Oswalt willing to pitch anywhere

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wvwc61. Show wvwc61's posts

Oswalt willing to pitch anywhere

ESPN reported that Oswalt was willing to pitch anywhere. His wife must have told him that her mother was moving into the house.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Oswalt willing to pitch anywhere

"But, I don't wanna wisk my market value by pitching in da a.l. east.  me scaaarrred."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

NO THANKS........ NOT INTERESTED !!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

funny how dwindling interest gives them such clarity...Sealed

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Oswalt willing to pitch anywhere:
    [QUOTE]funny how dwindling interest gives them such clarity...
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

from teams or his wife?SealedWink

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I hear Japan's nice this time of year

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

He is still a better option than the guys we have lined up at the 5th spot. Silva and Miller are hurt already, they are babying the other throwaways too much. Dubrount showed up out of shape last year and was hurt all of last year. He was not sharp in his first outing of the Spring. They need to pick up a legitimate 5th starter and Oswalt fits the bill.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]He is still a better option than the guys we have lined up at the 5th spot. Silva and Miller are hurt already, they are babying the other throwaways too much. Dubrount showed up out of shape last year and was hurt all of last year. He was not sharp in his first outing of the Spring. They need to pick up a legitimate 5th starter and Oswalt fits the bill.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

I thought so too, but he strikes me as being really unfocused.

If the rumors are true, he turned $10M from Detroit, for what?  To hope that StL or TX would trade on of their starters and open a slot for him?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Even when Houston was finishing in last place Oswalt made it difficult for them to trade him, and to a winning team!  He often talked of not pitching much longer...... and after this winter I would say that most teams will wait for him to call them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

[QUOTE]He is still a better option than the guys we have lined up at the 5th spot. Silva and Miller are hurt already, they are babying the other throwaways too much. Dubrount showed up out of shape last year and was hurt all of last year. He was not sharp in his first outing of the Spring. They need to pick up a legitimate 5th starter and Oswalt fits the bill.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

And so many forum people call me negative? You are the forum poster boy for being negative.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

this guy is a strange bird...its not like he's fortysomething and needs more time to rest....i was all for signing him but his entire attitude about playing gives me pause....I think at this point I would pass....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]Even when Houston was finishing in last place Oswalt made it difficult for them to trade him, and to a winning team!  He often talked of not pitching much longer...... and after this winter I would say that most teams will wait for him to call them.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

He liked Houston, and the Astros ownership.  Drayton MacLane bought him a freakin' bulldozer!  (Oswalt is pure redneck.)

And beingfrom the area, he didn't want to give that up for a long time.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oswalt willing to pitch anywhere : He liked Houston, and the Astros ownership.  Drayton MacLane bought him a freakin' bulldozer!  (Oswalt is pure redneck.) And beingfrom the area, he didn't want to give that up for a long time.
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

I understand that but my opinion gets backed all day long with his current wishy-washiness

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Lowell were you impressed by Padilla's start yesterday ? I know its early but you get what you pay for and he is another throwaway and was available for a reason. I would feel comfortable with a more established and consistent starter at that position. I am also not a kool aid drinker and was terrified about what I saw of this team in September last year when they needed a pitcher and kept marching Wakefield and Weiland out to pitch.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oswalt willing to pitch anywhere : And so many forum people call me negative? You are the forum poster boy for being negative.
    Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]funny how dwindling interest gives them such clarity...
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]Hey jete,  That and a man's got to feed his family.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

I think this all comes down to dollars and a risk/reward calculation.  At this point he's somewhat "a pig in a poke" in that you don't know what you're getting.  If he's going to hold out for $10MMM to pitch someplace he can pitch there... someplace.  If, OTOH, he's had a reality check and recognizes that he's not going to get that AND is willing to settle for something in the order of $3MM + incentives....  I'm interested. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oswalt willing to pitch anywhere : from teams or his wife?
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHA

I'm assuming both.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]this guy is a strange bird...its not like he's fortysomething and needs more time to rest....i was all for signing him but his entire attitude about playing gives me pause....I think at this point I would pass....
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

That's about right.  If I interviewed for a job, on either side of the table, and the candidate showed that type of ambivalence, I'd think long and hard if he is woth it.

OTOH, as someone else mentioned, did I like Padilla's performance yesterday?  No.  If we get a few more rocky outings from our various #5's, Oswalt's ambivalence will become far less important to me.  It could become two desperate parties here.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

His attitude is a drag, but he'd be nice to have in the fold.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oswalt willing to pitch anywhere : Hey jete,  That and a man's got to feed his family.
    Posted by Hingham Hammer[/QUOTE] no matter who it is, i'm all for that part..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

I am not thrilled with his ambivalence either, but I wholeheartedly admit that if I read tomorrow that he has signed with the Red Sox, I would be thrilled.  If he is healthy, he is a pretty doggone good pitcher!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Only real men pitch in the American League Beast.

He sure would look real nice slotted in the 4 or 5...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

He seems like a bit of a headcase, but he has to be a better option than Padilla, Miller & Dobrount.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

It has to be a money issue with him since he supposedly had an offer with the Sox and other decent teams but chose not to go with a contender for less money than he had in mind...now he is caught between that proverbial rock and a hard place.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Oswalt is pure redneck.)

Now, if I were to say "Ortiz is pure nappy head", I would be called a bigot. Not sure why American culture tolerates this bigoted slur, "redneck".