ORTIZ will pull a RAY ALLEN!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Re: ORTIZ will pull a RAY ALLEN!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to SindarinEribor's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hold off. How many here wanted to extend Beckett ASAP. Then you changed your minds after Beckett lost his velocity. Now you want to extend Papi for three years when he rode the bench for two months with a major injury that could reoccur any day?

[/QUOTE]

I'm not in favor of 3 unless the third year is a team option.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Boy was I wrong!  Still...  I guess I'm happy?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to COMMIECONTRARIAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i am BLAMING BEN for this.. IF I AM DUQUETTE I AM salivating, papi is exactly what they need here in baltimore. for pap its respect. to even debate even this proud man a 2 year deal is ridiculous. balt will give him a 2 year 20m deal with incentives where he could make up to $30m over the 2 year period with a autovesting option for a 3rd year.  

[/QUOTE]

Another premature ejacu...

I mean premature prognostication.  

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" i was right about the perimeters so there.." 

Aww c'mon you were totally wrong. If by getting the details wrong you mean that your post's title was exactly the opposite of what ended up happening, then yeah, you got the details wrong. And just about everythng else...

Just like the rest of us you're right sometimes and wrong others. You have no special talents for prediction and the sooner you realize that the more enjoyable you will be on these boards. 

By the way Ray Allen wasn't Ray Allened - Ray Allen Ray Allened the Celtics like he's done two other franchises. 

Also: the Celts don't need Ray Allen, he was relatively expendable. They would have preferred to keep him but their backup plan was more than decent. The Sox on the other hand have no one on their lineup that can hit so there was no backup plan for Ortiz, no equivalent of Jason Terry/Courtney Lee. That's why the deal got done. It's not that hard to understand the difference.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to SindarinEribor's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The car saleman and I both feel very "disrespected" when we can't agree upon a price for a new car. Negotiation is like that. It is a game. Calling it disrespect is ridiculous. Purchasing a car that comes with a long list of reported defects is much like signing a ballplayer with an achillies problem.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure all these people get out much.  All the negotiations I've been involved with are straight-forward.  Both sides have a number they'll go to.  And they have a number they start at. I got my car because it was in the dealer's best interest to sell it at that price.  We even argued over the car mats.  I got my house because no one outbid me.  Both parties were well-served.

9. This post has been removed.