something wrong with him. No way. I have absolutely no idea why they thought that was the way to go.

Uh-oh!  Kimster is critical of something about the Red Sox.  She must be a Yankee fan.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"And, yes, there's definitely something wrong with Bobby. I remember saying in a post I made a while ago that there was no way that the FO could interview BV and not be able to  tell there was something wrong with him. No way. I have absolutely no idea why they thought that was the way to go."

Yes! We agree on something at long last. And not just a little bit. 100 percent. Perfectly expressed. 

I'll add this, the team is finally doing OK we're winning a few games, and Bobby decides that's the time to take a shot at Youk and say he's not trying hard enough, or whatever he said. How many people were shaking their heads like, what is he talking about?. We're finally winning some games.

Media Bobby wasn't getting enough attention with no controversy, so he just creates some. And he didn't stop there, he kept it up throughout the season.

There is NO question in my mind where all the mysterious leaks to ESPN et. al were coming from, and I've said that as well. He was trying to get the team to turn on each other wondering where the leak was coming from when it couldn't be more obvious. Again, no chance the FO couldn't tell he had a problem during the interview process.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas's comment:

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

Uh-oh!  Kimster is critical of something about the Red Sox.  She must be a Yankee fan.  

LMR. We meet again. Welcome back. The off-season seems to be your time of year. Actually, the only time I see you here. Here's hoping your "regular" screenname is not a Yankee fan's alias that's just embarrassed to be hanging out here during the OS obsessing about Beni. You do know he's not here anymore, right?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

Note Geo's conscpicuous absence since he realized how dumb his Ortiz negotiation interpretation was.

Hes been off his balance about a lot of things lately. Lost what little respect I might have had.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

Doesn't matter what kind of issues Valentine has.  The facts are that ortiz missed 71 games last season.  He did come back and have one heck of a game and then shut it down the rest of the season.  If he was truly injured for that duration, did he all of a sudden get healthy?

I suspect the sox knew Ortiz was healthy and thus is the reason for the quick signing.

Trying to figure out how the issues surrounding BV do not matter? Then DO had a great game but it was all over the news and even Remy said he was not fully recovered?  I think jack either dims remembers or is trying to rewrite the record? 

i will alsstake a page from some others here...I told you hiring BV was a mistake the day it happened and I was right.  Gee I sound like__________.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Bobby V.,  just "HIGH ON LIFE" !!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

Valentine does have mental issues.

He is an egomaniac and is trying desperately to put all the blame on the players or anyone else but himself.

It is not so much that I doubt his baseball knowledge but more that he is an abrasive personalty who is better suited to reality shows, game shows or broadcasting. He has entertainment value, but so do clowns, comedians, daredevils  and tightrope walkers. But you don't necessarily want one of those guys as a manager of a team.

Sounds a lot like the current occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts