Our #1 prospect Xander Bogaerts just got promoted to AAA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Our #1 prospect Xander Bogaerts just got promoted to AAA

confirmed by numerous reports.  

http://news.soxprospects.com/2013/06/xander-bogaerts-promoted-to-pawtucket.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: Our #1 prospect Xander Bogaerts just got promoted to AAA

Is he going to be tested at different position or is he staying put at SS?  I personally love to see Middlebrooks moves over to 1B next season and Iggy to 3B and XanBo at SS.  We will probably have the best IFs in the baseball if WMB finds his sparks back.  Power, speed, defense, offense.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

Is he going to be tested at different position or is he staying put at SS?  I personally love to see Middlebrooks moves over to 1B next season and Iggy to 3B and XanBo at SS.  We will probably have the best IFs in the baseball if WMB finds his sparks back.  Power, speed, defense, offense.  

Unless WMB starts producing he will spend the year at AAA ball again.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I guess Ill eat crow after saying that Bogy would remain in AA unil after the ASB. I guess he was fast tracked since Iggy is now a mainstay in Boston. Good for him.

Now, if they use him at 3b, we know who might be in line to replace Middy should he keep failing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/eye-on-baseball/22403622/red-sox-promote-top-prospect-xander-bogaerts-to-triplea

http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2013/06/13/red-sox-minor-league-roundup-xander-bogaerts-is-heading-to-pawtucket/

Sorry link box isnt working...AGAIN!!!

BDC needs to revamp its IT team because this site is slower than slow and is never working correctly.

Anyway, I think Bogy would be better at 3b or LF than SS. Ive seen him play a few times and have not been impressed with his footwork. I saw him last night 6/12 and it was the same thing. Maybe the quick twitch reactions would be better for him at 3b or roam LF like Manny, Yaz, and Williams did.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

If anything Xander would make the move to 3B and they would play Iggy at SS.  If Iggy could hit enough to play SS and Xander's defense improved enough to play SS then yes Xander trumps Iggy in that scenario....but in that scenario I wouldn't be surprised to see Iggy traded. 

I still say Xander moves to third.  If WMB comes around (and I think he will) he may enevitably become trade bait.  Only because his defense at SS is to good to move him to 1B.  But what do I know, I can see the team moving him there for a year or so if they want a productive cheap young infield. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

I guess Ill eat crow after saying that Bogy would remain in AA unil after the ASB. I guess he was fast tracked since Iggy is now a mainstay in Boston. Good for him.

Now, if they use him at 3b, we know who might be in line to replace Middy should he keep failing.

paw, It doesn't taste bad if prepared right.  I should know because I've had it more than once..

Wink

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to darrylfries' comment:

[QUOTE]

Looks like he'll be playing SS and 3rd to me. Holt's been playing SS which is by far his his poorest position. This week they called up Natoli from AA where he has only 14 ABs lifetime. Needless to say he's probably giong back to AA.

Doesn't look like he's likely to play much OF in Paw they are stacked already. but..

All of this recent moving makes me believe a trade is nearing this might free up an outfield slot in AAA   Maier and Hazelbaker might be included in a trade as a throw in.

I'm like you   I'm more than a little suprised by this move I expected it much later in the year.

[/QUOTE]

OHH yeah, theres DEFINITELY a trade coming.  I wouldn't bet on a big one but then again maybe there is a blockbuster in the works.  But with 40 man crunch thats coming up they either trade some of these guys or they end up losing them.  Mine as well get some value in return or feed the big league club. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I found this very interesting:

Gordon Edes ‏@GordonEdes 3m

Sox plan is to use Bogaerts at multiple positions In Pawtucket Farrell says

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

[QUOTE]

If anything Xander would make the move to 3B and they would play Iggy at SS.  If Iggy could hit enough to play SS and Xander's defense improved enough to play SS then yes Xander trumps Iggy in that scenario....but in that scenario I wouldn't be surprised to see Iggy traded. 

I still say Xander moves to third.  If WMB comes around (and I think he will) he may enevitably become trade bait.  Only because his defense at SS is to good to move him to 1B.  But what do I know, I can see the team moving him there for a year or so if they want a productive cheap young infield. 

[/QUOTE]

Or....Middlebrooks gets traded. He still has pretty good value as a 3b IMO, and could be part of a package to bring a good haul. 1b could be filled Nxt year by a lot of players. We need a top pitcher to go with Buch.I see WMB playing at 3rd and hoping he gets up to 240/250 with some pop..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Don't expect miracles---the kid can play--give him a little time. Hopefully Cecchinin will follow with a promotion to AA from Salem. The SeaDogs will not be very productive without XMan--he had 36 Rbi and was just starting to  hit for power.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I prefer this (assuming Boggy and Middlebrooks can hit ML pitching going forward):

1B: Middlebrooks

SS: Iggy

3B: Bogaerts

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

A sure sign that Bogaerts days at SS may be numbered.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

Don't expect miracles---the kid can play--give him a little time. Hopefully Cecchinin will follow with a promotion to AA from Salem. The SeaDogs will not be very productive without XMan--he had 36 Rbi and was just starting to  hit for power.

My guess is that Marrero could be promoted to AA

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing. Will Vinicio move up to Salem? Meneses might deserve a long look at Portland, but he can play 2B and 3B too.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

[QUOTE]

A sure sign that Bogaerts days at SS may be numbered.

[/QUOTE]

They're numbered no matter what.  I think Boston is not counting on him this year but if he's mashing it in Pawtucket they want to lay out multiple avenues if they need him.  If drew is gone and or middlebrooks goes down or Pedey goes down he may be a much better option to call up down the stretch.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing. Will Vinicio move up to Salem? Meneses might deserve a long look at Portland, but he can play 2B and 3B too.

[/QUOTE]

No way Vinicio gets called up he looks horrible this year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i told you all earlier in the year that the Sox brass felt that they were too slow in moving prospects up...which JoeyB disputed despite me quoting Lucchino exactly word for word (lol I guess Joey really knows what larry thinks/means) the old model of wading thru minor leagues is not realistic in this day/age of PED bans...you need to get young, fast, and healthy...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

IF WMB turns it around and Xander continues his hitting at the MLB level, the team will have a top 5 infield lineup next year:

1B WMB

2B Pedey

SS Iggy

3B Xander

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Lets keep in mind that Xander is that rare breed of a prospect who just moves up faster than everyone else.  He's the youngest player in AAA, was the youngest in AA.  And if I read this correctly he would still be the youngest if he was in high-A

This kid is the kind of prospect you don't get in your system very often and is going to be special.  Only elite talent moves through the minors like he has. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to RSPCB73's comment:

IF WMB turns it around and Xander continues his hitting at the MLB level, the team will have a top 5 infield lineup next year:

1B WMB

2B Pedey

SS Iggy

3B Xander

Fielding wise, yes, but there are still too many questions about the offense vs MLB pitching. The outlook is nice. We'll probably pick up a veteran corner IF'er as insurance if Naps is not re-signed (Naps offers a nice emergency catcher situation that allows us to PH for Ross and Salty late in games.)

Assuming no signings or extensions, next year's OF looks like this:

LF: Gomes/Nava

CF: JBJ/Kalish (Victorino)

RF: Victorino/Brentz (Nava)

Next year's catchers:

Ross/Lava/Vazquez

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

In response to RSPCB73's comment:

[QUOTE]

1B WMB

2B Pedey

SS Iggy

3B Xander

Fielding wise, yes, but there are still too many questions about the offense vs MLB pitching. The outlook is nice. We'll probably pick up a veteran corner IF'er as insurance if Naps is not re-signed (Naps offers a nice emergency catcher situation that allows us to PH for Ross and Salty late in games.)

Assuming no signings or extensions, next year's OF looks like this:

LF: Gomes/Nava

CF: JBJ/Kalish (Victorino)

RF: Victorino/Brentz (Nava)

Next year's catchers:

Ross/Lava/Vazquez

[/QUOTE]

Are you planning on Carp at 1B to platoon with WMB?

Sections
Shortcuts