Re: Oswalt to Cardinals, does Ben still go for a SP?
posted at 1/28/2012 9:09 PM EST
In Response to Re: Oswalt to Cardinals, does Ben still go for a SP?
[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oswalt to Cardinals, does Ben still go for a SP? : that would be nice,wouldnt it? aviles/Iggy combine for better defense and hitting than Marco... paps is not missed... and the players all get slimmer, healthier, and more serious.... Bobby V has a lot on his plate....
Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]
He does, geo, and I understand your deep concerns. I am not overly optimistic about our chances this year, but I do not think it's not very unreasonable to just a few of the following things might happen that will help un improve on our 2011 season and at least make the playoffs and give us a chance...
1) The 100+ innings by Bailey and Melancon will equalize the loss of 60 IP by Paps.
2) Youk finally has a healthy season and returns to a .900+ OPS.
3) Salty (at the age VTek came of age) matures.
4) Aviles/Iggy do as well or better than Scutty/Lowrie.
5) CC returns to about his career norm.
6) Ross (900+ vs LHPs) and Sweeney (.780+ vs RHPs) will combine to swamp last year's lame RF offense.
7) Buch starts 28+ games and pitches like 2010.
8) We pick up a 4th starter that blows Lackey's '11 out of the water.
9) One to three of these guys do better than Wake, Miller, Weiland:
Bard, Aceves, Silva, Padilla, Cook, Doubront, AWilson, others...
10) The half more season by these guys helps:
Dice-K, Morales, and Tazawa
We may only see 3 or 4 of these things come true, but that may be enough. 5 or 6 and we should be a playoff favorite. 7-8 and I think we can win a ring. 8-9 and we are faves.